Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
ACS T4 spliter feedback?

Anyone with the ACS T4 splitter on SS have any feedback?

Main thing I'm concerned about is how much lower do you think it is than the stock bumper. My car is lowered 1.5" so ground clearance can be an issue. I know how to stop before the curb but sometimes my wife doesn't.

Also looking to see how you handled painting. I just need a flat or semi-gloss color. I'm wondering if I can get by with some good rattle can paint or if it even needs to be painted at all.

Any pics with it on your car would be great as well. I'm looking to possibly add one along with some painted ZL1 rockers.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
No photos yet but from what I've seen it doesn't lower your ride height so you should be good.

I'm having mine painted/installed in mid January along with a set of painted ZL rockers
Old 12-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
VACamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat A6
Offhand I would say it does take away a very slight amount of clearance ... I had mine painted though I would say the stock black color would look ok on many cars. Of course, I did manage to whack mine on a curb once pretty hard and it has a boo boo ... I think I'll be getting it fixed within the month. boo boo pic and before boo boo pics
Attached Images

VACamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Follow this link for 1 picture (unpainted)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329967
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
frontrunner

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2017 Sierra Denali
The splitter doesn't lower your ride height. It mounts flat and tight to the bottom and protrudes out from the nose. My car is lowered on Pedders coil overs about 1.25" and I haven't had any issues. However, I never pull up tight to a curb.
I painted mine with Krylon Satin Black spray paint. It turned out great and it's held up well to bugs and stones.
Sorry I don't have any great photos of just the splitter. Here's a couple I took with my phone before I parked it for the winter.
Attached Images

frontrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
frontrunner

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2017 Sierra Denali
Front shot.
Attached Images

frontrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #7
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamaro View Post
Offhand I would say it does take away a very slight amount of clearance ... I had mine painted though I would say the stock black color would look ok on many cars. Of course, I did manage to whack mine on a curb once pretty hard and it has a boo boo ... I think I'll be getting it fixed within the month. boo boo pic and before boo boo pics
Yeah....I'm afraid mine will look like that sometime as well. I'm surprised your boo boo isn't exposing black. I would've thought it was black all the way through. Maybe that's primer and you didn't get down into the actual spoiler.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 12-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
caverman

I'm pretty sure this is the spoiler I want. If/when I get one put on I'll try to take pics of height measurements before and after.

Painting it with Krylon sounds like what I would do as well. That should make for easy touch up as well if I ever need to.
Build Journal
Old 12-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
I really like mine ...i have no problems with clearance but lowing your vehicle im sure will cause a problem...
Old 12-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
VACamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Yeah....I'm afraid mine will look like that sometime as well. I'm surprised your boo boo isn't exposing black. I would've thought it was black all the way through. Maybe that's primer and you didn't get down into the actual spoiler.
I'm also surprised it wasn't black ... I whacked it pretty hard because I thought I had plenty of room ... I really cringed when I did it ... thought I was going to get out and find it pulled off the fasteners and under the car ... that said, the boo boo was a relief
VACamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #11
Gixxer 1000
Gixxer 1000

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS M6
I have that splitter bought it unpainted from the ACS guys at Camaro 5 fest you have to be careful when pulling up to a curb im lowerd on Pfadt springs but I really like the style of it, Im waiting till after Christmas to get the ZL1 rockers and get it all painted.
Attached Images

Gixxer 1000 is offline   Reply With Quote