Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Hennessey accessories bleh

Don't know about you all but it really annoys me when i buy something and it's not exactly as i expected. Prefer to be told upfront i will be receiving a totally different brand product made by someone else.

I purchased a set of billet strut tower caps from Hennessey. (nowhere does it say not made by them or even branded by them) Package arrived from Drake automotive with my caps in it. Made in Taiwan and distributed in a blister pack from drakemusclecars.com Went to their site, called them up and could have gotten the same caps from them for $5.00 less.. All Hennessey did was take the order, pass it along to Drake who fulfilled it for me and made $5 off me for it. Many of the accessories on Hennessey site have the part # CA- If it does it isn't a Hennessey product and is made in China or Taiwan.

Last edited by daveagogo1; 02-28-2011 at 09:11 PM.
daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Have you never ordered from anyone online before? Everyone does that.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Really? The five other sites that I looked at with this part last night specificallly says by drake. Do you ever have anything useful to post other than smartass comments? Been shopping online much longer than you have I bet. Thanks for another worthless post.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Really? The five other sites that I looked at with this part last night specificallly says by drake. Do you ever have anything useful to post other than smartass comments? Been shopping online much longer than you have I bet. Thanks for another worthless post.
Wasn't being a smart ass, this time, LOL
I take it you haven't tried calling Hennessey? I ordered a shifter from LSR performance. It was by far the best deal. When I got the shifter it came from Steeda in a Steeda box. It was obviously a drop shipped part. Did i get pissed off? No. Why would I, even though LSR's website didn't say it was a Steeda shifter it is still exactly what i ordered.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

I get your point I really do but, on the hennessey site. Many items listed state the manufacturer of the item if it isn't hennessey. This item gave no other manufacturer so naturally I assumed it would be a hennessey part. Yes I know don't ever assume. Just irks me that I ended up with a cheap made. In china product. As I stated before 5 other sites I checked the part number against last night clearly state who the manufacturer of the part is. Only one who didn't was hennessey. That is what annoys me. Sorry if I took it out on u though. Free world post as you wish.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
dave@hennessey

Drives: Porsche 997 TT
daveagogo1,

Please contact me at dave@hennesseyperformance.com and we will be happy to square things away with you. We never want anyone who is not satisfied with a purchase or our service.
dave@hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave@hennessey View Post
daveagogo1,

Please contact me at dave@hennesseyperformance.com and we will be happy to square things away with you. We never want anyone who is not satisfied with a purchase or our service.

Email sent.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Just an update. Dave the GM at Hennessey has offered to take the parts back. Also offered a full refund with return shipping as well. He explained to me that on the website they only list the brand names of big name brands and not for the lesser known branded products.

Very stand up of him and Hennessey.