Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Fire65

Drives: 2011 2 LT RS Convertible
Passenger rear side window did not stay up.

It was a beautiful day yesterday in Jersey, mid 60's. Dropped the top and enjoyed the day. With the top down I raised the windows, but the passenger rear window would not stay up. When I was done enjoying the day and it was time to put the vert away I put the top up and raised the widows, again the passenger rear window would not stay up. I cycled the widow several times with no success. I then put the top up and down several times and tried the windows each time without the rear passenger widow staying up. On the 4 or 5 attempt the passenger rear widow stayed up. Anyone experience this?

Last edited by Fire65; 01-08-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Fire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Is it making a vibrating/grinding noise? Both of mine did and both regulators are bad. Had one fixed and was waiting on the other one to arrive but it didn't before I put it in storage. Mine kind of hesitated but did go up and down. Bring it in. Not normal operation on a new car.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
Fire65

Did not make any noise, when the window reached the closed position it would go down. I'll definitely mention it to the dealer when I bring the car in tomorrow for service.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
SonomaJohn

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 6M Convertible
Were you holding the window switch or just using the auto up feature. When my top was screwed up the first time the driver's rear window did that because it was binding and the safety feature kicked in. Holding the switch I believe disables the safety feature.

John
SonomaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
Fire65

John,
I did not hold the switch, used the auto up. When it happens again I'll try holding the switch. Thanks
Old 01-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Is it making a vibrating/grinding noise? Both of mine did and both regulators are bad. Had one fixed and was waiting on the other one to arrive but it didn't before I put it in storage. Mine kind of hesitated but did go up and down. Bring it in. Not normal operation on a new car.
Thanks for that tip....my rear passenger window just started making the same kind of noise you just described.....
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
Fire65

Well I dropped the car off at the dealership on Monday and picked it up today. The dealership told me that the rear quarter glass was touching the rear drain hose and disconnecting them. According to the dealer thats why the window would not auto stay up and why I had water in the rear footwell (this was the fourth and last trip to the dealer for the leak fix). When I got the car home I cycled the top and put up the window, guess what.............? The rear window would not stay up using the auto feature. I held the switch and the window stayed up, thanks SonomaJohn! Now I just have to wait for the next rain to test the leak.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm sorry to hear all of you are having issues with these windows. I'll do what I can to try and find out any information on this and get back to you as soon as I can.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaJohn View Post
Were you holding the window switch or just using the auto up feature. When my top was screwed up the first time the driver's rear window did that because it was binding and the safety feature kicked in. Holding the switch I believe disables the safety feature.

John
Hmmm, not so sure that bypassing the safety features is a good idea, unless it is an emergency and you need to get it up (ya, that's what she said). If you have to do this, you should probably get it checked out asap. Safety features are installed for a reason; and it's usually to keep you from hurting yourself or someone else.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #10
pastohio

Drives: Indy Pace Car
My left rear window (Indy Pace car from Indy track) made some grinding sounds, had another problem when took to the dealer, they had to order the window, took about a week or so, had to replace the regulator and the service manager said that the rivets were bad holding the regulator....anyone else have rivets problems ??!!
pastohio is offline   Reply With Quote