Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 07-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #71
Dave25
5GCRGV VP

Drives: V6 RS VR/NS-1 Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRgvZl1 View Post
how many are in ur crew?
Right now we have a total of 34 members
Dave25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #72
RjRgvZl1

Drives: Camaro Zl1
Id like to join I drive a grey camaro zl1
RjRgvZl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #73
Dave25
5GCRGV VP

Drives: V6 RS VR/NS-1 Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRgvZl1 View Post
Id like to join I drive a grey camaro zl1
PM sent!
Dave25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #74
camarohwk23
Camaro5line

Drives: 2012 Synergy Series 2SS/RS
Do you guys still meet in Harlingen or even have a car club anymore? Just wondering.
camarohwk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #75
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
The club still exist but they do not meet anymore in harlinegn, they abandonded this side and drifted to the macallen side of the RGV.

If you want to hang with a camaro club on this side come and see Camaro5line. They meet in brownsville. a great bunch of people.

Last edited by Mike2ss; 08-20-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Mike2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #76
camarohwk23
Camaro5line

I'm trying to get in a club that will actually work on their cars. Not just meet up and talkabout daily life all the time, not that anything is wrong with that from time to time. I want some opinons and help on mods for my car. If Camaro5line can do that, then I may just have to check them out.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #77
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
5GCRGV has people that work on their cars. You can ask and people will give you advice or offer their services.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #78
San Carlos HotRods
Don Juan De Caro's

Drives: 2012 2SS RS TF3 6M w/ Hurst Pkg. ,
San Carlos HotRods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #79
camarohwk23
Camaro5line

Well I hope to meet as many Camaro owners as i can. Camaro5line sounds like a good choice and looks like they are pretty active just from reading a couple of things from this forum. Just let me know when the next event is.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #80
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
I am partial to both, but to some degree have to say that 5GCRGV has abandoned it's core charter from the beginning, "an all valley club", they have migrated away from a total group look to a more younger group only.

Camaro5line has found a nich (at least for me) that 5GCRGV kinda forgot about, the founder of camaro5line was origiannly from 5GCRGV as were about 4-5 others.

If you want to hang out and work on your car go with 5line, if for nothing else that you live in harlingen.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #81
joe11ss
5GCRGV Member

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
5GCRGV

This thread was made for 5GCRGV and to hopefully recruit more members valley wide. I have been a member of this car club for a while now and I normally don't get involved with the drama. I can no longer sit here and let others bash our club. I do understand that we haven't met in the lower valley and that is something we need to work on. We will be coming back stronger than ever and we will continue to make this a valley wide car club. There have been comments about this club being a party club. If getting together on Thursday's for dinner, having bbqs so that members can get to know each other and help each other with mods or suggestions about mods, going to the track every now and then to race and have a good time, or holding special events such as baby showers for members is considered partying then I guess I'm a party animal. I do consider these members my family and will help them in any way I can. Some members of the club, as well as my brothers and brother in law and myself, have done several modifications to my car which include the razzi body kit, havoc wing, color changing halos, heritage grille, rotofab cold air intake, carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber trunk, and several members have offered their houses, garages, tools, and time to assist with any modifications that we as a group can assist with. Currently a member is helping me with a part to install the reverse tilt hood. The kit itself was not made for carbon fiber hoods due to the support at the front so a member of our club is assisting me with it. We do help each other as best we can. So, I would appreciate it if people would stop with the negative comments and if they are or were a member of our club, instead of saying negative things, they should be voicing their opinions and comments at the club meeting rather than on this forum. I'm sure these forums were made to help camaro owners, not put them down. We are not high school kids, we are grown men and most of us grown men with families. So let's talk about it like men and not like little kids through a forum.

If you all would like to see my car which was modified by myself, my family, and my 5GCRGV family here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/11reaperSS?ref=hl
joe11ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #82
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe11ss View Post
This thread was made for 5GCRGV and to hopefully recruit more members valley wide. I have been a member of this car club for a while now and I normally don't get involved with the drama. I can no longer sit here and let others bash our club. I do understand that we haven't met in the lower valley and that is something we need to work on. We will be coming back stronger than ever and we will continue to make this a valley wide car club. There have been comments about this club being a party club. If getting together on Thursday's for dinner, having bbqs so that members can get to know each other and help each other with mods or suggestions about mods, going to the track every now and then to race and have a good time, or holding special events such as baby showers for members is considered partying then I guess I'm a party animal. I do consider these members my family and will help them in any way I can. Some members of the club, as well as my brothers and brother in law and myself, have done several modifications to my car which include the razzi body kit, havoc wing, color changing halos, heritage grille, rotofab cold air intake, carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber trunk, and several members have offered their houses, garages, tools, and time to assist with any modifications that we as a group can assist with. Currently a member is helping me with a part to install the reverse tilt hood. The kit itself was not made for carbon fiber hoods due to the support at the front so a member of our club is assisting me with it. We do help each other as best we can. So, I would appreciate it if people would stop with the negative comments and if they are or were a member of our club, instead of saying negative things, they should be voicing their opinions and comments at the club meeting rather than on this forum. I'm sure these forums were made to help camaro owners, not put them down. We are not high school kids, we are grown men and most of us grown men with families. So let's talk about it like men and not like little kids through a forum.

If you all would like to see my car which was modified by myself, my family, and my 5GCRGV family here's the link.

I guess I'm a party animal as well.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #83
joe11ss
5GCRGV Member

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
5GCRGV

You all have to remember that not everyone has time when it comes to school and work. That's why it's very hard to get a lot of members to attend our meets. For example, I am going back to work. I will be taking 6 hours for my masters program, coaching UIL and chess club, which will take up my Saturdays, and only leaves me with my family BBQ Sundays. So I probably won't have time to attend as many meetings but that doesn't make me a bad member or this a bad club. Events such as baby showers take time to plan. Club meetings start from the staff. If the president is busy, then the vice president should step up. If the vice president is busy, then the next person in line steps up. Dave has been doing a remarkable job at planning our events. Then again, he's only 18 and fresh out of high school. As far as being wild, well I guess if spending time with the club at the events stated above is considered wild then I guess I'm wild too. We are trying to help out Dave as much as we can to get this club back to where it was before, but that starts with the older crowd first. Like I said, we are men and we are adults. Rather than sit back and just watch, do something about it. At the meeting we had, I never heard you speak out as far as what issues you were having. That would have been a perfect time since you were among several adults who do care what happens to the club. This may sound childish, but I'm asking that if negative comments are going to be said about our club, to please respect us enough not to do it on our thread. As I mentioned before, I don't think camaro5 created these forums for people to do this to other fellow camaro owners. We are here to help each other with the one thing we all have in common....our cars.
joe11ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #84
San Carlos HotRods
Don Juan De Caro's

Drives: 2012 2SS RS TF3 6M w/ Hurst Pkg. ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe11ss View Post

San Carlos HotRods is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5gcrgv, car club, rgv, rio grande valley, south texas