Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #141
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyt2528 View Post
And just because you guys may of got a junk car for your first to learn the value dosnt mean getting a new car the first time won't teach someone to appreciate what they have..
To be fair, getting ANY car at 16 should teach someone to appreciate what they have.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #142
Krazyt2528

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
To be fair, getting ANY car at 16 should teach someone to appreciate what they have.

Very true.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #143
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Quote:
Saying it like this is fine. It is not saying anything dumb about wrapping your car around a tree if someone dosnt get it like you others have previously said...
Yeah there is no room for judging those you dont know. Im just saying the Geo got like 60 MPG ha ha
Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #144
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yup and not the 1st time for here... as long as it doesn't get into the normal bash fest it can still be fun.
I just find it interesting (and sometimes disturbing) how folks feel about this issue. Good stuff!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #145
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
This thread has been bugging me....Op, do you own a Camaro or just looking at one for your son? If you don't own one then go drive one, let your son drive one, rent one for a weekend and see if its even a good fit. See how your son handles it. People have voiced pros and cons, you need to figure it out now instead of debating with a bunch of strangers.

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you both.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #146
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK View Post
haha^^^ I got my 2LT at 16 in my junior year of high school. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he will be egged on to show off. I have never gotten a ticket or been pulled over or anything. I am very fortunate to have this car and have WAYYY too much respect for my parents, myself, and the car to abuse what I have been blessed with. Could I have gotten a 2SS when we were buying it, possibly, but it wasnt realistic as I drive it every day. The V6 is plenty of power and no less of a responsibility to keep control of. Coming from someone who was, and still is as im only 18 now, in the same position as this kid I can say that no matter how responsible he may be, he WILL be tested constantly by his peers and other drivers.
Bravo! Well said.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 05-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #147
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhurst View Post
He asked for opinions I get that but why all the hostility?

It's not like him buying a car for his son is gonna hurt any of us, heck odds are none of us will ever even meet him or his son.

We all have Camaros so it's not like he is gonna 1up anyone here, so whats the big deal?
Those of us who think OP has a bad idea are not concerned with one-upmanship. We're concerned with reality and common sense and, in rather point-blank ways, displaying sincere concern for his young son's safety.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #148
PalmerGA

Quote:
Another person that realizes too many people are going way to serious about a simple question I asked. Makes me wonder why I even served for this country if people are just going to blow there life away at being ignorant on a forum. Thankyou alanhurst
Not a necessary dig. You asked. We responded. If you are doubting the worth of your service based on what you read here... YOU, sir, have the problem with ignorance.

Sorry you're not getting everyone to give you the response you wanted.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #149
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Another person that realizes too many people are going way to serious about a simple question I asked. Makes me wonder why I even served for this country if people are just going to blow there life away at being ignorant on a forum. Thankyou alanhurst
Well that pretty much sums it up for me.

Tell your dad thanks for his service as you obviously have not served. Hopefully you will someday.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #150
duffman

Drives: 67 firebird
Sweet guess the kid should be happy for having such awesome parents. when I was 16 I started saving every dime hoping to get a new Camaro since I wanted something different since some kids at my school got BMW,Mercedes and 350z and other fun cars as well as driving my mother's old ford taurus wasn't really the coolest car in school. After finishing high school and still working and saving every penny hoping to get a new Camaro my dad eventually found this old 67 Pontiac firebird project that's been sitting in this guys shed for 15 years and since my dad only believes the only real muscle cars are the old 60s/70s era ones he bought it(well technically he bought and I payed him half the money back as a half and half deal) brought it home and said fix it and its yours. Hope your kid doesn't get nag by idiot friends to street race.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #151
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
got any good stories regarding sexual shenanigans and your Camaro?
No comment.....

(Maybe start another thread)
Old 05-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #152
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
So my granddaughter is turning three and I'm going to buy her a new car. Did I say buy her a new car, I mean she's going to pay for part of it. Maybe all of it. It just depends on how I want to look to you all when I'm posting. She does really good in school. She can count to 25 easily & knows her ABC's. She's mature for her age since she can poop by herself now.

Should I go 6 volt or 12 volt? Just wondering because I figure a bunch of people I don't know would know her better than I do. She has grown up around AC and DC voltage so I'm comfortable with her being able to go up to 5mph, but I just figured I need some reinforcement from strangers. Plus I need to point out that I have the ability to pay cash for this car. Please don't flame me else I'll just have to point out how jealous you must be.

I'm looking for all opinions but really only for those that reinforce what I'd like to hear. Else your opinion is just stupid and full of petty jealousy.

12 volt, with a supercharger
Old 05-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #153
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Quote:
And just because you guys may of got a junk car for your first to learn the value dosnt mean getting a new car the first time won't teach someone to appreciate what they have..

if you didnt want peoples opinions, you shouldnt of asked

Closed Thread