Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #141
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Ok, so those that bought the JDP Quantum kit, how did you manage to make 4 feet of hose work? I know when I did mine in 2-1/2 I had at least 4 foot per side, and SSSoon bought 10 foot and he says any shorter and he wouldn't have made it.

I would like to switch to the JDP kit, but if the supplied hose isn't long enough I might as well just buy the plates from Lambert and get my own hose.
4" was more than enough! Here's how I ran mine. First pic is driver's side and the next 2 are passenger side.
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #142
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
It comes with 2 pieces that are probably 4 ft long each, it is not 4 ft total like their ad shows. There is plenty of hose with the kit.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:31 PM   #143
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
It comes with 2 pieces that are probably 4 ft long each, it is not 4 ft total like their ad shows. There is plenty of hose with the kit.
Thanks, that's what I thought their ad was wrong. Based on ssmike's pictures, there's no way 2 foot per side would cut it.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:31 PM   #144
bannonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
4" was more than enough! Here's how I ran mine. First pic is driver's side and the next 2 are passenger side.
Great pictures, thanks.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #145
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Great pictures, thanks.
YW! Yea I thought the same thing about the length at first! JDP needs to update their website to say 4' per side!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #146
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Ok, so those that bought the JDP Quantum kit, how did you manage to make 4 feet of hose work? I know when I did mine in 2-1/2 I had at least 4 foot per side, and SSSoon bought 10 foot and he says any shorter and he wouldn't have made it.
Just remember mine terminated at the fog lights, not at the lower grille. That's what the extra foot on mine was needed for. Sounds like if you are going to the grille, 4' per side is plenty.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #147
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

How is everyone securing the duct hose to the frame/suspension? I'm afraid of the tie wraps that were supplied in the kit will eventually wear through. I'm also concerned about the steel hose clamps doing the same.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #148
bannonm

Quote:
How is everyone securing the duct hose to the frame/suspension? I'm afraid of the tie wraps that were supplied in the kit will eventually wear through. I'm also concerned about the steel hose clamps doing the same.

My old setup I used Velcro around the tubing and then ty-wrapped the Velcro to the control arms. I used 3/4 inch Velcro.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #149
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

What's to stop debris from going in and plugging the ducts or hose? Is there a screen or something we should use?
Old 02-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #150
SSSoon

Quote:
I used velcro wrap, too, and then zip tied through the velcro to the car.

Quote:
What's to stop debris from going in and plugging the ducts or hose? Is there a screen or something we should use?
I did a screen to keep the big crap out - see post #115 in this thread, on page 5

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #151
bannonm

Quote:

Went to Ace hardware and got some scraps of aluminum door screen.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:07 AM   #152
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
I used velcro wrap, too, and then zip tied through the velcro to the car.

I did a screen to keep the big crap out - see post #115 in this thread, on page 5
I like that screen, looks heavy duty! Where did you get the screen and Velcro wrap from. Most Velcro I've seen is 2 separate pieces, I can't quite figure out how that would work. Do you have any pics of the Velcro? Sorry for all the questions!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #153
SSSoon

Quote:
I like that screen, looks heavy duty! Where did you get the screen and Velcro wrap from. Most Velcro I've seen is 2 separate pieces, I can't quite figure out how that would work. Do you have any pics of the Velcro? Sorry for all the questions!
Bought both from Pegasus.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...asp?RecID=6263

You put a full loop of the velcro material around the hose with the fuzzy part pointing out. Then you put a full loop of the other velcro material with the hooks pointing in. Then, you jam the zip ties between the hooks and loops, or between the material and the hose. Could sent pix later in the week - am traveling.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...p?Product=3641

way more expensive than screen door but I wanted something really solid. I painted it black - it comes silver.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #154
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
Bought both from Pegasus.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...asp?RecID=6263

You put a full loop of the velcro material around the hose with the fuzzy part pointing out. Then you put a full loop of the other velcro material with the hooks pointing in. Then, you jam the zip ties between the hooks and loops, or between the material and the hose. Could sent pix later in the week - am traveling.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...p?Product=3641

way more expensive than screen door but I wanted something really solid. I painted it black - it comes silver.
Thanks! I just placed an order! I appreciate the info!

Tags
brake, ducts