Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
jrast362

Drives: 2013 rs camaro 2lt
Trying to add some interior lights

So I got this interior lighting kit and it looks great and all. The only problem is that the instructions want me to wire up to the ignition. This would mean the lights will be on when ever the lights are on. I want them to come on when the head lights come on but i cant seem to find a wiring schematic of the head light control nob anywhere.
jrast362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrast362 View Post
So I got this interior lighting kit and it looks great and all. The only problem is that the instructions want me to wire up to the ignition. This would mean the lights will be on when ever the lights are on. I want them to come on when the head lights come on but i cant seem to find a wiring schematic of the head light control nob anywhere.
The wires you want are under the dash...there is a diy here just search for footwell lighting install. Its very easy.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...otwell+install
Attached Images

mat300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
jrast362

Those instructions are great and all but with that setup they will be on all the time. I want to get it so they come on when the headlights are on. I was thinking to tap in to it from the headlight control knob housing but there are so many wires i dont know which is the right one.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Quote:
Those instructions are great and all but with that setup they will be on all the time. I want to get it so they come on when the headlights are on. I was thinking to tap in to it from the headlight control knob housing but there are so many wires i dont know which is the right one.
No...with this set up it only comes on when the abl is supposed to come on. I have had this set up for 2 years and it works fine. It will also come on with the dome switch.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
jrast362

That method sounds great but it is not what I want. would like to have them come on when the head lights are on automatically. To do this I want to wire into the headlight control knob.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
That method sounds great but it is not what I want. would like to have them come on when the head lights are on automatically. To do this I want to wire into the headlight control knob.
Your ABL turns on when the headlights come on. Wiring it up as the previous poster explained will get you the end result you want.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Your ABL turns on when the headlights come on. Wiring it up as the previous poster explained will get you the end result you want.

Trust me Stig knows what he's talking about but don't take our word for it...go ahead and tear your car up.

Tags
interior accessories, light control knob, lights, wiring help