Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 08-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #15
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I didn't want it in Indy, and I'm right beside it. But the big thing is that we have a great head start towards the next fest. Which we probably couldn't have done if we didn't repeat Indy. No more rush rush, where is the next fest going to be for the next two months. We already have things locked down. And the next fest is only 9 months away
Yeah trust me we all know you didn't want it in Indy. Trust me I understand part of the reason why you guys did it.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
This, without a doubt, is the reason fest numbers were down this year. This is what we've been wanting to hear from the mods the whole time. Not the "the sign up is different this year, we're really gonna have a bigger crowd!" stuff. Flat out people didn't want to go to Indy again. Except for well, the people near Indy.

I think putting it in Texas was the best move out of the entire history of Fest. I think that C5 Fest 5 will be truly one for the books.

Thank you mods for putting a Fest in Texas.
We really didn't have time and resources to scope another location. We all had a ton of personal stuff that forced us to repeat in addition to the need to make some improvements to the fest in general. And when you move from the north east to the south you have to give your self a head start since summer in the south is out of the question.

Quote:
Yeah trust me we all know you didn't want it in Indy. Trust me I understand part of the reason why you guys did it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #17
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Quote:
This, without a doubt, is the reason fest numbers were down this year. This is what we've been wanting to hear from the mods the whole time. Not the "the sign up is different this year, we're really gonna have a bigger crowd!" stuff. Flat out people didn't want to go to Indy again. Except for well, the people near Indy.

I think putting it in Texas was the best move out of the entire history of Fest. I think that C5 Fest 5 will be truly one for the books.

Thank you mods for putting a Fest in Texas.
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #18
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I figured the reason for the Indy repeat was simply because there wasn't enough time to get everything together for Texas. I'm pretty happy with the new location though.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
We really didn't have time and resources to scope another location. We all had a ton of personal stuff that forced us to repeat in addition to the need to make some improvements to the fest in general. And when you move from the north east to the south you have to give your self a head start since summer in the south is out of the question.

Trust me. I've been in Florida all my life. You should know that summer is horrible here. I understand why it's in early May. Good thinking there.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #20
jlugo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1LE 'Summit White'
Next year it's gonna be 'Epic'... Everything's bigger in Texas!

jlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #21
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
You're going to piss off people, different people from various regions, every time you move it. Can't avoid that unfortunately. Moving it around gives everyone a fair chance.

How about we start doing this twice a year to increase our chances
The thing is you can't keep pissing off the same people year after year. The folks in the intermountain west, the west coast and the northwest have been left on the fringe for years now. Yes, moving to TX is further west but it's also further south. Even folks in San Diego still have a 20 hour drive and that gets worse as you move up the coast. San Francisco: 28 hrs, Portland, OR: 33 hrs. I mean really and I hear some complain about having to drive 3-4 hours

I think you're going to find more and more local events popping up because folks are just tired of being left out.

Last edited by Retro69; 08-06-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #22
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Indy is just too far away for me to bring Pumpkin and August is a bad time of the year for me. Not that Texas is any closer then Indy and I probably won't have Pumpkin with me. But I'm planning on flying in for the parking lot party. Not missing the Texas Boy's shooter bar.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #23
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
The thing is you can't keep pissing of the same people year after year. The folks in the intermountain west, the west coast and the northwest have been left on the fringe for years now. Yes, moving to TX is further west but it's also further south. Even folks in San Diego still have a 20 hour drive and that gets worse as you move up the coast. San Francisco: 28 hrs, Portland, OR: 33 hrs. I mean really and I hear some complain about having to drive 3-4 hours

I think you're going to find more and more local events popping up because folks are just tired of being left out.
I agree with you, but we can only hope C5F 6 will be Phoenix, Vegas or California.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #24
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
You're going to piss off people, different people from various regions, every time you move it. Can't avoid that unfortunately. Moving it around gives everyone a fair chance.

How about we start doing this twice a year to increase our chances
I agree on no one will be happy. But I think keeping it at once a year is perfect. You don't want to oversaturate. Moving it around to different Race track venues to me is a great idea that way people like myself who will probably never see the track at Daytona or Indianapolis Race way in my life have a reason to go see it and experience it. Change is important to keep things fresh.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #25
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
The thing is you can't keep pissing off the same people year after year. The folks in the intermountain west, the west coast and the northwest have been left on the fringe for years now. Yes, moving to TX is further west but it's also further south. Even folks in San Diego still have a 20 hour drive and that gets worse as you move up the coast. San Francisco: 28 hrs, Portland, OR: 33 hrs. I mean really and I hear some complain about having to drive 3-4 hours

Well the problem is they have to find venues large enough to hold the event. And I can't really think of any in the Pacific Northwest that would be suitable.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #26
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
I've been left in the dark. Texas you say next year! I'm in! Time for more upgrades before May.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #27
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Well the problem is they have to find venues large enough to hold the event. And I can't really think of any in the Pacific Northwest that would be suitable.
hrm... http://portlandraceway.com

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #28
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I don't know if it's posted somewhere but it would be interesting to see the attendance numbers of all 4 CamaroFest's
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote