Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #43
DanD

Drives: 6 camaros
the tips need to be at least as far as the plastic.. The exhaust can not get any hotter than what it is stock.. better flow would IMO make it cooler. I think they just left them in a 1/2 to an inch too far.
1968 383 Camaro
1968 327 Camaro Convertible
1967 RS 327
1967 Pro-Tour LS3 in progress
DanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #44
cmgolfr212

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS with SLP SC
I hate to say it but thats what you get when you take your car to a chain service company. I went to Jiffy Lube one time in Jacksonville with my WRX and they lost 2 of my lugnuts. I donno why they even jacked my car up since they have the hole in the floor for oil changes but needless to say, you might want to take it to a reputable place. "its the midais touuuchhh"
cmgolfr212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #45
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgolfr212 View Post
I hate to say it but thats what you get when you take your car to a chain service company. I went to Jiffy Lube one time in Jacksonville with my WRX and they lost 2 of my lugnuts. I donno why they even jacked my car up since they have the hole in the floor for oil changes but needless to say, you might want to take it to a reputable place. "its the midais touuuchhh"
I guess you didn't read that my
dealer did it. Lol...plus, I have had lexus, acura, lincoln, chevy, lambo, Ferrari, and Aston Martin and maserati techs work on my cars. Not one of them is as good as
leesburg Midas. I wish they DID install them. I wouldn't be having this problem if they did.
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #46
cmgolfr212

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS with SLP SC
"work on my cars."

What other cars do you own as a 17 year old?
cmgolfr212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #47
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
That's total crap, they're trying to cover their own asses. For what reason, I don't know....because all they have to do is warranty the plastic.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #48
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLJumper View Post
dealer did it. Lol...plus, I have had lexus, acura, lincoln, chevy, lambo, Ferrari, and Aston Martin and maserati techs work on my cars. Not one of them is as good as
leesburg Midas. I wish they DID install them. I wouldn't be having this problem if they did.
WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Midas!!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #49
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #50
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
What about an insulator or heat shield between the pipes and the surface of the plastics ?

Edit- Now that I think about it .... the Engineers were kinda stupid for surrounding exhaust which reaches 100+ degrees with plastic ... the Challenger is the same way ....they could of use fiberglass or sometype of cheap carbon fiber .... America really need to stop with the plastics

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #51
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
The dealer did install your exhaust THEN you took it to MIDAS and had it modified by them...so I'd say the dealer is off the hook since you didn't give them a chance to fix what you claim they messed up BEFORE you had it modified by a third party. Cutting a pipe to install a diverter most definitely could cause what we are seeing here.

If the dealer does fix this...they deserve a big thank you. Midas would NEVER touch one of my cars.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #52
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Where are you guys ordering your GMPP exhausts? I couldn't find them on the GMPP website???
Old 08-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #53
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh View Post
Where are you guys ordering your GMPP exhausts? I couldn't find them on the GMPP website???
Well, My parts guy DAVE is selling them - a he's shipped quite a few!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28306
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #54
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLJumper View Post

There is more to this story than being told here.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:32 AM   #55
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
I just got done installing ARH longtubes and Magnaflow street catback (as soon as I get the damn clamps to stop leaking, I'll post a vid). But I had alot of problems aligning the driver's side exhaust tip. Since the two systems arent designed to work together, I finally broke down and called a custom exhaust shop to make some new connection pipes and do it right...

What im getting at is that for 2 days my tips were sitting VERY close to the edges of the plastic... and they didnt burn or melt them at all. Im not sure of the heat wicking properties of stainless versus oem exhaust material, that may have something to do with it...

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:50 AM   #56
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
I just got done installing ARH longtubes and Magnaflow street catback (as soon as I get the damn clamps to stop leaking, I'll post a vid). But I had alot of problems aligning the driver's side exhaust tip. Since the two systems arent designed to work together, I finally broke down and called a custom exhaust shop to make some new connection pipes and do it right...

What im getting at is that for 2 days my tips were sitting VERY close to the edges of the plastic... and they didnt burn or melt them at all. Im not sure of the heat wicking properties of stainless versus oem exhaust material, that may have something to do with it...

Something very weird happened to his car (got very over heated by the look of the tips). And if the tips were sitting real close to his car, they could definately melt it.
I have the GMPP off road version axle back on my car. It has the same exhaust tips as the regular GMPP exhaust. Yesterday, on a 90+ degree day I drove around for long time and then went to a spot I know about to practice doing launches. I did a bunch of launches with lots of wheel spin. Of course, my engine was pretty hot after that. I kept checking my GMPP exhaust tips just to be sure nothing was melting. My tips still looked new, and no meltiing. So I don't see this as a GMPP exhaust issue.
I still can't figure out why the inside of his tips look like they were on fire? After 2 weeks of hard driving, my tips still look new.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote