Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-25-2015, 02:32 AM   #43
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
GM missed the boat by not offering a blue like that on the 5th gen.
Not sure if you were aware or not, but they actually did offer a color like this as part of the "Hot Wheels Edition" in 2013. It was available for trim levels LT and SS. I agree that they should have had this as a standard color and not a special edition like you stated though.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:24 AM   #44
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post

Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
Per the dealer add-on sticker they added $15,000 ($14,995) for their Berger Chevrolet Dealer Package.
Wonder what they did to tally $15,000 (mostly for the Blue Paint???), would like to see the itemized list of charges.
Ron

Originally Posted by NYCamOwner
It lists it right on the window sticker.
Matt Bergers Personal Vehicle
Blacked-out Front Grill Enclosure
Blacked-out Rear Panel
Black Painted Mirrors
Custom Painted by Berger Chevrolet
Only Laguna Blue Z28
Built "By Berger" underhood emblen and "Precribed Power" underhood graphic
Yes, I saw that. But I am wondering what the ITEMIZED LIST OF CHARGES is for those dealer add-ons as noted in my post (now bolded above).
The dealer add-ons stickers I've seen usually gives a tally for the items (and then I haggle to have some of those add-on charges removed/reduced or items taken off the car).
Guessing the vast majority of "dealer package price" is new paint.

The 2014 SS I bought had Dealer add-ons of over $1,000, Dealer gave itemized tally on the add-on window sticker ... I requested them to reduce it to $200 or they could start taking things off or I would look at another vehicle (it was a 20% off MSRP year end special from Chevy that the dealer put some extras on; items that were not mentioned on the dealer's website advertisement for that car - but were itemized with prices on the car dealer's window sticker when I arrived to look at it.).
Ron

Last edited by ron123; 08-25-2015 at 06:56 AM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #45
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Obviously there are some young'ns here that have absolutely NO idea how Berger Chevy was a heavy hitter in the dealer-supported heyday of muscle cars and COPO. Read up and get educated.

http://www.bergerchevy.com/berger-history.html
He is no Callaway or Lingenfelter, whom actually have proven heritages for modding cars and the reputations to back them up. Matt Berger is free to ask whatever he wants, but until someone pays otherwise, that used vehicle is worth less than 65k retail. No mod is worth retail after it has been installed and used (pennies on the dollar, maybe) and a new paint job has zero value during resale.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:07 AM   #46
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Does it say it blacked out the front bowtie? I thought they were hollow for a purpose

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:45 AM   #47
GMfan454

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6spd manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post
That's the best looking Z/28 I've seen.
Plus 1. That blue looks amazing.
GMfan454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:48 AM   #48
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
That is an amazing blue.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:47 PM   #49
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
He is no Callaway or Lingenfelter, whom actually have proven heritages for modding cars and the reputations to back them up. Matt Berger is free to ask whatever he wants, but until someone pays otherwise, that used vehicle is worth less than 65k retail. No mod is worth retail after it has been installed and used (pennies on the dollar, maybe) and a new paint job has zero value during resale.
Berger was "in the game" WAY before Callaway or Lingenfelter....
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #50
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
This thread seals the deal that at least for some, the original muscle car era is, indeed, truly dead.

Newsflash- Every dealer tries to make a profit.

To twist a quote Michael Crichton, by not understanding history, there's a growing number of leaves here that don't know they're still part of a tree.

Not defending the asking price, but people are quick to poo poo the history-makers of the hobby they enjoy. And quick to assume a Berger car was just thrown together by a bunch of hacks. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Lingenfelter, SLP, and everyone else that's currently in the aftermarket performance Camaro crowd owes their own existence to the original Chevy hi-po businesses like Berger, Baldwin(-Motion), Yenko, Nickey, Fred Gibb (ZL-1 fame), Dick Harrell, Dana, etc. These guys influenced GM back in the day and was key in getting GM to build performance platforms straight from the factory.

Here's a cool tidbit- Berger had around 50 COPO Camaros in 1969 (which included the yellow ZL-1 #3), and ranked only behind Yenko in '69 COPO Camaros.

Does that make this Z/28 worth 91K because it's sold by Berger (btw, it's still a new car, not a used one)? Probably not to most, but it saddens me to see people making incorrect assumptions about Berger and their legendary history concerning our beloved Camaro. My guess is that most of you have never seen a Berger Camaro up close and the quality paintwork they're capable of. Maybe they're not the same caliber of factory performance dealer as they were before, but they're the one of the O.G.s in Chevy-backed high performance vehicles.

Personally, if I really wanted a blue Z/28, $3K above MSRP isn't bad for a first-class color change. There's people on (or used to be on) this board that have paid a whole lot more than that above MSRP to own a 2010 Camaro.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #51
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
BEST LOOKING 5TH GEN Z/28 BAR NONE!!!

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:35 PM   #52
fradaj

Drives: RS
Berger is a famous Chevrolet dealer, they even built Yenko Camaro's under license back in 1969.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:56 PM   #53
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Doing the math, all it tells me is that Berger is just trying to get their paint job money back.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #54
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
I wish my '14SS was that color, gorgeous!
Old 08-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #55
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Agreed!
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:44 PM   #56
blackoutVIII

Drives: 2011 2SS w/RS PKG
What a mark up!!!
blackoutVIII is offline   Reply With Quote