Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #309
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
My personal experience with Panamera owners (2 that I personally know) is they are diehard "car guys" but REALLY diehard Porsche guys, first and foremost! And BOTH consider them as suitable replacements for their former Cayennes. BOTH are Turbos, too.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #310
orthojoe

Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY J View Post
Funny
I know 7 guys who own 911's that also own Panameras (they've had them out a out local cars&coffee events)
Their thoughts are the exact opposite of yours and they stated that they get more looks conversations with the panamera than they do with the 997 or 996 cars they own.
Too each his own I guess.
cars and coffee is the keyword there. C&C people are a different breed than a track rat. Zfatuated is a track rat. Panny is an abomination made to fleece the Porsche wanna-bes of the world who have no clue what a real sports car is about. They just want the badge. Much like the many of the z/28 wanna be's around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
I agree. For someone daily driving this car, they are going to be shelling out BIG money for new rotors and pads on that car.
Not true. If you only daily drive on carbon ceramics, they will never wear out. Ever. Street use won't wear down carbon ceramics. If you track it properly, they WILL wear out. Just not as quickly.

Last edited by orthojoe; 04-27-2013 at 08:13 PM.
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #311
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
^^^^^^^^^^^
Spoken like a guy who's only driven cars on the video game he's playing and has no real seat time or understanding of either car.
Lol

Last edited by TOBY J; 04-27-2013 at 10:22 PM.
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #312
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Wow, has this thread gotten way off course!!! How about you guys reeling in those massive monsters you're sporting and bring the discussion back on track.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #313
orthojoe

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Spoken like a guy who's only driven cars on the video game he's playing and has no real seat time or understanding of either car.
Lol
Really? What makes you think that? Feeling a bit uncomfortable about my assertions?
More like:
Spoken like a guy that actually knows what he's talking about and actually takes his car to the track on frequent basis and isn't half bad at it:

Care to retract your statement? Care to share your own track experience other than on a video game machine? My Porsche had carbon ceramics on it. I removed them because they were wearing away after only 5 track days. Personal experience. How about you, pal? I understand plenty and do all the work on my cars myself. Be careful on assumptions and who you pick fights with, buddy. Watch towards the end of the first video if you want to see me pass some Chevy power. Enjoy sipping your coffee with all the other posers. See you at the track.....Chum...mmmmP

Last edited by orthojoe; 04-27-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #314
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
This isn't going to end well

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #315
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
This isn't going to end well

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:40 AM   #316
TOBY J

lol- see you've edited your post since calling people POSERS
who's talking about taking cars to the track??? 90% of people who own hi line cars do not track them.

i'll just take the higher road sir and leave it at this.
you say most Z28 guys are posers (before editing)- nice assumption and then you make me chuckle even further with the 911 and panamera comparison (before editing). no one is dropping 150- 180k on panamera thinking it's a true sports car.
they are buying an extremely fast 4 door sedan that handles much like a sports car.

END OF STORY
thanks for playing.
have a nice week
Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #317
orthojoe

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Lol
You tried to call me out as a guy that has no track experience or any experience with cars. I made you eat crow. Simple as that. Again, would you care to retract your statement?

Quote:
lol- see you've edited your post since calling people POSERS
who's talking about taking cars to the track??? 90% of people who own hi line cars do not track them.
My edit was to ADD the poser statement, not delete. Go back and re-read. It's still there. Nothing deleted only ADDED. The majority of sports car owners ARE posers. They just don't want to admit it. I don't have a problem with it unless they start talking shit to people that DO know what they are talking about. The Z/28 is meant to be driven at the track. Posers like you and your buddies will buy them to show off at cars and coffee. Nothing wrong with that if that is your thing, just don't pretend to know that you know what you're talking about.

Quote:
no one is dropping 150- 180k on panamera thinking it's a true sports car.
they are buying an extremely fast 4 door sedan that handles much like a sports car.
Sure they are. They buy, think they can drive fast, and babble about nonsense at cars and coffee.

Last edited by orthojoe; 04-28-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: ADDED stuff and corrected spelling
Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #318
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
Not true. If you only daily drive on carbon ceramics, they will never wear out. Ever. Street use won't wear down carbon ceramics. If you track it properly, they WILL wear out. Just not as quickly.
I'm not so sure about "never". They definitely will wear more/quicker during tracking, which is pretty obvious.
Here is a statement I found online, and they are taking about a Ferrari here, but you get the point; “This feature means that the wear resistance of Carbon Ceramic Material guarantees an approximate disc life of 150,000 km (93,000 miles) for road use and 2,000 km (2,400 miles) for extreme track use (e.g. Ferrari Challenge),” Michelini said.
Not that you should believe every and anything you read online, but just a quick search brought me that.
Here is the web page if interested,
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ic-brakes.html
Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #319
Bomino

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Really? What makes you think that? Feeling a bit uncomfortable about my assertions?
More like:
Spoken like a guy that actually knows what he's talking about and actually takes his car to the track on frequent basis and isn't half bad at it:

Care to retract your statement? Care to share your own track experience other than on a video game machine? My Porsche had carbon ceramics on it. I removed them because they were wearing away after only 5 track days. Personal experience. How about you, pal? I understand plenty and do all the work on my cars myself. Be careful on assumptions and who you pick fights with, buddy. Watch towards the end of the first video if you want to see me pass some Chevy power. Enjoy sipping your coffee with all the other posers. See you at the track.....Chum...mmmmP
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #320
TOBY J

again:
you drive a car around a track and that makes you an EXPERT about people being posers or their every day driving choices for cars they choose or drive? too funny considering 90% will never see a track
poser to me = a guy with a boxster pretending it's a 911.

So driving a Z28 and not tracking = poser owning a 4 door porsche = poser ???

i'm confused by your car assumptions, they seem be like the following scenario.
example: a GTR IS A GREAT TRACK CAR but makes a POOR every day driver
for most. However using the logic you seem to be projecting that would be a great everyday driver because it goes around a track well

I'm sorry to be in a discussion with a guy who's an "expert" such as yourself.

Last edited by TOBY J; 04-28-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #321
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
More like:

Old 04-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #322
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
lol
again
you drive a car around a track and that makes you an EXPERT about people being posers or their every day driving choices for cars they choose or drive? too funny
poser to me = a guy with a boxster pretending it's a 911.

So driving a Z28 and not tracking = poser owning a 4 door porsche = poser ???

i'm confused by your car assumptions, they seem be like the following scenario.
example: a GTR IS A GREAT TRACK CAR but makes a POOR every day driver
for most. However using the logic you seem to be projecting that would be a great everyday driver because it goes around a track well

You've turned left when everyone else in the thread went right.