Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #113
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Tikki Tavi View Post
The Zl1 isnt an SS with a supercharger. While its true you may be able to make an SS faster for cheaper, What about the beefed up rear end? The MRC? Not to mention the engine isnt simply an LS3 with a supercharger.
You're searching for amenities on a car that doesn't have what you're looking for. What you want is badges on a ZL-1 I'm guessing? The Z is not the car for you. I didn't buy my SS for women. I bought the most modern day muscle car at the time from Chevrolet. The Z is what I would've wanted. Just not at the price they're going to charge. It's def got the goods I want. So we'll see if it depreciates a little in value over time and maybe I may get one. If not ill buy something else and turn it into a racer for cheaper.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #114
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Chevy Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
No I do. It seems you are the one that doesn't get the point of the Z/28. It's not for people who car more about the number of speakers their car has or how many ways their seat adjusts. It's for people who want to drive around a race track as fast as possible while driving the car home. It's for people who want to say their Camaro can run with cars costing twice as much money.

The car isn't for you but I would kill to get one.
I absolutely get the point. Just not for 60-70 thousand dollars. Its bad enough to go backward, its even worse when it cost more money to do it.
Rikki Tikki Tavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #115
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
That's because that's not what the car was made for.
+1

Sometimes I am embarassed to be a member of this forum.

Complainers:

It is basically a race car... it is not all that street friendly. Most people would not like riding in it. If that includes you, get over it; you're not as hard core as you thought... no shame in that.

It will be expensive to purchase and expensive to maintain... if money is at all a concern, this car is not for you.

GM doesn't really care how many of these cars they sell; they only care that it exists.

GM has been up front and candid about what this car is and what it isn't... so just accept it and move on.

Whining about what this car will cost and what it isn't good for is about as stupid as a farmer looking at a thoroughbred horse and complaining that it is expensive and won't pull a plow.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #116
Wizard1183

Quote:
I wouldn't tell my male friends I spent that much on a stripped down Camaro. And I wholeheartedly agree this car is not meant to be a daily driver. So why tout it as such?

My point is why so much for so little?
Because its a track car. You're just given a right to drive it on the street. They wanted it to be what it was in the late 60s early 70s. The COPO is just a shell with a race car underneath and look at the price?

Your male friends would be idiots if you bought this car and they thought you were stupid. This is a machine. Pure and simple a beast! Who gives a **** what anyone thinks if you spend the money on this? I don't buy shit for others' satisfaction. I buy it for mine. So should you.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #117
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Why can't you get a trailer hitch from the factory on the Z/28? What good is a vehicle with 500 HP costing $60,000+ and can't even be used to pull a trailer to the track. I guess I will just need to leave my grill and tent and my cooler at home. That car is totally useless....
Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #118
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
You're searching for amenities on a car that doesn't have what you're looking for. What you want is badges on a ZL-1 I'm guessing? The Z is not the car for you. I didn't buy my SS for women. I bought the most modern day muscle car at the time from Chevrolet. The Z is what I would've wanted. Just not at the price they're going to charge. It's def got the goods I want. So we'll see if it depreciates a little in value over time and maybe I may get one. If not ill buy something else and turn it into a racer for cheaper.
Lol I dont buy cars for women. If that was the case I woukdve bought a corvette. My point is its not worth that much money. GM should've dropped an LS7 in an SS, add MRC, tune it to 540 horsepower or in that ball park, add carbon fiber parts for weight, add a carbon fiber drive shaft, Recaros, hell even remove the back seat, or make it easily removed. Then offer it for 70 Gs and market it as the best Camaro.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #119
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Quote:
Because its a track car. You're just given a right to drive it on the street. They wanted it to be what it was in the late 60s early 70s. The COPO is just a shell with a race car underneath and look at the price?

Your male friends would be idiots if you bought this car and they thought you were stupid. This is a machine. Pure and simple a beast! Who gives a **** what anyone thinks if you spend the money on this? I don't buy shit for others' satisfaction. I buy it for mine. So should you.
Lets be realistic. Its not worth the money. Id be surprised if anyone in your circle made a dumb decision and you not call them on it. Basically, your saying you know its not worth the money, but you dont care. I do.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #120
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
I absolutely get the point. Just not for 60-70 thousand dollars. Its bad enough to go backward, its even worse when it cost more money to do it.
So if it came with 9 speakers and standard A/C, you would be tripping all over yourself just to get it?

How is this going backwards? Since when did speakers make a car modern? This car goes forward in a different direction than what you want.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #121
Wizard1183

Quote:
Lets be realistic. Its not worth the money. Id be surprised if anyone in your circle made a dumb decision and you not call them on it. Basically, your saying you know its not worth the money, but you dont care. I do.
Well honestly if it goes for 60 it is worth it. He'll it really doesn't matter what they cost because I firmly believe it'll be a collectors car. I'm really wishing for nothing that the car depreciates in value. It's not a dumb decision. I wouldn't say it's def an investment but its more likely to go up in value than down. Question is will they have an audience for it in 40-50 yrs?

Old 04-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #122
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
So if it came with 9 speakers and standard A/C, you would be tripping all over yourself just to get it?

How is this going backwards? Since when did speakers make a car modern? This car goes forward in a different direction than what you want.
Lol No. But one speaker? Come on. Besides, its not just the speaker. Youre just being silly. Its what youre getting for the price.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #123
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Quote:
Well honestly if it goes for 60 it is worth it. He'll it really doesn't matter what they cost because I firmly believe it'll be a collectors car. I'm really wishing for nothing that the car depreciates in value. It's not a dumb decision. I wouldn't say it's def an investment but its more likely to go up in value than down. Question is will they have an audience for it in 40-50 yrs?
I dont know if itll be a collector car. People throw that around way too much. The guys that woukd be willing to purchase this car for three or four times its value 50 years from now will be dead. The only way I see it being a collector is if GM drastically limits its production. Similar to the 00 Cobra R.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #124
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Lol No. But one speaker? Come on. Besides, its not just the speaker. Youre just being silly. Its what youre getting for the price.
Hand built 7.0 liter V8 capable of revving to 7k rpm with dry sump system
Unique forged aluminim wheels
60 treadwear street legal racing tires
Carbon ceramic brakes
6 piston calipers
Recaro seats
DSSV dampeners
Tuned suspension
Better aero

Yeah, this car doesn't come with shit. I don't get why they are charging so much for it.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #125
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
'60's SS Impalas and Vettes are worth thousands more with factory radio and especially heater delete. I have a '63-64 Impala SS radio delete plate and have never seen another ever. My '77 RS had no air- I couldn't afford it ! I never listen to my radio in my '13!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #126
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Ya wanna play, ya gotta pay... They just don't want any Bozo to want one. It takes a special breed. If you don't see the value in a car like this, then they make something else for you.