Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
RavenSS
Monarch is here

Drives: 2011 Summit IOM 2SS RS M6
Help with Droid Bluetooth Won't Connect

I just got my new 2011 camaro and I absolutely love it except for 1 thing - I can't get my phone to work through bluetooth. I can save the phone to the system and it's listed under devices. But when I make a voice call it says no devices connected. So I check the radio for the little bluetooth symbol and it isn't there. My phone shows "paired but not connected." I can manually go through the stereo and connect the phone to the stereo and the phone says "connected to car audio," but it will only stay connected for a brief amount of time (30 seconds or so). I can place a call within this time, but after the call is ended the phone is disconnected but still paired. Sometimes when I start my car the phone and stereo will connect, but after 30 seconds or so it disconnects again. I can't for the life of me figure this out. I've restarted the phone and car and vice versa and everything else I can think of. I have a first generation Droid and it's firmware is up to date. Not that it means much, but my ipod is working flawlessly through USB. I haven't tried bluetooth pairing my phone for audio streaming yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
RavenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
tjablons

Drives: 2011 2LT-RS
Droid & Bluetooth

I have exactly the same experience - and so far, no one has been able to solve this problem (that I'm aware of).

tjablons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Tom0662

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Well, I havnt tried this yet, I have a Droid2 and am about to go out here shortly just to try it. Anyway, found a couple videos on setup. Is this how you are setting it up like they show it? Maybe you already seen this. Just checking. Will reply back with my success or failure.

Tom0662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
I had exactly the same issues with my original droid. The bluetooth, Phone or Media, would just completely drop the signal every minute or so. Particularly annoying on my commute listening to Pandora, or talking to my wife before hitting up the grocery store and suddenly her voice was coming from the speaker phone on the phone...

I replaced it with a Verizon iPhone. No more problems like this, at all.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
Tom0662

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Well, I set it up like the videos and seems to be working ok. Made a few calls, seems to be working ok. I guess will have to see how it goes if I run into the same problems later.
Tom0662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
I have had no problems with my Droid X, which I've had for almost a year.
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
tjablons

Drives: 2011 2LT-RS
Bluetooth & Thunderbolt

I've heard that the Droids sync most of the time. Sure doesn't work with my Thunderbolt though.
tjablons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
"DROID DOESN'T"

hehe sorry, I had to... perfect opportunity
Old 06-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
RavenSS
Monarch is here

Alright well I have an update. I tried syncing a friends iphone along with 2 other bluetooth enabled cell phones and they all did the same thing. They would connect briefly and then disconnect. Randomly connecting on/off, but as soon as I go to make a call they would always disconnect. Seems it's a possible issue with the module itself. I called the dealership and told them of the problem, but the service department is backed up. I'll post again once I get the car looked at. The car's less than a week old and going for repairs :(
Old 06-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
sorry to hear. that's very strange. maybe the antenna in the module is bad. Don't stress out about it too much.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #11
RavenSS
Monarch is here

So I just got my car back and they told me it was a phone issue and I had to deny access to my phonebook when the car asks and then bluetooth will connect. This seems to work about 1/4 of the time. It worked when I paired my phone at the dealer, but then I couldn't get my phone to connect later on that evening. I eventually got it to pair again and tried making a call. It would try dialing and then say call couldn't be made through my phone. I turned bluetooth on my phone off/on and then I couldn't get the car to connect with my phone again. As I was driving around later I pulled over into a parking lot and tried for 1/2 an hour with no luck. Two hours later I tried again and it paired and I made 3 calls telling it was number to dial (no phonebook capability). I went to bed feeling better. Then the next morning it didn't work again. For 2 days I couldn't get the car/phone to connect, and then I tried again manually through the stereo controls and it worked. It showed that it was connected with the bluetooth symbol, but it still wouldn't make any calls!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:01 AM   #12
egp

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Hey RavenSS, can you walk us through the steps? I have my iPhone working well, but I have to remember to turn Bluetooth off (on the phone) when I leave my vehicle, and back on the next time I drive, otherwise, it won't connect. Once I have a connection, then the voice commands are "Bluetooth", then "voice", then "call Joe Blow".
egp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
RavenSS, have you tried using your phone with similarly equipped vehicles on theirs or other lots to see if it is the vehicle rather than the phone? I know it may seem silly but it may be one of the few ways to get this issue diagnosed properly. I would suggest getting your VIN checked over to see which radio options you have and then check around to see where other similarly equipped vehicles may be to test this. You could also ask that a representative from your dealership be present to verify your findings if you have to go to a different dealer. I hope that suggestion helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #14
RavenSS
Monarch is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
RavenSS, have you tried using your phone with similarly equipped vehicles on theirs or other lots to see if it is the vehicle rather than the phone? I know it may seem silly but it may be one of the few ways to get this issue diagnosed properly. I would suggest getting your VIN checked over to see which radio options you have and then check around to see where other similarly equipped vehicles may be to test this. You could also ask that a representative from your dealership be present to verify your findings if you have to go to a different dealer. I hope that suggestion helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Jeff, this is a great suggestion. So far I've only tried my phone in other bluetooth equipped cars, but no other camaros. Since I got the car back from the dealership, the bluetooth phones that didn't work previously are working. I still can't get my phone to work though. I'm due for a phone upgrade in a little over a month. I'm going to enjoy the sound of the V8 instead of people's voices until then. If I get a new phone and I still have issues then this is my next step.