Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #1905
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
It's crunch time. In a little over a month our daughter is getting married.

I was weighed & measured today. I lost another 4 pounds. I'd like it to be more, but with some of my food choices, I'm just glad that I lost.

Here are the overall total inches I've lost.
3.5" Bust, 2.5" Waist, 3" Hips, .5" thighs, 1" R. Arm & 1" L. Arm.

My trainer says..."You can do anything...fill in the number of reps" (example: "ten times or twice". Today I have JELLO ARMS!

Life has been fast & crazy (the same for us all). I start strong in the morning through lunch & something snags me along the way. Dinner is ok for the most part.

Time to tighten my belt & just say NO to all the stuff I shouldn't eat!

Our alteration lady is waiting until 2 weeks before the wedding for my fitting/alterations.
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #1906
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
So, this is on topic, yet off topic...as I mentioned earlier, I will be doing the Austin Tough Mudder in October. This is one of the many obstacles I will be going through during the 10 to 12 miles of obstacles.

Now here comes the off topic part...I am doing this to honor our nation's heroes and to help raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project - a non profit organization that honors and empowers Wounded Warriors who incur service-connected wounds, injuries, and illnesses on or after September 11, 2001. If you would like to support me and help me raise funds, please go to https://register.toughmudder.com/fun...aiser=r4779133 No amount is too little! Thanks for your support!!!
Awesome, Keep us posted on how everthing goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMSREDSS View Post
It's crunch time. In a little over a month our daughter is getting married.

I was weighed & measured today. I lost another 4 pounds. I'd like it to be more, but with some of my food choices, I'm just glad that I lost.

Here are the overall total inches I've lost.
3.5" Bust, 2.5" Waist, 3" Hips, .5" thighs, 1" R. Arm & 1" L. Arm.

My trainer says..."You can do anything...fill in the number of reps" (example: "ten times or twice". Today I have JELLO ARMS!

Life has been fast & crazy (the same for us all). I start strong in the morning through lunch & something snags me along the way. Dinner is ok for the most part.

Time to tighten my belt & just say NO to all the stuff I shouldn't eat!

Our alteration lady is waiting until 2 weeks before the wedding for my fitting/alterations.
So how is it going? are you staying with eating right and working out??
Old 07-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #1907
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Low-Carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza!

Healthy eating for fat loss can’t be delicious? Well, I’m gonna prove you wrong! Forget that – this recipe is scrumalicious! What about fulfilling the cravings to eat some of the best dishes from one of world’s most finest cuisines? Italian cuisine!

Italian cuisine is characterized by its extreme simplicity, with many dishes having only four to eight ingredients. Italian cooks rely chiefly on the quality of the ingredients rather than on elaborate preparation. La dolce vita remains “bella” in this case, when we substitute the high carb pizza crust by our healthy and delicious alternative that still holds up well enough to be eaten in your hands in front of your favorite movie, just the way you love it! ;-)

This recipe is not only delicious, it is also very easy and fun to make, gluten free, grain free, soy free and low carb! Here is what you need to do step by step:

1. Put ready on your kitchen desk: coconut or olive oil, 1 head of cauliflower (2 cups when smashed), 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 eggs, slightly beaten, ¼ cup coconut or almond flour, seasoning to taste (mushrooms, olives, ham,…) and pizza herbs!

2. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees (425 fahrenheit).

3. Take a head of cauliflower and chop it up into small pieces. Steam them up so you remain the vitamins or cook them for about 12 minutes with a small amount of water and put the lid on top of the pot (so you steam it too in a way). Make sure the cauliflower does not burn. Let it turn softly, so you can smash it up easily into a cauliflower puree. You can use a food processor or mash the hell out of it with a fork.

4. Take yourself a non-stick pan and grease it with coconut oil. olive oil or some cooking spray.

5. Mix the cauliflower puree with the cheese, eggs, coconut flour and seasonal pizza spices. (Note this ratio: 1 cup cauliflower/1 cup cheese/1 egg)

6. Spread the mix out on the pan and bake for 17 minutes into the preheated oven (220 degrees/245 fahrenheit).

7. While the crust is in the oven, you can start to get some fun by preparing the toppings for your pizza. You can choose whatever you like as a topping: tomato sauce, pesto, mushroom, ham or chicken, sundried tomato, olives, peppers,… create your favorite pizza! You can put a bit extra cheese on top, but by preference chose low-fat cheese!

8. Bake at 175 degrees/350 fahrenheit, but always keep an eye on it! As soon as the cheese has melted, you can attack! ;-)

9. Cut yourself a delicious slice and ALMOST surrender biting into that delicious topping point… mmm delicious…but first: don’t forget to take a piccie and mail it to me to let us enjoy it with you! Okay, you can bite it now!! ;-) ENJOY!

