Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #29
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Yeah, so you know what I'm talking about. Parent makes their kid stand within 5 feet of them for the duration of time in the store at walmart, but by golly when they get to the parking lot and see that cart corral two isles over, all of the sudden the kid is the one with the cart and the parent is jumping into the car. Seen this several times. Some people I just don't understand

Kid sees distance, computes it, gives the junk shopping cart a big ol'e shove expecting it to go in a straight line, and....it doesn't!
Oh yes I do know what you're talking about..parents unleash the lil beast and hop right in the vehicles (which is probably 4 or 5 times bigger than them) and little johnny is having a field day dinging someones hard earned possession..... and kids are too young to realize that shopping carts need front wheel alignments too.... and I would like to apologize to all the owners of the 70's and 80's cars that I tagged with run away ding missile
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #30
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calinkaos View Post
....I would of dumped my girlfriend for thinking she did it since it was on the passenger side.

You are definitely a certified camaro nut.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #31
calinkaos
Army EOD Vet

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS blk/blk/blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
You are definitely a certified camaro nut.
I know what to do with true love. and my girlfriend knows already she will never have that with me, since i gave my heart to this car.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #32
sneakyquickSS

Drives: 2010 Black SS M6
I feel your pain on this one. I had the same thing happen at work. A visitor came and parked next to me and dinged my door. I saw the car parked to close (yes I park where I can watch it from my window) and before I could get outside to move it he was gone and a ding left as a soveigner. I am the a-hole that now takes up 2 spots but I at least do it in the back of the parking lot. Thanks for the recommendation of repair people. I will see if mine can be popped back out. What really gets me is that people have no respect for their own vehicles. Its bad enough you are hitting someone elses car but they are damaging their own personal vehicle.
sneakyquickSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #33
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by calinkaos View Post
I went to best buy today to pick up a radar detector. I park in the back of the lot at least 15 spaces form the nearest car. As I come out there is an explorer parked next to me. WHY??? who knows there are at least 30 other spots closer to the door than the one next to me. well at the same time i am getting in my car the woman driving is getting into hers. Can you guess what happens?

Her Door swings open and BAM right into my passenger door. I was in shock at what just happen. THEN she goes to drive off like nothing happen. I jump out and stop her and tell her its not some POS daily driver, and that no matter the damage she will pay for it. What gets me is that she seemed upset. She was upset!!! Out of all the parking places in that lot, and out of all the cars you could of hit, and you are upset because i want it fixed. HA! I got her info, got an quote from a buddy at Jeff's body shop for 100$ to fix the visual eye sore. I call her up to ask her if she wants to deal with it thru insurance or if she want to just pay cash. THEN she gets suspicious about my intentions like i am riping her off. I told her I could easily go thru the insurance, get the whole door panel replaced and send her that bill. She backs down and tells me to bring the reciet tomorrow once the work is done.

I say this to express this message.... Just because the parking spot seems like its far enough away, its not! I think i am gonna invest in some road cones and start taking up two parking spots now. GRRR this is not how I wanted to start my spring.
People are like sheep... They see something and they follow it. It's really amazing how people will park next to you even though you are 15 - 20 spaces away from anyone else.
Without fail, this will happen just about every time we go to the store. My wifes X5 is beat all to hell...

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
johndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #34
brtaus

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
No no no no no! Don't take up two spots! You will get twice the crap for doing that! Put it in between the lines. And park next to Islands whenever you can. That instantly protects an entire side of your car. Also When you do park by an island, put that car RIGHT ON IT!! I mean have maybe an inch between the tire and the island. That way there is probably two to sometimes three feet on the other side of your car before you even see your other line...
I try and do this all the time. But, inevitably, there will be the one A-hole driver, who will park over the line and close to your car b/c he thinks the spot is that wide b/c you parked as close as you could to the island. Now those people really piss me off.

On a side note, my wife is the worst parker in the world; either too close to one side or the other or pulls up way to far over the line. Then, she gets all bent when I try to correct her.
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #35
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
You should have gone through her insurance... she deserves the rate hike.
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #36
iluvmy67camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
It is amazing how people migrate toward these cars.. I have gone golfing several times and parked WAAAAAY away from anyone and when I come back to the car, there are cars all around the Camaro with a Million other parking spots closer to the door..
There is no such thing as a SAFE place to park when it involves golfing. Examples:

We were parked in the hotel parking lot at Disney World, next to the one of the Tee Off areas (I don't golf so pardon my lack of knowledge) when a golf ball comes zooming through the sky and pounds a two inch dent into my van, less than one foot from where my son, 12 at the time, was standing. My son and I talked to the guy responsible and he was down right rude, refused to pay for damage, when he saw my husband (who was pretty buff back then) coming he jumped in his golf cart and hollered obsenities as he drove off. We never found out who he was.

1983, My husband is TDY at the Marine or Navy station down in San Diego going through the Marine Recon Course, he is Army, Airborne/Ranger. He was jogging along the fenceline of the golfcourse on base when, you guessed it, a random ball comes flying along and breaks his clavical (collar bone). He goes to the hospital for it, but there is not much they can do and back then he is young and tough so he continues through the recon course and gets Honor Grad with the broken color bone. He has broken it twice in the same spot while on active duty and it is pretty gruesome looking but it never slowed him down until these past few years.

So if you are going to drive your Camaro to the golf course, be prepared for more than a door ding.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #37
calinkaos
Army EOD Vet

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS blk/blk/blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirelaugh View Post
You should have gone through her insurance... she deserves the rate hike.
I actually did the whole thing in cash. but she was kind about it and gave me an extra 50$. Said to take my girl out to a nice dinner on my last day of leave. She thanked me for my service and wished me the best of luck. and apoligized several times for the troubles. all said and done I am just glad my car looks right.

On a side note.... I saw a car yesterday while I was at the mall get hit and the driver took off. I got the license plate and the car description and wrote it on a paper and left it for the driver along with my cell phone number. didnt get a call about it but i hope that brought some justice to he situation for that guy.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #38
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
This kind of thing happens to me all the time, too. Makes me wish I had a roll of bubble wrap, or those air pockets you put in boxes, to put around it when I get out in a parking lot.