Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 04-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Talking Michigan FBody Meet & Greet, May 30th, Milford Michigan

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to take the time to invite ANY and ALL FBody enthusiasts to the Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show in Milford, Michigan on May 30th. We already have just shy of 200 registrations received from all over Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Ontario!

We very well might be the 1st show in the state of Michigan to have a category and trophies specifically for your brand new 2010 Camaros!

The show is located at Bakers of Milford which is a well known spot for many Metro Detroit show enthusiasts. Every Sunday, Bakers of Milford hosts a free cruise-in. Their show has been known to exceed over a thousand vehicles and on Sundays it's a great time!

Well, this year we've teamed up with Bakers! We will be holding our show at Bakers of Milford on Saturday, May 30th!

I can't make any guarantees but Scott has been nice enough to come out to our event for the past 2 years in a row. Scott, John, and Al O. have all confirmed that they have the event in their calendar and - schedules permitting - plan to be there. Last year Scott, John, Al, and Cheryl were all amazingly kind to us and brought an IVER test Camaro in full camo to our show. The previous year, Scott surprised everyone with a car hauler filled with the Camaro coupe concept and the Camaro convertible concept (as well as the Cadillac 16 concept).

If you're interested in attending, all that we ask is to fill out our pre-registration form so we can have an attendance estimate and have your registration information ready for you when you arrive at the show.
http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/new...p?do=meetgreet

For more information, please visit http://www.mifbody.com/meetgreet

What: 5th Annual Michigan FBody Spring Meet & Greet 2009
Date: May 30th, 2009
Time: 7am to 4pm
Address: 2205 S. Milford Rd, Milford, Michigan

Introduction:
We're back and earlier than ever! With the beginning of 2009 fast approaching, we're posting the information ahead of schedule! The staff of MiFbody.com have decided to make the first Saturday after Memorial Day our yearly event date. This will make it easier for people to plan for the event for years to come as well as make it easier for us, the staff, to organize it! Last year, even with an overwhelming prediction of showers and the subsequent downpour at the show, we still were grateful for the large turnout we encountered! Over 150 vehicles showed up - still growing larger every year! This year, we're pushing for 175 Fbodies. Last year's outcome was purely the result of rain predictions - hopefully this year we can stay dry this year like we have in years past! Can we make it to our goal of 175 FBodies? Only with your help! So mark your calendars and register for the Meet & Greet today!

Food and Beverages:
Food and beverages will be available through the Bakers Restaurant. They have a full sit-in restaurant available and will also be grilling hot dogs and hamburgers for those of us who don't want to do a full sit-down meal. You're welcome to bring your own food if you so choose, but having eaten at Bakers before I can tell you they have EXCELLENT food.

As most of you might remember from previous years, filling out the registration forms the day of the event can be overwhelming! To register for the event - you have your choice of two forms! We have partnered with Motortopia to help advertise our event and they offer an online registration form! We have also created a version of their registration form on our website as well! You can register at either one of the two links below, but please make sure you register at one of them!

http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/new...p?do=meetgreet
http://www.motortopia.com/events/vie...ody_meet_greet

General Plans for the Meet & Greet:
The Meet & Greet, as a tradition, is a casual meet up to hang out and have fun! The event's host website (MiFbody.com) is still growing at an exponential rate, and there's still a lot of names that we know from the community but we don't have a face to place with the name. The Meet & Greet was created in 2005 to put faces to the user names on the site. The whole point is to meet new people, hang out, show off our own cars and check out each other's cars! Over the years, we've grown to include the entire FBody community not only in Michigan but in neighboring states and Canada! Our goal is not directly meant to promote our website - but more to promote the FBody community as a whole and encourage the community to establish friendships with people in the area with the same passion for the cars we own! The Meet & Greet is MiFbody.com's way to try and give back to the community by having a yearly show to look forward to.

50/50 Raffle:
Last year we had a 50/50 raffle with great results! This year, again, we will be having a 50/50 raffle! So bring your money and make some cash to pay off the gas you used to get to the event!

