Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
I almost sinned today but came to my senses

Yes my fellow camaro friends, I need to be taken out back and receive 20 lashes for my sins. Today I was coming home and saw on the local lot a 2007 Mustang Shelby GT. I decided to go look at it and I took it for a test drive. It had a lot of power and I loved the Hurst short throw shiftier in in. The dealer is a auto nut and he let me really get on it and it felt wonderful. We got back to the dealership and we started the process. I was able to knock them down 5 grand from there asking price and they were going to give me a great trade in price on my camaro and let me remove all the aftermarket parts and put her back to stock. I wont post the final price but it was insane. The shelby was clean, I mean CLEAN! One owner, a older gentleman who traded it in for a truck. It only had 22000 miles on it and all records with it. I got the price I wanted and everything was going great. My sales person had to go talk to the loan person about something. So I was sitting in the booth alone and this is no joke. As I was sitting there I looked out at my camaro sitting there all clean and sexy looking. I started to think of all that I have done to her and all the great times we have had. I felt like I was about to betray her. I could not trade her in. Sales person walked back in with all the documents to sign and I told him I had a moment of clarity and just can't bring myself to do it. Shredded the paperwork and I walked out, got in my camaro and left. As I was leaving I punched her and broke the tires loose and got that grin on my face again. I knew I made the right decision. I had a moment of weakness. Maybe this was a test lol.

FORGIVE me my Camaro brethren for I have sinned and I have come to confess my sin
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper182 View Post
Yes my fellow camaro friends, I need to be taken out back and receive 20 lashes for my sins. Today I was coming home and saw on the local lot a 2007 Mustang Shelby GT. I decided to go look at it and I took it for a test drive. It had a lot of power and I loved the Hurst short throw shiftier in in. The dealer is a auto nut and he let me really get on it and it felt wonderful. We got back to the dealership and we started the process. I was able to knock them down 5 grand from there asking price and they were going to give me a great trade in price on my camaro and let me remove all the aftermarket parts and put her back to stock. I wont post the final price but it was insane. The shelby was clean, I mean CLEAN! One owner, a older gentleman who traded it in for a truck. It only had 22000 miles on it and all records with it. I got the price I wanted and everything was going great. My sales person had to go talk to the loan person about something. So I was sitting in the booth alone and this is no joke. As I was sitting there I looked out at my camaro sitting there all clean and sexy looking. I started to think of all that I have done to her and all the great times we have had. I felt like I was about to betray her. I could not trade her in. Sales person walked back in with all the documents to sign and I told him I had a moment of clarity and just can't bring myself to do it. Shredded the paperwork and I walked out, got in my camaro and left. As I was leaving I punched her and broke the tires loose and got that grin on my face again. I knew I made the right decision. I had a moment of weakness. Maybe this was a test lol.

FORGIVE me my Camaro brethren for I have sinned and I have come to confess my sin
you was going to trade it your 2011 camaro for a 2007 shelby? 120 hail camaros now
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Say 3 Hail Marys and treat your Camaro to 1 new mod.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Nothing wrong moving on to another car for the right reasons but that would have been a brain fart imo.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Old 02-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Made the right choice brother.... No sense in financing a 6yr old car for another 4-5-6 years... Car would be 10 years old by the time it was paid for.... Talk about a set back. Lol

No one would want a car note on a car that 6years old.... On top of that, be paying a car note on a car that would be 8+ years old...

Glad up kept the Camaro.
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Lol oh trust me as soon as I got home I ordered 2 more parts for her. I have a feeling if I would have done it I would have been looking outside thinking "what have I done"
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I'm not sure if I would ever move back to an older car, even if it was a better car.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Whew,, that was a close one.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #10
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I'd do it for a new shelby lol

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Fiveg56

Drives: -
I'd have done the deal if the numbers were good.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
I'd have done the deal if the numbers were good.
After some research, I take it back. 2007 Mustang Shelby GT has only 319 HP??
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #14
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
After some research, I take it back. 2007 Mustang Shelby GT has only 319 HP??
ya i thought when he said Shelby gt , he was talking about a gt500 lol .

until Google answer a few questions.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote