Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #71
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Ordering these too, will worry about the install when I take delivery - hopefully we'd have identified a few in the Texas area by then. Bumberas & ARD will be a couple of those that I will contact myself also.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #72
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Can somebody post up the price for the cams? Why are we PM-ing the price around as if it is top secret?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #73
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
Can somebody post up the price for the cams? Why are we PM-ing the price around as if it is top secret?
That's because it IS a secret.

Last posted was around 1500.00 IIRC.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #74
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
A little clarification - the cam price set by Mace is $1500 and he should get every penny as the is a Ton of money Steve has nvested to develop these and he's gambling on the outcome . Not trying to be rude or an ass just explaining my position. I'm $3500 into this and the car hasn't made it to the shop yet... Yeah, I know it's only money.

Now, I didn't pay the $1500 because I agreed to before and After dyno runs on just the cam install which means since we're adding heads and few other items my install casts are going to double. So the offset on the cam costs will help with the install costs and I intend to honor that arrangement with Steve.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #75
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
^^^^ Sweeet!!!!

Definitely want to see what the numbers are. Also definitely agree about Steve. He's a great guy and his products are really top notch. I don't have a problem paying for quality!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #76
11 Camaro IBM

Drives: Camaro IBM
Should be about 45rwhp with heads 60-70 i think I remember that correctly.
11 Camaro IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #77
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
That's because it IS a secret.

Last posted was around 1500.00 IIRC.
Hey you shoulda sent me that in a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Glide View Post
A little clarification - the cam price set by Mace is $1500 and he should get every penny as the is a Ton of money Steve has nvested to develop these and he's gambling on the outcome . Not trying to be rude or an ass just explaining my position. I'm $3500 into this and the car hasn't made it to the shop yet... Yeah, I know it's only money.

Now, I didn't pay the $1500 because I agreed to before and After dyno runs on just the cam install which means since we're adding heads and few other items my install casts are going to double. So the offset on the cam costs will help with the install costs and I intend to honor that arrangement with Steve.
Sweet. This is what makes forums great so the info is there for everyone to see.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #78
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:

so install costs for cams including porting head work is going to set you back $3k ? damn, I need to make this a DIY job.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #79
11 Camaro IBM

I hope you can I'll go help you as much as I can because I can't spend the price of cams plus the install. I'm in Kyle.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #80
Yellow_Glide

Cams 1500, heads 1200, timing chains 400, install 1000 to 1200. Figure couple hundred for tune/dyno time, figure another hundred or two for misc. if you want to round out the setup add approx 500 for lowed control arms / subframe bushings. If you want to be in the safe side throw in another 500 for meth injection.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #81
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Cams 1500, heads 1200, timing chains 400, install 1000 to 1200. Figure couple hundred for tune/dyno time, figure another hundred or two for misc. if you want to round out the setup add approx 500 for lowed control arms / subframe bushings. If you want to be in the safe side throw in another 500 for meth injection.
I'd kind of expect the heads to be around that price if that's all they were doing but seeing as they are stripping down to install the cams anyway I'd think they could better that price.

Also looking the the install guide from MACE, I didn't think we needed timing chains (just the special tool which can be bought for ~$40). Also regarding the tune - this would have to be provided by Trifecta and if you own the cable wouldn't this be free? I thought Vince only charged an extra $100 for FI tunes....
Old 08-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #82
esponda

Drives: V6 LT/RS
Actually I think the timing chain upgrade is especially important for you since yours is a 2010. Apparently the late 2011 chain is beefier. As for the trifecta tune I don't know if this will cost extra yet haven't tried contacting about it.

Really want to get heads too, so I'm gonna try to figure out how to do both. Maybe I'll do a before and after dyno as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPaul View Post
I'd kind of expect the heads to be around that price if that's all they were doing but seeing as they are stripping down to install the cams anyway I'd think they could better that price.

Also looking the the install guide from MACE, I didn't think we needed timing chains (just the special tool which can be bought for ~$40). Also regarding the tune - this would have to be provided by Trifecta and if you own the cable wouldn't this be free? I thought Vince only charged an extra $100 for FI tunes....
esponda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #83
11 Camaro IBM

Ok guys just got back from my dealership they quoted me at 810 installed I told them in was an aftermarket replacement cams.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #84
Yellow_Glide

UPgrading the timing chain is important on the early cars since there has been bulletins on this. About like putting in new cams / heads and reusing the head gaskets.

I wouldnt.