Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Car needed for LSXTV

So I need a new clutch and can not fulfill a product test commitment for LSXTV and need to find a suitable replacement ASAP! They are looking for a high HP 5th Gen either NA or with a power adder to install a voltage booster for a fuel system and ignition system. They will need the car for 1 day (8am-5PM) to install the parts and dyno test the results.

You will need to be able to bring the car to Murrieta, CA and either way for it to be completed or come back and get it. You would be responsible for $250 to have he parts installed, but after the testing they are yours to keep, along with the coverage of your car on LSXTV.

As many of you know I've done a lot of this stuff since the 5th Gen rolled out in '09 and it's a great way to network into other opportunities. Over the last 6 years I've been provided with close to $20k in parts for being open to this process.

If you are interested reply here (please quote me or I likely will not be notified for some stupid reason) and send a picture of your car and a mod list to Don Creason. His email address is dcreason@powerautomedia.com.

If you have any question or concerns, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2015, 10:22 PM   #2
MikeySmash

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
So I need a new clutch and can not fulfill a product test commitment for LSXTV and need to find a suitable replacement ASAP! They are looking for a high HP 5th Gen either NA or with a power adder to install a voltage booster for a fuel system and ignition system. They will need the car for 1 day (8am-5PM) to install the parts and dyno test the results.

You will need to be able to bring the car to Murrieta, CA and either way for it to be completed or come back and get it. You would be responsible for $250 to have he parts installed, but after the testing they are yours to keep, along with the coverage of your car on LSXTV.

As many of you know I've done a lot of this stuff since the 5th Gen rolled out in '09 and it's a great way to network into other opportunities. Over the last 6 years I've been provided with close to $20k in parts for being open to this process.

If you are interested reply here (please quote me or I likely will not be notified for some stupid reason) and send a picture of your car and a mod list to Don Creason. His email address is dcreason@powerautomedia.com.

If you have any question or concerns, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

Good luck!

Just sent Don a email. I think my car would be perfect. My fuel system is at its limit and a voltage booster should make a big difference.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:39 PM   #3
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
May be interested..
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:59 PM   #4
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeySmash View Post
Just sent Don a email. I think my car would be perfect. My fuel system is at its limit and a voltage booster should make a big difference.

Good luck. If you are selected let me know how it goes.

Old 09-09-2015, 05:11 PM   #5
scv_guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post

Good luck!

I'm interested, i sent my contact information and also information about my car to the email address you posted.
Attached Images

scv_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #6
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scv_guy View Post
I'm interested, i sent my contact information and also information about my car to the email address you posted.

Car looks good. Good luck.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
So you have to pay for somebody to use your car as a test mule? LOL. You think if they wanted their product tested they could at least pay for the install. Oh and coverage in case they blow your car up on the dyno??
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:20 PM   #8
MikeySmash

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
All your paying for is labor and dyno time. They won't tune the car and just verify that the voltage is there. Worst thing is that you may run rich.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #9
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
So you have to pay for somebody to use your car as a test mule? LOL. You think if they wanted their product tested they could at least pay for the install. Oh and coverage in case they blow your car up on the dyno??
But you get to be on LSXTV.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:40 AM   #10
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post

This isn't a product test for a manufacturer, it's a product showcase for a television show. There is no "test mule" needed, which is why the participant would be responsible for labor. It is a pretty cheap cost for the parts, labor to install them as well as being able to say "that's my car".

If it isn't something you can see yourself doing, great. Others would like the chance to do it and that's why the opportunity was presented. There is a lot more that goes into something like this then just paying for labor if you know how to network.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:41 AM   #11
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeySmash View Post
All your paying for is labor and dyno time. They won't tune the car and just verify that the voltage is there. Worst thing is that you may run rich.

Not even paying for dyno time, just time required to install parts.