Name:  177445_452157874814492_1235943522_o[1].jpg
Views: 378
Size:  180.1 KB
Old 07-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #1908
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

Healthy eating for fat loss can’t be delicious? Well, I’m gonna prove you wrong! Forget that – this recipe is scrumalicious! What about fulfilling the cravings to eat some of the best dishes from one of world’s most finest cuisines? Italian cuisine!

Italian cuisine is characterized by its extreme simplicity, with many dishes having only four to eight ingredients. Italian cooks rely chiefly on the quality of the ingredients rather than on elaborate preparation. La dolce vita remains “bella” in this case, when we substitute the high carb pizza crust by our healthy and delicious alternative that still holds up well enough to be eaten in your hands in front of your favorite movie, just the way you love it! ;-)

This recipe is not only delicious, it is also very easy and fun to make, gluten free, grain free, soy free and low carb! Here is what you need to do step by step:

1. Put ready on your kitchen desk: coconut or olive oil, 1 head of cauliflower (2 cups when smashed), 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 eggs, slightly beaten, ¼ cup coconut or almond flour, seasoning to taste (mushrooms, olives, ham,…) and pizza herbs!

3. Take a head of cauliflower and chop it up into small pieces. Steam them up so you remain the vitamins or cook them for about 12 minutes with a small amount of water and put the lid on top of the pot (so you steam it too in a way). Make sure the cauliflower does not burn. Let it turn softly, so you can smash it up easily into a cauliflower puree. You can use a food processor or mash the hell out of it with a fork.

4. Take yourself a non-stick pan and grease it with coconut oil. olive oil or some cooking spray.

5. Mix the cauliflower puree with the cheese, eggs, coconut flour and seasonal pizza spices. (Note this ratio: 1 cup cauliflower/1 cup cheese/1 egg)

6. Spread the mix out on the pan and bake for 17 minutes into the preheated oven (220 degrees/245 fahrenheit).

7. While the crust is in the oven, you can start to get some fun by preparing the toppings for your pizza. You can choose whatever you like as a topping: tomato sauce, pesto, mushroom, ham or chicken, sundried tomato, olives, peppers,… create your favorite pizza! You can put a bit extra cheese on top, but by preference chose low-fat cheese!

8. Bake at 175 degrees/350 fahrenheit, but always keep an eye on it! As soon as the cheese has melted, you can attack! ;-)

9. Cut yourself a delicious slice and ALMOST surrender biting into that delicious topping point… mmm delicious…but first: don’t forget to take a piccie and mail it to me to let us enjoy it with you! Okay, you can bite it now!! ;-) ENJOY!

Attachment 401162

YUM!!! I'm gonna have to try this one!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #1909
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

Attachment 401162
Wow, didn't even know you all had this post going until today. Great for encouragement! I've always been huge into fitness and fell in love with running a little over ago. I've done many 5ks, 10ks, my first half in April, and several big ones coming up.....including a full marathon. So, nice to meet all of you all!!

I'll def have to give this recipe a try at home. Thanks for sharing!
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #1910
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Seeing your abs has very little to do with your training, and a LOT more to do with how you're eating. There is a saying that is "Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym". What kind of things are you eating that is "a lot better"? For some people, "a lot better" is still kind of crappy
THIS ^^^ I tell people ALL the time to give up the crunches it won't make their belly fat go away. It's the diet that gets it done, and the hardest part actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
It almost always seems that after low carbing for a while an increase in clean carbs does wonders to jump start the metabolism again.

It's obvious that I believe good, clean carbs should always be included in a muscle building diet, low carbing should be used as a tool for short term leaning such as pre-contest or the such.

Putting on 15-20lbs of lean mass is quite the trick even when increasing body fat never mind while maintaining very low body fat. you've got to eat to grow so achieving both at the same time is quite difficult but can be done.
I've been slowly upping my CLEAN calories and protein intake and added a couple of supplements. I'm still eating the same foods, just more of them. I'm up almost 8 pounds now and body fat still hovers between 7.5 - 8.2% on the little monitor gizmo...pincers say 7%. Strength is up quite a bit too. I may drop the carbs back down for 2 weeks one last time before fall just to really push it.

Quote:
For real. Most people that I've been talking to say that they best they can do over the long run, is about 1 pound of fat for every 2 pounds of muscle. But I suppose if you did it very, very slowly, that could be a better ratio.
Yep, then you gotta try to lose all that fat come spring UGH. I learned it can be done, and pretty quickly, but man it sucked. Now I won't let my BF go over 10% even when bulking.

Glad to see others doing well. Sure is fun to play around with diets and what not and see the changes in the mirror.

I've been dating a girl who's as hard core as I am and it's been a lot of fun. When I wanna cheat she talks me out of it and vice versa. She kicks butt in the gym too which is motivating.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #1911
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
So I realized today that my life is so lame, that the only way I keep track of which day of the week it is, is by which muscle group I'm working on in the gym hahaha. Down to 173.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #1912
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Wow, this thread is crickets. Where is everybody?

