Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #29
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
So what happened to the supposed constraint of V8s? I thought it was the V8s that would take longer since there were so many, now its switched? If I don't get my car for the summer I am not going to be happy at all.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #30
Jack
Just Jack

Drives: '71 SS, Forest Green
I made the trip to NAIAS where I spoke to Cheryl Pilcher about CGM. She told me about the delay on CGM and why. Here's the scoop, straight from Cheryl. FYI, I also spoke w/ one of the owners of another camaro website, who knows Cheryl and he confirmed.

Because the Oshawa plant is concluding their final run of Impalas in the Dark Tarnished Silver color, they will be unable to paint any new Camaros in CGM until they switch the line in April (when the Impala color palette changes to include CGM). They literally have to shut the plant down to make the color change (don't ask me why - seems there are plenty of other colors in use - but that's the story).

Jack
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #31
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
yeah ww knew why it was delayed. . . don't understand why Fbodfather told me it would be, then came on the board and said it wouldn't be. .