Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 08-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #43
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Subscribed for updates. I love driving Rainier...haven't been in a year or two since I sold my bike, but it was always a fun ride.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #44
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
Subscribed for updates. I love driving Rainier...haven't been in a year or two since I sold my bike, but it was always a fun ride.
It would be great if you could make it, haven't seen you in ages!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #45
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
WOW DUDE! That's CRAZY! Sad to see the old girl again. :( Great find, Gary. I'm a little surprised they didn't just tear it apart and sell the pieces separately. Could have gotten more for it. Whoever bought it got my ******** X3 T-harness that I forgot to disconnect from the factory amp. >.<

My insurance company did pay off the remaining loan (a little over $33k) and gave me the difference between that and the Actual Cash Value. I only had that car like 9 or 10 months. First and last owner. :(
It was your insurance company that sold it off to a salvager that will do just that. I find it interesting though, that the taillights and the bowtie were already missing off the back. I wonder who got those? I'm sure the buyer noticed that, and adjusted their bid accordingly. Back in the day the insurance company would call the car totaled, and for a few bucks less on your settlement, you could keep the car. It was nice to keep the car if you had the means to repair it on your own, or use the engine and parts for another project. But the salvage business got so lucrative that now they just take the car outright to recoup some of their losses at auction. It's my understanding that you don't really have a choice now. Bummer for us shade tree mechanics. Hope the guy that hit you got put on the boat home, but I'll bet they just put him back on the street.

Oh, and you might like this facebook link. It's where we originally found your car:http://www.facebook.com/SynergyGreenCamaro

Last edited by With envy; 08-10-2012 at 04:00 AM.
With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #46
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
It was your insurance company that sold it off to a salvager that will do just that. I find it interesting though, that the taillights and the bowtie were already missing off the back. I wonder who got those? I'm sure the buyer noticed that, and adjusted their bid accordingly. Back in the day the insurance company would call the car totaled, and for a few bucks less on your settlement, you could keep the car. It was nice to keep the car if you had the means to repair it on your own, or use the engine and parts for another project. But the salvage business got so lucrative that now they just take the car outright to recoup some of their losses at auction. It's my understanding that you don't really have a choice now. Bummer for us shade tree mechanics. Hope the guy that hit you got put on the boat home, but I'll bet they just put him back on the street.

Oh, and you might like this facebook link. It's where we originally found your car:http://www.facebook.com/SynergyGreenCamaro
That mother****er should be in JAIL. Ship his ass to Guantanamo.

But yeah, I got the taillights and the rear bowtie when I went to get my stuff out of it at the tow yard. It was my car, so it's not like they could say anything about it. I did have to haggle the ARV they gave me though because they are retarded enough to think it was a 1SS and they compared with considerably cheaper vehicles. I had to provide them with a window sticker from when I bought the car. >.< Then I had to have them adjust it again to account for the sunroof (like that's not obvious) and something else I'm forgetting now. The Actual Retail Value they show on that site is the original offer they gave me, and it's lower than I finally settled for by around $4k. :P

But yeah. It was a friggin mess. My claim with the insurance company is still open as I'm still in negotiations over some other aspects. Driving isn't the same after this accident. :\
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #47
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

The place it sold from (Copart) is behind my house... you'll pass it on the way here on Sept 2nd for the cruise... Might want to make sure it actually sold, if it didn't, you might be able to stop and get the part for your stereo???
Old 08-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #48
ForgedReality
Envy

Doesn't matter. I managed to replace it. I was lucky to find a member here who had a new unused one that he shipped to me for just $10 total. Lucky, considering it can't be bought at ********.com anymore.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #49
kjnylin

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black/Black Auto
I'm in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Gary, it's a drive to Paradise, not Sunrise... You can come to my house and meet up, though! I'll have coffee on.
I'm going, along with my lovely bride of course. Make sure I'm in the loop with meeting place and time.

I may get a radio, but I don't think I'll get lost in the middle of a pack of Camaros.

Order accepted by GM, 6/15/2009
Picked up at dealer 8/21/2009
UPDATE! Purchased a 2013 ZL1 on 3/14/2015.
kjnylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #50
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
It'd be awesome to have another adult driver join me in our Tahoe so that I can hang out the window and take pictures. I'll see about dragging someone along with me that can drive... My son did OK on a rally but there were only four cars and he got lucky on a few shots I'd LOVE to be able to take pics of the group!!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #51
ForgedReality
Envy

Attached Images

Old 08-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #52
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
Please forgive me for not reading all the posts.

Your drive is only on September 2nd & not the whole weekend, correct?

We are on the count down to our daughters wedding & she'll be married by then. We might come. I just told my husband, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the update. Jeanette, if everyone is meeting at your house, please PM me your address.

Thanks, Tracy
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #53
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

I'll be driving out toward the mountain today, just to be sure there are no road closures as Tammy mentioned there might be. After that, I'll PM everyone my address and figure out a good time to meet up. I'm also considering stopping by the Sheriff office to see if we can have someone direct traffic through an all way stop intersection to help keep us together. Will keep you all posted!!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #54
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
Might be down for this. Haven't done any Camaro related events since I've been up here...but then again I've been without Carolyn for over 3 months now Just waiting for the shipping company to get back to me on when they can pick it up from Jannetty Racing.
TVS2300 Supercharger w/Maggie Max Stage 2, 3.6 Pulley, Innovators West 8 rib conversion, OD rear Cog belt drive.
Jannetty Racing Rough Idle Cam, LS3 Conversion.
Jannetty Racing built 6l80e Trans, Jannetty Racing Custom Converter, Built rear diff w/ 3.45 gears, DSS driveshaft and 1400 hp axles.
ADM Twin Pump Fuel System, ADM CAI, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Borla "S" Catback.
Custom 18" Forgestar F14's, Nitto 305/45-18 DR's
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #55
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

I cruised all the way out to the Nisqually entrance to Mt Rainier Nat'l Park today, and the route I took has no road closures. The traffic is a little heavier than usual due to the road closure on Hwy 7, but not really bad. From my door to the park entrance is 42 miles (it's another 19 to Paradise Inn), and due to some chip sealing road work between Elbe and Ashford with a reduced speed limit, it took me almost exactly an hour. Hopefully the chip sealing is done by then, and all that nasty gravel is packed down.

I had originally thought we could get a later start, but when I turned around at the park entrance, I noticed a sign flashing that said the parking area at Paradise was full, so maybe we should leave a little earlier?? I was thinking meet at my house at 8:30am, and plan to hit the road by 9??

I stopped by a couple of places on my way home that might be good for photos, if we don't have too many cars for the parking area...
This one is at a historic marker, even with 15-20 cars, if nobody else is there, we might be able to get a good shot:

This one is on a residential road by Clear Lake - I'd be willing to go knock on a stranger's door to get permission to block the road for a few minutes if you want to take pics here.

I didn't have time to stop at the Sheriff's office, but since there isn't really places to pass on the road, I think I'll try to get them to direct traffic for us in Eatonville - if we get separated at that intersection, the only way to get back together will be to pull over somewhere.

I'll be sending out PMs with my address soon - once I figure out who all is going to join us on this cruise!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #56
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
Thanks for the update. Meeting at 8:30 sounds good to me.
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote