Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Am17

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS, Ashen Grey
Radio freezing up on startup?

So I'm having a problem with my cars radio where it freezes up within 10 seconds of me starting it up. I can't change the channel, volume and all sound is muted along with a frozen display on my radio. After pressing just about every button on my car I learned that pressing the Onstar button will result in a "Thank You, Goodbye" message with everything functioning normally again. This problem only occurs if I have my auxillary cable plugged in though (I've tried using multiple auxiliary cables and they all result in the same problem).
Am17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
My radio in the G8 freezes up once in a while on start up we have to shut the car off to reset it. The red and black lines almost look like static you see on a TV set.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Test drove an '11 2SS and the radio looked like something from the 1970s.

Stuck on some spanish station.
I was expecting Hendrix or Joplin after seeing the display.

The salesman had me pull it right into service and told them it needs a new radio. But I shut it off and when they restarted it they said it was fine

Didn't matter to me because it wasn't the car I bought.
No issues in two years with the Camaro I bought.

Hello Comrando,

Glad to hear you had no issues in two years and hopeful for continued great quality going forward. In the event an issue arises, you are welcome to use us as a resource here as well. Enjoy!

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am17 View Post
So I'm having a problem with my cars radio where it freezes up within 10 seconds of me starting it up. I can't change the channel, volume and all sound is muted along with a frozen display on my radio. After pressing just about every button on my car I learned that pressing the Onstar button will result in a "Thank You, Goodbye" message with everything functioning normally again. This problem only occurs if I have my auxillary cable plugged in though (I've tried using multiple auxiliary cables and they all result in the same problem).

Hello Am17,

Sorry for the radio issues you're having. Have you had the opportunity to speak to your dealer about the issue's you're having?

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care