Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #85
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
Why's errbody quittin'? :(((((((((

One more person backs out...
I didn"t realize what date school started. Wow, it's soon!

Our daughter just got married & is moving to another state today. I need to make sure that the rest of the summer is balanced & has fun thing planned before school starts.

I"d love to go, but at the same time... I'm ready to just relax, put my feet up & not have to be get ready for anything.
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #86
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMSREDSS View Post
I didn"t realize what date school started. Wow, it's soon!

Our daughter just got married & is moving to another state today. I need to make sure that the rest of the summer is balanced & has fun thing planned before school starts.

I"d love to go, but at the same time... I'm ready to just relax, put my feet up & not have to be get ready for anything.
yea for people who have kids school has either already started or will start just after labor day weekend. for me I get back from texas & I have only one day to get school supplies for m daughter

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #87
TravisTrout
Hot roddin' Steamfitter!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 CGM
Ryan from Lingenfelter has a pallet or two of goodies being shipped my way.
Should be here by the 30th(evening).
That gives me a day and a half to get as much of it installed as I can before the cruise.
This should be interesting!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #88
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
As of today I have counted between here and face book event counter were up to 18 Camaro's going.
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #89
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossowner View Post
As of today I have counted between here and face book event counter were up to 18 Camaro's going.
I think it might be more - I've sent a LOT of directions out!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #90
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I have quite a bit going on on the 2nd, so I'm not going to be able to make this. I have a dentist appointment in Anacortes in the morning, and a fantasy football draft in the evening.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #91
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Just you wait till I get my decel pop going. Or should I say my shotgun....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
I do it on purpose too... LOVE that sound.
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
keving2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #92
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Quote:
Originally Posted by keving2873 View Post
Just you wait till I get my decel pop going. Or should I say my shotgun....
You mean your CANNON! I swear I thought cannonballs were gonna fly at me when I was following you...
Hey - the offer still stands to swap cars for a few miles if you want to hear your car from behind. I know you heard it on the dyno, but it's not the same as normal driving...
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #93
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
I think just removing the mufflers sounds nice, but it's not loud enough. Eventually, I'll be running catless with long-tube headers and an x-pipe and I think that should get me where I wanna be.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #94
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Can I not be behind the noisier ones?? Lol
Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #95
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Might just do that on this trip. There is plenty of road to swap cars for a couple miles or so.

Quote:
You mean your CANNON! I swear I thought cannonballs were gonna fly at me when I was following you...
Hey - the offer still stands to swap cars for a few miles if you want to hear your car from behind. I know you heard it on the dyno, but it's not the same as normal driving...
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
keving2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #96
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
Can I not be behind the noisier ones?? Lol
Them's fightin' words!
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #97
kjnylin

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black/Black Auto
Parking at Paradise

Quote:
I cruised all the way out to the Nisqually entrance to Mt Rainier Nat'l Park today, and the route I took has no road closures. The traffic is a little heavier than usual due to the road closure on Hwy 7, but not really bad. From my door to the park entrance is 42 miles (it's another 19 to Paradise Inn), and due to some chip sealing road work between Elbe and Ashford with a reduced speed limit, it took me almost exactly an hour. Hopefully the chip sealing is done by then, and all that nasty gravel is packed down.

I had originally thought we could get a later start, but when I turned around at the park entrance, I noticed a sign flashing that said the parking area at Paradise was full, so maybe we should leave a little earlier?? I was thinking meet at my house at 8:30am, and plan to hit the road by 9??

I stopped by a couple of places on my way home that might be good for photos, if we don't have too many cars for the parking area...
This one is at a historic marker, even with 15-20 cars, if nobody else is there, we might be able to get a good shot:

This one is on a residential road by Clear Lake - I'd be willing to go knock on a stranger's door to get permission to block the road for a few minutes if you want to take pics here.

I didn't have time to stop at the Sheriff's office, but since there isn't really places to pass on the road, I think I'll try to get them to direct traffic for us in Eatonville - if we get separated at that intersection, the only way to get back together will be to pull over somewhere.

I'll be sending out PMs with my address soon - once I figure out who all is going to join us on this cruise!
I sent a note to a Park Ranger friend of mine. He works out of Longmire and covers Paradise. I asked about parking at 10:00 Sunday, especially on a holiday week-end. Here is what he said:

Hi Ken,

Depends on the weather. If it is nice, the Paradise parking lots can fill up by 10, like they did last Saturday. You would be safer to get there by 9 if you all want to park in Paradise. But if they are full, you can either park in the Paradise picnic area (on the right just before you get to Paradise), or drive through and park down the Valley Road on the east side of Paradise. Either way it should be a short walk up at 10, as those places won't get packed until a couple hours later.

Sounds like fun. Maybe I should bring up my '69 Z28. Oh wait, I sold that 35 years ago, didn't I. Dangit!!

If I get a chance I'll try to swing up that way and see if I can find you.

Kraig

I know leaving early isn't really an option. Leaving Ladybug's Mom's place at 9:00 is early enough for some people. So bottom line is that we should not be detered. There are options.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise. See you Sunday!

Order accepted by GM, 6/15/2009
Picked up at dealer 8/21/2009
UPDATE! Purchased a 2013 ZL1 on 3/14/2015.
kjnylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #98
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Thanks for the info, Ken! I think the picnic area is a good idea. We can just play it by ear!
Oh, and I haven't had time to look into getting a sheriff to direct traffic through the intersection in Eatonville... I will try to call about that today. Lots going on. Right now I'm just happy to have 2 driveable vehicles again. Ugh.