Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
New Recall !

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...3-recalls.html

VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
this isn't limited to GM..today we are all the QC department of what ever we buy..
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
I heard on the radio that it was 2014 Camaros but I can't find that on the recall. Either way I'm good because I'm 2010 Camaro.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
The recall on the 2011-12 camaro involves a bolt that falls off on the power seat that controls height.This already happened on my car about a year ago and I was able to reattach bolt myself.Ill just fix it again if it happens-don't wanna bring car in and lose my switchblade key cause of other recall
Old 07-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
Ringo701

Drives: Ashen Gray 2012 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyo View Post
The recall on the 2011-12 camaro involves a bolt that falls off on the power seat that controls height.This already happened on my car about a year ago and I was able to reattach bolt myself.Ill just fix it again if it happens-don't wanna bring car in and lose my switchblade key cause of other recall
Hey kennyo, Would you by chance have a picture or a good description of the bolt and location? Like to check it myself but don't know what/where to look.

Thanks
Ringo701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #6
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo701 View Post
Hey kennyo, Would you by chance have a picture or a good description of the bolt and location? Like to check it myself but don't know what/where to look.

Thanks
My memory is vague on exactly what I did-but if you move seat all the way up and stick your head down there behind the seat ,while going up and down with the power lever,you'll see a bolt(?)spinning as you go up or down.I believe that's the culprit.I forget what I did to put it back in place,but it's self-explanatory once the bolt is out.I took the seat out when I did it,but I do recollect thinking it coulda been done with seat still in.