Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #29
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
That blows. Sorry about the car, but glad you're okay.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #30
camarored97

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th
Had a very similar thing happen to me in my 95 Camaro. They settled the cost for my car repair within a very short time. The money for medical bills and lost wages took 6 years and a court settlement. DO NOT!!!!! miss any docters appointments. The other lawyer will say " I guess you were not hurt that bad if you missed an appointment". Document the shit out of everything. They will ask you some weird questions during the dispostion.
camarored97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #31
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I'm no expert but you may have dialed in too much camber.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #32
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarored97 View Post
Had a very similar thing happen to me in my 95 Camaro. They settled the cost for my car repair within a very short time. The money for medical bills and lost wages took 6 years and a court settlement. DO NOT!!!!! miss any docters appointments. The other lawyer will say " I guess you were not hurt that bad if you missed an appointment". Document the shit out of everything. They will ask you some weird questions during the dispostion.
The insuring party will attempt to starve you out. If you're relying on a settlement and they know you really need it...be prepared for the long haul. The lawyers for the otherside will know everything about you, long before deposition and whether they ever allow the case go to trial... your lifestyle, education, job/employment history, your net worth, credit worthiness/ history, debt to income ratio, pre existing/past medical history, existing disabilities %'s, and anyother tort or injury suits you've ever been a party of/too including settlements. You'll be completely exposed from a-z before the real excitement begins. Don't ever take it personal....or you'll stay upset. Good Luck~
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #33
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
1. Don't take the first offer

2. Get a lawyer
Old 02-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #34
FAIRNOT LZ1
It's in black & white

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Summit White #1366

Glad to see your alive!! Them pic's speak volumes for the safety of a Camaro!!!!
Like a few have said on this thread ...GET A LAWYER!!!!!
AND don't talk to anyone but your lawyer!!!! Please!!!

FAIRNOT LZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #35
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Man that hurts just looking at it! So glad that you made it out alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
1. Don't take the first offer

2. Get a lawyer
I am no insurance adjuster but I would consider that totaled. Just like what mister incredible said get yourself a lawyer.
Sapper12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #36
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This is why you buy GAP coverage. You never know what will happen. It's good to see that you're not injured.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #37
blahzay

Drives: Camaro SS
Yeah I already have a lawyer. Im just doing what he's asking me to do which is going to therapy 3 times a week for 2 months.

But when the accident happened I felt snug behind the wheel. The safety of the camaro is top notch!
blahzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #38
crustychev

Drives: 2013 ZL1,1972 Dart, 1947 Willys
And I'll bet just about every arse pick that drove by would have blamed the flashy Camaro even if you were only doing 60 in the hammer lane.
crustychev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #39
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I was hit by a drunk driver once. The insurance will buy the car from you as though it is in mint condition. They will pay fair market value for the car. That means what it will cost to replace it plus TTL. They usually pick a radius around your hometown and pull selling prices of comparable vehicles. Then they average them. You have the right to see the list used and eliminate all that do not compare. Like the 100k miles cars or the salvage titles and so on. The car side of the settlement is pretty straight forward and they will move pretty quickly to get it settled. The personal injury side is much slower. Took me almost two years to get to a settlement.

Good luck and glad your ok.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #40
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This is why you buy GAP coverage. You never know what will happen. It's good to see that you're not injured.
+1 I always get GAP insurance now. I bought a Saturn new 10 years ago or so and didn't have GAP insurance. A guy cut me off in a pickup truck and my car got totaled out and the insurance paid my loan off except $600.00. I was pretty pissed at the time. I will never buy a car again without GAP insurance. I want to atleast walk away from a car not owing anything on it if it gets totaled.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #41
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Not meaning to thread jack but I don't buy gap insurance because I make sure there is no gap. Buy at the right price and keep your loan under 60 mo and pay a little extra is my gap insurance.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #42
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Not meaning to thread jack but I don't buy gap insurance because I make sure there is no gap. Buy at the right price and keep your loan under 60 mo and pay a little extra is my gap insurance.
Good advice!

But for those that just can't wait and gotta have the car today, gap insurance is a must.
As soon as they drive it off the lot, they owe way more on the car than it is worth.
So, when bad things happen they are in serious financial trouble.

Too many people assume if they total a car, their insurance will just buy them a new one.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote