Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-27-2016, 11:48 PM   #1
SS hp

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thumbs up Who has a Kenne Bell???

I'm leaning towards a Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8LC for my 2010 SS L99 and would truly appreciate hearing some feedback from others with the same or from anyone that has true knowledge on this topic.

Mods I have but not on yet....
  1. Detroit Speed Kit 2 suspension system
  2. Borla Cat-Back ATAK Exhaust system
  3. DeWitt Aluminum Radiator

Thanks Much

Last edited by SS hp; 05-28-2016 at 09:13 AM.
SS hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Post this question in the Forced Induction V8 section for better result - can also do a search there too.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74

cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:28 AM   #3
SS hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Post this question in the Forced Induction V8 section for better result - can also do a search there too.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Thanks for the guidance cal45
Old 05-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #4
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
I would think w/the size of the LS3 (6.2L) that a 3.6 would be more suitable?

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
SS hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
I would think w/the size of the LS3 (6.2L) that a 3.6 would be more suitable?
I believe I would have hood clearance issues with the 3.6, plus I'm not looking to spend all that extra $$$ on all of the other needs that come with a 3.6

But Thanks for Your Input Bro.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #6
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS hp View Post
I'm leaning towards a Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8LC for my 2010 SS L99 and would truly appreciate hearing some feedback from others with the same or from anyone that has true knowledge on this topic.

Mods I have but not on yet....
  1. Detroit Speed Kit 2 suspension system
  2. Borla Cat-Back ATAK Exhaust system
  3. DeWitt Aluminum Radiator

Thanks Much
I would Highly recommend you consider the Magnusson Heartbeat or a LSA Conversion.
2010 2SSRS A6, Custom Pat G. Cam, WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valvetrain, Fluidampr 25% UDP, All Engine ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator/Trans cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, ADM Race Intake/Scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors/pads
Prothane bushings, ZL1 wheels, spoiler, Z/28 wickerbill, 1LE Aero/Suspension Package, Anderson Composites COPO Carbon Fiber Hood, LED lighting, Elite Catch Can, Improved Racing oil pan baffle, crank scraper, windage tray
480 RWHP 452 RWTQ + Nitrous Express 150 Shot
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:32 PM   #7
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Agreed ^^^^

Both superior blowers IMO
Old 05-28-2016, 09:12 PM   #8
cc-rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Agreed ^^^^

Both superior blowers IMO
Do you really think that Nick? Did the guys at Kenne Bell steal a lollipop from you as a child or something?? I'm really curious as to why you continue to marginalize and shit on Kenne Bell blowers??? Seriously...what is it???
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:29 PM   #9
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Just because I believe the Heartbeat or LSA are better setups, doesn't mean I'm saying anything bad about KB. Don't take it so personal.

Just like I think an ECS kit is a better blower setup than HB or LSA. Doesn't mean I'm saying anything bad about the HB or LSA kits.

Or ARH headers are better than Kooks
Or Mantic clutchs are better than McLeods.

Any commercially available camaro 5 blower setup is decent. Some are better than others. I would not put the KB at the top of the list of PD blowers.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:24 PM   #10
cc-rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Just because I believe the Heartbeat or LSA are better setups, doesn't mean I'm saying anything bad about KB. Don't take it so personal.

Just like I think an ECS kit is a better blower setup than HB or LSA. Doesn't mean I'm saying anything bad about the HB or LSA kits.

Or ARH headers are better than Kooks
Or Mantic clutchs are better than McLeods.

Any commercially available camaro 5 blower setup is decent. Some are better than others. I would not put the KB at the top of the list of PD blowers.
And again...I ask you...what makes the TVS2300's "superior"? More power? Can't be that. The twin screws (Kenne Bell or Whipple) will make more power on any given equivalent set up. It's been shown many times. In both stock and fully modified form.

2300's are cheaper. But I'm not sure that being cheaper should be a category that supports the term "superior". Aside from them being cheaper, I struggle to see how anyone could make the claim of superiority.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #11
SS hp

Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8LC vs. Magnuson Heartbeat TSV2300

It's between either the Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8LC or the Magnuson Heartbeat TSV2300 Both seem quality kits. One more thing I would like to throw in the mix though is the Cam. I miss the sound of the lope my off road Cam gave me in my Corvette and would like to have that same lope in this Camaro. I'll need the L99 to LSe conversion kit but what cam would you suggest to give me a nice lope sound?

Last edited by SS hp; 05-29-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #12
cc-rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS hp View Post
It's between either the Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8LC or the Magnuson Heartbeat TSV2300 Both seem quality kits. One more thing I would like to throw in the mix though is the Cam. I miss the lobe the off road Cam gave in in my Corvette and would like to have that in this Camaro. I'll need the L99 to LSe conversion kit but what cam would you suggest to give me a nice lope?

Kenne Bell for the win. You're going to make at least 25 more hp with it...and it's got a ton of room to grow if you want. Plus you've got something different.

One more thing about the Kenne Bell that no other Camaro blower option has is that wonderful supercharger whine. It's a small and superficial thing...but I personally love the sound of a supercharger screaming.

And to be fair...the Magnusson is a great blower as well. We have many great options to choose from and the Maggie has proven it's worth a thousand times over.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #13
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
Kenne Bell for the win. You're going to make at least 25 more hp with it...and it's got a ton of room to grow if you want. Plus you've got something different.

One more thing about the Kenne Bell that no other Camaro blower option has is that wonderful supercharger whine. It's a small and superficial thing...but I personally love the sound of a supercharger screaming.
You sound like a used car salesman making up stats like that lmao
Not sure why you're so hung up on Kenne Bell. Are you the type that states that whatever you have is the best and superior just because it's what you picked?
Does your family own Kenne Bell or something?

OP, like stated earlier you have better choices than the engine heater that is Kenne Bell.
A Heartbeat Maggie or TVS 2300 or even an LSA will be a better choice as they're all superior blowers.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #14
UNRIVALED SS

Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
Well, I have a 2300 and American racing headers and full 3" exhaust. So I guess I'm biased but I reviewed all the same options as everyone else. They all have a upside and downside. The only Keeny Bell stuff I see is on 5 liter mustangs. Haven't seen anything impressive with them but that not an honest comparison. Certainly haven't seen this special efficiency that makes all this additional power per pound of boost. Someone come up on the net with some real data and I'll entertain the idea they are something to consider. Probably no better , no worse .
UNRIVALED SS is offline   Reply With Quote