Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #43
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post

Damn that made me feel real old ...
The back in the day part did since those forums haven't been around that long, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Meh, they have sections dedicated to 5th gen.
Their sections for the 5th gen are about as significant as C5's are for other gens. Those forums aren't marketed to 5th gen owners thus aren't competition like a couple of other forums I won't name which are 90% 5th gen like this one.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #44
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
My Dad was big into racing when I was growing up. He had an auto repair / performance shop in the 80s, although he still does it's not as big as it used to be. Anything anyone wanted to go faster, they brough it to him. He was always building kick @$$ small blocks for his race cars. He had a 68 Firebird that would run 11.70s, had a pro-street 67 Camaro that ran in the high 9s-low 10s, and his last hurrah in his racing career was a rail that he would run in the 7.90 Super Eliminator class. We were always traveling around to different tracks.

I've learned everything I know from him, and I've even taught him some things about fuel injection along the way. He started migrating away from cars in the mid-late 90's and starting building/tuning motorcycles, quads and go karts. We've got a DynoJet 168 at the shop, and there is always something on it.

My first car was a 71 Chevelle, we built the engine together my freshman/Junior year. Since then I've owned a 67, 68, and currently have a 72 Chevelle. Last time I've counted I have owned close to 50 cars since I was 12. I would buy cheap with some kind of problem, fix them up, turn them, and eventually trade up to a better car that I wanted.
Sounds real close to my experience, ha. Pretty cool.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #45
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
The back in the day part did since those forums haven't been around that long, haha.
They are about 15 years old.

Quote:
Their sections for the 5th gen are about as significant as ours are for other gens. Those forums aren't marketed to 5th gen owners thus aren't competition like a couple of other forums I won't name.
Can you send me the names of them in a PM? I'd like to check them out.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #46
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
They are about 15 years old.

Can you send me the names of them in a PM? I'd like to check them out.
Wow, they were around way before the internet was really mainstream then.

Trying to get me banned again? I just got back! I see through your tricks!!

Old 08-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #47
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Wow, they were around way before the internet was really mainstream then.

Trying to get me banned again? I just got back! I see through your tricks!!
Again? Not sure when I tried to ever get you banned at all? Contrary to the popular belief, I'm not here to start a bunch of e-fighting.

Just curious to see the other 5th gen sites. I haven't really found any. Not that I have looked that hard, but I just want to know what else is out there.

Sorry, I'll "shut up" now and stop "whining".
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #48
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Again? Not sure when I tried to ever get you banned at all? Contrary to the popular belief, I'm not here to start a bunch of e-fighting.

Just curious to see the other 5th gen sites. I haven't really found any. Not that I have looked that hard, but I just want to know what else is out there.

Sorry, I'll "shut up" now and stop "whining".
Dude. I was joking. I was banned like 11 days ago and just got back; it had nothing to do with you. Even mentioning those forums in PM could get you banned here, thus why I said "dude you're trying to get me banned again." Simmer!

Old 08-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #49
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Growing up with out my father all my uncles were their for me. All of them were car buffs. 2 of them were total gear heads. One of my uncles taught me the repair process of things. While the other 2 taught me the ins and outs of old cars, modding, painting and car care.

All let me help them and at 12 my late uncle doug taught me how to rebuild a chevy 350 engine and turbo 350 trans from scratch. He was such a gear head he built a mocked up ghetto paint booth in the alley and painted a 67 chevelle in it. Not one flaw in it at all.

They taught me so much I was able to get a job at a local dealership out of high school and was able to pass my ASE certs with no schooling.

Last edited by robsls3; 08-13-2012 at 12:22 PM.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #50
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
My brother owned a few 57 Bel-airs back in the day (67-68) when I was a mere sprat. I used to hang around with him in the garage and hand him wrenches - he showed me how a clutch works after I almost leap-started it over him and his buddy when he asked me to "turn the key on, then off", and I turned that key a bit too far.
In high school I hung around with the boys with cool cars and so the fascination grew. The other girls hated me because boys liked to hang around with me because I liked cars.
As I got older I always preferred Chevy but have had my share of Fords and Mercury products, even a couple of Subaru and Mazda products.
I finally have a great car I can modify, I have to ask hubby for help on some things but by and large I'm doing my own mods. Dennis is real handy with wiring, a wrench and a welder though, so if I can't do it, he's pretty sweet about doing the things I can't.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #51
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Dude. I was joking. I was banned like 11 days ago and just got back; it had nothing to do with you. Even mentioning those forums in PM could get you banned here, thus why I said "dude you're trying to get me banned again." Simmer!
wondered why I hadn't see you around, girl!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #52
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
So I got my 2010 LT/RS in June, my dad surprised me with it for my graduation present! I am so excited to start modding, but I don't know a whole lot about cars, though I am typically pretty good at this type of stuff (I am great with computers and electronics, and I am pretty good with my hands). I was wondering, how did y'all learn how to mod, and how did you learn about cars? I don't know where I should start, but I want to start modding as soon as possible! Thanks guys! Any tips are appreciated!
Prior to getting my Camaro, I had a Chevy Colorado pick up and my knowledge on automobiles was pretty limited. I traded in my truck and bought my Camaro (was in College during that time), everything I've learned was on the forums reading DIY's, researching stuff online and just simply teaching myself how to do these things. On the weekends my buddy and I would install whatever mod I had that week. All of my mods are in my sig and I've installed all of them myself, except for the springs and super charger.

My suggestion to you is be very active on the forums, read & research a lot on the internet and then just go and try it yourself.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #53
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
My car fever started when i was about 9 years old. I read every Hot Rod, Road and Track and Motor Trend magazine since I was old enough to read. I also built numerous car models and took (an repeated) advanced auto shop in high school. As I got older, I repaired and maintained all of my vehicles. I also restored a couple of cars and owned enthusiast cars such as Porsche 911's.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #54
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
Everything I have learned is from
+1 and the older gents at work explained the more complicated stuff to me.
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #55
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
I've always loved cars and having my own car helped me learn about them even more. ESPECIALLY the forums
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #56
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
When i grew up, my family was dirt poor.f i lived half my life in a trailer, and moved into a small house in the sticks. we drove pretty much anything that was cheap. alot of the vehicles or parts came from the junkyard. if our car broke down, we didnt take it to a mechanic. we had to fix it ourselves, there was no money to take it anywhere else. for extra cash, my dad worked on junkers for a local car lot at our house. around 10 years old my dad "let" me hold the light for him, and gather needed tools. when i was 13, i worked on the cars solo after school while he was at work.

my dad taught me alot about cars, and i doublt id be were i am today without him, or those experiences.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, cars, diy, modding, modifications, shut up wheelman, wheelman whines again