Please note that the cruise to Woodward is completely independent of the Meet & Greet - although a tradition for some. The meet will be considered finished directly after the short Awards ceremony. Please make arrangements on your own if you plan to cruise to Woodward after the Meet & Greet
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'll be there!! Might be bringing an '82 Corvette along with me
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Thank you sir! That'd be awesome - we welcome all makes and models as long as everyone understands it's FBody-centric. We might have a "Best Domestic Non-FBody" award but we won't be having a trophy for "Best Import"
Old 04-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mifbody View Post
Thank you sir! That'd be awesome - we welcome all makes and models as long as everyone understands it's FBody-centric. We might have a "Best Domestic Non-FBody" award but we won't be having a trophy for "Best Import"
Give me about 10 minutes and some TP and I can put together a great "Import" trophy...
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Works for me!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

216 Camaros and Firebirds are registered for the event. We've been recruiting more and more 5th gens for the show through other local cruise-ins... this is going to be the first show of the year with a class just for your new car - come stop in on May 30th!
Old 05-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Looks like there is a possibility that I might have my car by then and I would LOVE to go...but I am throwing a surprise 40th party for my husband that day. Make sure you post if there is another meet going on!

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Sorry to hear - but there's always next year. Our next meet up is in the Grand Rapids area, I'll post it up here as an open invite. It's more informal right now than the Spring M&G is.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #9
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Major thanks to Scott for sending this e-mail message out to his Camaro and Firebird mailing list.

AccuWeather is predicting 80 degrees and sunshine! We've received 230 registrations so far - so if you haven't registered yet, please do so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Settlemire
Good morning, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

(..........especially those of you within a couple hundred miles of Detroit!..............)

The Michigan Fbody Association is planning its 5th Annual Meet and Greet -- to celebrate CAMAROS and FIREBIRDS --

The date is Saturday, May 30th in Milford at Bakers! Several members of the Camaro Team will be on hand with some new Camaros for you to get "up close and personal" with various models and colors of the new 2010 Camaro............

Our Friend John Berzsenyi (...thanks John! I was supposed to do this last week!!!!!) ......has sent me the link with additional details..........

I hope to see you there!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #10
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Almost 250 registered!

Report Date: May 21, 2009

Chevrolet
CG1: 1st Generation Camaros 10
CG2: 2nd Generation Camaros 6
CG3: 3rd Generation Camaros 26
CG4: 4th Generation Camaros 90
CG5: 5th Generation Camaros 4

Pontiac
PG1: 1st Generation Firebird/Trans Am 5
PG2: 2nd Generation Firebird/Trans Am 5
PG3: 3rd Generation Firebird/Trans Am 21
PG4: 4th Generation Firebird/Trans Am 69

Non-FBody
DOM: Domestic Non-FBody Vehicle 10
IMP: Import Non-FBody Vehicle 0
Old 05-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Only a few days left before the show and there's almost 300 cars registered - we have about 290 registrations!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #12
Darrenscamaro

Drives: 1992 Camaro 25th Anniversary
Its getting closer! I cant wait this will be my first M&G and its shaping up to be a great one!
Darrenscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #13
K-STYLE69

Drives: '69 CAMARO
Almost 300 registered, how many 1st gens? If you have that info. Thanks!
K-STYLE69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #14
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Report Date: May 27, 2009
Chevrolet
CG1: 1st Generation Camaros 14
CG2: 2nd Generation Camaros 6
CG3: 3rd Generation Camaros 30
CG4: 4th Generation Camaros 99
CG5: 5th Generation Camaros 7

Pontiac
PG1: 1st Generation Firebird/Trans Am 6
PG2: 2nd Generation Firebird/Trans Am 8
PG3: 3rd Generation Firebird/Trans Am 22
PG4: 4th Generation Firebird/Trans Am 79

Non-FBody
DOM: Domestic Non-FBody Vehicle 16
IMP: Import Non-FBody Vehicle 0

Not too shabby. The above 5th gen count does not include any Camaros that Scott Settlemire, Cheryl Pilcher, John Fitzpatrick, and Al Oppenheiser will be bringing. All I know is they plan to have "various models and colors"

Last edited by meissen; 05-27-2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Just had another 5th gen register - Jason Debler from CamaroZ28.com is going to be there :)