Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
2008 Ford F150 SVT cobra? lol

So im sitting in the parking lot about to walk into class when this newer model looking ford f150 pulls up..(single cab) but waite, whats that on the front of the grill right above where the front bumper SHOULD be haha... A cobra emblem. really? then when he parks i see on the tailgate instead of where it should say FORD it says SVT...
So either im missing something here or does ford really make that?? i tried to get a pic but i didnt want to take a pic of it right in front of the guy lol so any thougts ill, try to get a pic monday.

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
hahhahahahahha i dont think that actually exists, a cobra is a cobra
Old 03-06-2011, 02:24 AM   #3
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro

Did you see something like that?
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:26 AM   #4
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I've heard of and seen an SVT Lightning, but never an F150 cobra.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:46 AM   #5
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
F150 Super Snake

a_Username has it right........it's a 2005-2008 Shelby F150 Super Snake. Not very many made but it's a 5.4L good for 475 HP. It's a bad ass truck, to say the least.

The only thing I'm not sure about is you said it was a single cab....not to sure if Shelby made them in Single cab and I don't think they had the SVT logo on the back. Sounds like someone was trying to remake a F150 Super Snake.

I hate to say it, but where is a Mustang guy when you need one?

Last edited by NoSyT; 03-06-2011 at 05:58 AM.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:53 AM   #6
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
That one awesome looking truck.
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:47 AM   #7
maxpower5

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
So im sitting in the parking lot about to walk into class when this newer model looking ford f150 pulls up..(single cab) but waite, whats that on the front of the grill right above where the front bumper SHOULD be haha... A cobra emblem. really? then when he parks i see on the tailgate instead of where it should say FORD it says SVT...
So either im missing something here or does ford really make that?? i tried to get a pic but i didnt want to take a pic of it right in front of the guy lol so any thougts ill, try to get a pic monday.
i wouldnt be putting my hand to my head - i would be in awe. that's one badass truck - whipple s/c, 475 hp - its the badest stock pick-up out there to date for racing and performance - the svt raptor is right there with it, but different venue. this truck came out late 09/early 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
a_Username has it right........it's a 2005-2008 Shelby F150 Super Snake. Not very many made but it's a 5.4L good for 475 HP. It's a bad ass truck, to say the least.

The only thing I'm not sure about is you said it was a single cab....not to sure if Shelby made them in Single cab and I don't think they had the SVT logo on the back. Sounds like someone was trying to remake a F150 Super Snake.

I hate to say it, but where is a Mustang guy when you need one?
The Ford F150 Super Snake post title package includes:
  • Whipple supercharger kit
  • Borla exhaust system
  • DJM suspension
  • 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
  • Shelby-designed 22-inch wheels and tires with Pirelli P Scorpion tires
  • Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors
  • Custom front fascia, grill, carbon fiber splitter, fender vents and brake cooling ducts
  • Custom front fascia, mesh grill and grill surround
  • Custom side fender vents and rockers
  • Unique fiberglass hood featuring a hood scoop and classic Shelby design
  • Bed lid and rug with embroidered logos
  • Shelby signature Super Snake stripes
  • “Shelby” lettering across the rear tailgate
  • “Super Snake” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
  • Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and leather interior
all i can say is wow!
maxpower5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #8
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Well there you have it... and WOW, that is a SWEET truck! I will contest the statement "its the badest stock pick-up out there to date for racing and performance" on it being "stock" but whatever... Would you call a GT500 SuperSnake "stock" I think not!

I am not a huge fan of hopped up trucks... truck are for pulling shit and whatnot. If I want to go fast, I get a car. I just whenever someone in a hopped up truck tries me when I'm in the Camaro... Come on Jethro... seriously!?
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #9
maxpower5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Well there you have it... and WOW, that is a SWEET truck! I will contest the statement "its the badest stock pick-up out there to date for racing and performance" on it being "stock" but whatever... Would you call a GT500 SuperSnake "stock" I think not!

I am not a huge fan of hopped up trucks... truck are for pulling shit and whatnot. If I want to go fast, I get a car. I just whenever someone in a hopped up truck tries me when I'm in the Camaro... Come on Jethro... seriously!?
it IS the badest stock pickup out there for racing and performance. and i would call a GT500 Super Snake a stock car - comes from the factory that way and has a factory bumper to bumper warranty. i dont understand what you mean when you say they arent stock. i would never pay the money for a supersnake - would rather pay less for the performance by doing it myself to a standard gt500.

if a F 150 SVT Super Snake pulled up on you (lets say on a closed road), you would be hard pressed to win - would prob lose in a stock camaro. i do not know the 60', 0-60, or 1/4 mile times on these yet, but you can bet they aint no slouch!!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #10
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Ah....there's a Mustang guy.

Thanks for the info maxpower5......Does Shelby still put these out or did they stop back in '08?

Definitely a bad ass truck.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #11
maxpower5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
Ah....there's a Mustang guy.

Thanks for the info maxpower5......Does Shelby still put these out or did they stop back in '08?

Definitely a bad ass truck.
here i am..

not 100% sure. i think they are a very limited production truck and/or a special order item.

ive only seen it on tv briefly - i wish i could remember - it was on the speed channel several months back (i believe a special on carol shelby)- and only about 5 min was on the F 150 Super Snake.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #12
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post

Did you see something like that?
I've seen one like this. Grey w/ black stripes.

But havn't seen a SVT Cobra F150. Lol
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
1badtie

ya thats a good lookin truck but the one i saw didnt have a bed cover, the 22inch wheels, shelby across the back or any kind of racing stripes..... not to mention the missed bumper made it look like one POS haha

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
Old 03-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #14
1badtie

it did have some sick angle eye headlights tho thats the only thing i liked abt it

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-