Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
OH MY GOD STUPID EAR

EAR Y U BLOCKED UP SO MUCH?!?

Jeez...second day of having my ear blocked. Stupid ear drops do nothing, do you hear me? Nothing! AAAARRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

(Aaaarrrggghh!)
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Try having tinnitus. It sucks. Never a moment of silence in my ears. The constant hummmmmm/ringing/hissing is not fun. I hear it all day, even cruising down the hwy @ 70mph in my Dodge/Cummins. When I go to bed I have to have a fan on and concentrate on the fan noise to get to sleep.
Retired Navy... A Husband. A Dad. A Veteran as of 2011. 2010 2SS/RS A6 - FlowMaster CatBack - I'm not a Amsoil dealer and will never be one. I believe in its capabilities from personal use with oil analysis reports backing up my OCI's. Besides, I know more than most cut and paste Amsoil dealers which are at least 95% of them.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Try having tinnitus. It sucks. Never a moment of silence in my ears. The constant hummmmmm/ringing/hissing is not fun. I hear it all day, even cruising down the hwy @ 70mph in my Dodge/Cummins. When I go to bed I have to have a fan on and concentrate on the fan noise to get to sleep.
Unfortunately, I have tried having tinnitus. They never told me that I couldn;t give it back though. Mine's not as bad as yours, thank God

My ear popped yesterday. The good pop. Damn the pressure and being deaf on one side was getting maddening
Old 01-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
If I knew 20 years ago what I know now, I would have bought stock in ear plugs. Being a heavy equipment mechanic, a hunter, and race fan, my ears ring all the time also. I am starting to get tired of saying "WHAT?", and the wife has a soft voice, you can imagine how conversations go around here!

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 AM   #5
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
I'm with you on the Tinnitus ... I downloaded an app called white noise and play the airplane sound (what you'd hear as a passenger) when it's sleep time... it works very well for me..
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:54 AM   #6
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
EAR Y U BLOCKED UP SO MUCH?!?

Jeez...second day of having my ear blocked. Stupid ear drops do nothing, do you hear me? Nothing! AAAARRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

(Aaaarrrggghh!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinny View Post
If I knew 20 years ago what I know now, I would have bought stock in ear plugs. Being a heavy equipment mechanic, a hunter, and race fan, my ears ring all the time also. I am starting to get tired of saying "WHAT?", and the wife has a soft voice, you can imagine how conversations go around here!
I'm 22 and this shit happens to me. Have to go to the doc all the time so he can dig in my ear with some metal prod. It pisses me off so bad bc it fricking hurts. I just want to punch the doc. It sucks sooooo bad. I'm always saying "WHATTTT" "excuse me?" it's ****ing embarrassing.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
Dupontdon24

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
From all the loud music, shooting guns without hearing protection when I was younger, I have lived with a loud constant ringing for over 20 yrs. Don't think there's a cure, good luck!
Dupontdon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Yikes, plugged ears no fun but I agree with everyone else on the tinnitus - drives me nuts all the ringing and clicking and such 24/7/365. Too many good concerts, guns, and fireworks not to mention working around jets for 3 years. "What?" is probably the most said word in my vocabulary.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote