Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #15
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
Nice car but I had to turn that "music" off, wtf.
+1 on that.
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #16
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
wonder how reliable it would be on the street as a DD. the whole ice bag kinda makes me wonder.

as far as being "as bullet proof as they come" is way way way too new of an engine to make that comment, with very few people going to modify it. id say the 03/04 termi engines are as bullet proof as engines have been made so far, including their ability to handle 2-3x the power they came with stock.
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #17
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
wonder how reliable it would be on the street as a DD. the whole ice bag kinda makes me wonder.

as far as being "as bullet proof as they come" is way way way too new of an engine to make that comment, with very few people going to modify it. id say the 03/04 termi engines are as bullet proof as engines have been made so far, including their ability to handle 2-3x the power they came with stock.
err...its a built up ls3 with titanium pistons...open a physics book and look at compression and shearing coefficients for these metals it is pretty damn high. What do you know, a Ford person claiming they are bulletproof - rofl.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:27 PM   #18
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
Nice ! I wonder how much more HP they got with the ice on top of IC ?
The Ice doesnt so much make power as it prevents the motor from losing power through heatsink. Multiple dyno runs will heat up the blower thus losing power. This helps with tuning since you would do multiple pulls to get the best results.
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #19
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
err...its a built up ls3 with titanium pistons...open a physics book and look at compression and shearing coefficients for these metals it is pretty damn high. What do you know, a Ford person claiming they are bulletproof - rofl.

yes because pistons are the only thing to worry about in high horsepower.

cylinder wall thickness and strength, rod bolt strengths, etc etc come in to play.

all im saying is calling it bulletproof when it hasnt even been proven to run at 700hp for a year is a looooooooooooooong shot.

in a year when that car is still running on that same motor, with 8k miles on it, make sure you come back and send me a message.

anyone can take a motor and make a lot of power with it in the short term, hell the people that made my turbokit ran 23psi on a stock 4.0 v6 several times and never blew the motor.

i have a friend with an 03 cobra that has 660rwhp for 4 years now and 30k miles daily driven.
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:49 AM   #20
gunslinger

Drives: 1998 Z28 M6
Must...Have....ZR1!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #21
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
yes because pistons are the only thing to worry about in high horsepower.

cylinder wall thickness and strength, rod bolt strengths, etc etc come in to play.

all im saying is calling it bulletproof when it hasnt even been proven to run at 700hp for a year is a looooooooooooooong shot.

in a year when that car is still running on that same motor, with 8k miles on it, make sure you come back and send me a message.

anyone can take a motor and make a lot of power with it in the short term, hell the people that made my turbokit ran 23psi on a stock 4.0 v6 several times and never blew the motor.

i have a friend with an 03 cobra that has 660rwhp for 4 years now and 30k miles daily driven.

I'm going to teach you a word : I R O N. Your block is iron. Next, titanium pistons yes, but also other forged internals obviously. The cylinder walls in the ls3 are pretty damn tough, up to 1000+hp. I don't care if your cobra can handle 1500, because it will jackknife when it comes to a curve.

And yes, you can determine reliabilty because we have seen what ls3's can do...and this sure as hell is a freak of a ls3 block.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:11 AM   #22
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
my god...thts a lot of freakin power!!! and i agree about tht music... if u can call it music...
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #23
FxsX24

Drives: S10 283 V8,Jimmy 4wd 4dr bk/bk
wow we all agree on the "music"

rap is the only way to make money in the music industry without actually making music
FxsX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #24
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FxsX24 View Post
wow we all agree on the "music"

rap is the only way to make money in the music industry without actually making music
+1 Friends listen to this crap all the time , no offence to anyone that does but, its really annoying actually. Not to mention they rag on my music all the time... Guess they dont know good old Rock&Roll when they hear it.

To the vid, awesome car! Made a real performer and made it even faster, scary yet..sexy at the same time..
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #25
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
I'm going to teach you a word : I R O N. Your block is iron. Next, titanium pistons yes, but also other forged internals obviously. The cylinder walls in the ls3 are pretty damn tough, up to 1000+hp. I don't care if your cobra can handle 1500, because it will jackknife when it comes to a curve.

And yes, you can determine reliabilty because we have seen what ls3's can do...and this sure as hell is a freak of a ls3 block.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote