Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #57
MuscleCarz

Drives: 5.4 3v

Maybe you forgot he has "racing history".

I'm sure if you watched Hot Import Nights, you would too!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #58
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
No not stock because its a front wheel drive sport coupe. But once you mod them the right way you can which you dont really see very many mustangs moded on the road so they are left in the dust of an import. My 04 eclipse is still stock and is not moded the 97 I owned was thats where I have compared it to the mustangs I used to leave with frowns. I just wish that Ford would go out of business seriously they very seldom even change their mustangs looks or performance and they all almost look the same its too boring.

How can a car company build a 98 mustang and the car has so much body roll its unreal. When I turned in my 97 Eclipse which was a year older mind you there was no body roll it felt like you were one with the car when you turned. Same with my friends 98 Camaro no body roll but there was some slight rattling sounds but the body never swayed like the Mustang did. Maybe Ford has improved the handling on their new 2005-2010 model because I never have driven one of those but judging by the 98' style I wouldnt want to either.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #59
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Whatever you say how is an 04 eclipse with only 14,600 miles on it an old car? And yeah a Shelby will beat an Eclipse but not a Mustang Cobra, GT or base model mustang. Me and my friend used to own mustangs all the time in our eclipses. He had a 95 eclipse and I had a 97 they would always get mad when the eclipses with flames on the side would pull up. We moded our cars to own. You all actually think I could beat them in just a four cylinder your crazy. And the new fourth gen eclipse currently out is alright but I dont care for the body style as oppossed to the second and third gens I own. The new one has a weird body style much like the fourth gen Camaro did.

Wow you people must not know much about the import world watch hot import nights on speed sometime or something. Theres more to racing than a 2010 Mustang that has a sorry 315 horses vs. a v6 Camaro that has 304 hp. Thats sad most of the Mustang GTs will be getting blown away by v6's when they have a v8. The only thing you have is a Shelby GT as far as horsepower goes. And what will Ford do once the Z28 comes out and has better horsepower. Oh let me guess the sales will be better on the Mustang even though the car isn't fast hmm that makes alot of sense.

You fail again (i'm sure nobody is surprised) the v6 camaro will not beat a new GT it doesnt have the torque. also you know peoplle do not simply purchase cars because they have more horsepower than another right?
it's clear to all of us you dont know what you are talking about.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #60
fasstgsxr

Drives: camaro,stang and some gsxr's
LOL... 04 V6 eclipse's run mid 15's in the 1/4
Old 06-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #61
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
I dont have any videos but I can get some pics. And to the idiot that says "he has racing history" did you not read that I have a drag manza car too. I'm not biased like some people and only drive American and clearly most people in America aren't either or GM, Ford,Chrysler wouldnt be in the shape their in. What racing history do you have??? let me guess a 265 hp Mustang
v6 or a 315 hp v8.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #62
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
And to unfair you don't know anything obviously. I just used the Fast & Furious line as a joke did you not see what I said afterwards? Your just mad still that I owned you and your 4th gen earlier in the post and you couldnt think of a logical excuse to what I said because there isnt any. I have driven my friends silver 98 Camaro too the same body style that you have and I enjoyed it alot more than the 98 mustang that my sister owned but the car still wasnt made nearly as well as my mitsubishis plus the 4th gen camaro just isn't an attractive car to drive around in waaay too long and not very sporty. I thought they were outdated in 2002 when they stopped making them and I read later on that they really wanted to stop making them in 97 but finished it for 02 instead its in the 40th anniversary Camaro book so your lucky to even be driving that car. At least my Eclipse's are built better and look better too.
you want me to argue with you about what you think of my car i couldnt care less what you think of my car that is why i didn't respond earlier, had your brain been more usefull than an inflatable dart board you would have caught on earlier.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #63
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
ok no video i guess so maybe at least a pic??
Old 06-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #64
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
I can't believe you guys took the bait. This guy, whoever he is, is just yanking your chains.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #65
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
o sorry i didn't see your post about no videos so yeah lets see some pics

and im not doubting a modded eclipse can't out run a mustang because i had a buddy that had a turbo'ed eclipse that was worked over pretty good and that could scoot but he bumped the boost up to high and blew the engine in less than a month so they just got rid of it because it wasn't worth the rebuild to them
Old 06-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #66
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you are making us Chevy owners look bad
Agreed.

I'm not even gonna bother handing out warnings and infractions. I'd be banning half the people in this thread...

So, for future reference. Don't troll here. Mustang and Camaro owners alike. We have no problems with our Mustang members. They have a respectful understanding that we won't tolerate camaro bashing and we will respect the mustang for its success.

Keep this in mind the next time anyone decides to make a thread with this tone...

Closed.

Closed Thread