I hurt my back doing dead lifts a couple years ago and have been spooked by them ever since, but at Crossfit last night they did a one rep max so I decided to go for it. I stopped at 335, but I think I coulda gotten 385. I just didn't wanna push it. Some skinny as hell guy got 425...holy crap! I think I may have been using poor form on them and thus the injury, so I'll add them back in to my routine on back days and start shooting for 415.

Other than that still going at it. I'm up to 95# dumb bells on the incline bench and 40# incline hammer curls. I've added in front squats and back squats to leg days (more for Crossfit since we do those a lot). My diet is still pretty clean, although I have been upping the calories. I'm gonna try to get to 180# and stay at 7-8% body fat. We'll see what happens. I was 167 yesterday and 7.9%.

Got an awesome compliment from the gal I've been seeing this morning. She said I had a body like Jason Statham LOL Hey I'll take it!

Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #1913
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Wow, this thread is crickets. Where is everybody?

I hurt my back doing dead lifts a couple years ago and have been spooked by them ever since, but at Crossfit last night they did a one rep max so I decided to go for it. I stopped at 335, but I think I coulda gotten 385. I just didn't wanna push it. Some skinny as hell guy got 425...holy crap! I think I may have been using poor form on them and thus the injury, so I'll add them back in to my routine on back days and start shooting for 415.

Other than that still going at it. I'm up to 95# dumb bells on the incline bench and 40# incline hammer curls. I've added in front squats and back squats to leg days (more for Crossfit since we do those a lot). My diet is still pretty clean, although I have been upping the calories. I'm gonna try to get to 180# and stay at 7-8% body fat. We'll see what happens. I was 167 yesterday and 7.9%.

Got an awesome compliment from the gal I've been seeing this morning. She said I had a body like Jason Statham LOL Hey I'll take it!
I am here!

I can't wait for it to cool off so I can join crossfit! Listening to you talk about it make me so JELLY!

Squats are awesome! I add them or extra to pretty much whatever I'm doing.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #1914
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I think the New Year motivation has diminished. I'm still pushing, but I'm slowly recovering from a lower back injury myself. Last week was the first in over a month that I was able to get a good leg workout in. My progress all but came to a halt from that, so I'm not much better off than I was. I fell a little short of my goals for the summer, but bulking season is almost upon us.

I have a 6 week work travel coming up for my body to heal and recover, and then it's time to put on some weight. I'll have more time this year than last, so hopefully when cutting season starts in the spring, I'll only have to drop about 10-15 pounds. I can tell the calorie deficit has started to take it's toll too. I had a helluva time getting 225 up on bench yesterday (as my fourth set). 175/195/205... no problem. But my chest just straight up said "It's f**k this s**t o'clock" when I went for 225. Bumping up my calories for a couple days to help recover.

On the plus side, is that I did see 172, at right about 9% BF. Unfortunately that's just a slim outline on all 6 abs (which is better than the 4 I usually see at this level). I would have loved to drop to 6-7, but that's just not happening this year :( Next year it is....
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #1915
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

I'm alive and kicking. Still trucking along! Did Insanity Pure Cardio Sunday night and I'm still sore in my calves! Wanted to go for a run last night {was at Skips it is my only workout option} but it was still a heat index of 101 at 9pm so I skipped since I don't handle heat well. Its cooler today so I see a run happening tonight.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #1916
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
I think the New Year motivation has diminished. I'm still pushing, but I'm slowly recovering from a lower back injury myself. Last week was the first in over a month that I was able to get a good leg workout in. My progress all but came to a halt from that, so I'm not much better off than I was. I fell a little short of my goals for the summer, but bulking season is almost upon us.

I have a 6 week work travel coming up for my body to heal and recover, and then it's time to put on some weight. I'll have more time this year than last, so hopefully when cutting season starts in the spring, I'll only have to drop about 10-15 pounds. I can tell the calorie deficit has started to take it's toll too. I had a helluva time getting 225 up on bench yesterday (as my fourth set). 175/195/205... no problem. But my chest just straight up said "It's f**k this s**t o'clock" when I went for 225. Bumping up my calories for a couple days to help recover.

On the plus side, is that I did see 172, at right about 9% BF. Unfortunately that's just a slim outline on all 6 abs (which is better than the 4 I usually see at this level). I would have loved to drop to 6-7, but that's just not happening this year :( Next year it is....
Ah darn... Sorry to hear about your injury! Thats no bueno.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #1917
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Why are you worried about the heat and Crossfit? It was 102° in there the other day. You just drink a lot of water and take a low calorie gatorade for after to get the potassium and minerals back in your bod after the workout. I pulled my shirt off and wrung it out like a wash rag in the parking lot. I don't know I've ever sweated that much.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #1918
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I'm here as well. After 27 years in business at the same location I am in the process of selling my shop and relocating when/if the sale goes through so I've had my hands full. I have been slacking a little but still manage to get at least two lifting sessions in per week
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote