Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 06-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #25089
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Yes they do but if your tranny fails they could say the extra horsepower caused it. Camino is friendly like that according to Rob and Trish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
I'll check with Rob Or Sara on it. Yeah could be right but I'm no racing it just auto x. Did all that to the 98 and no problem
. Trannys are usally undrated as to what they can handle anyway to caover the mfg butt.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #25090
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
JBA has it on the web site. Will see if on headers or a sticker
They are still pending the certification number, just looked at their web site.
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #25091
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
I'll check with Rob Or Sara on it. Yeah could be right but I'm no racing it just auto x. Did all that to the 98 and no problem
. Trannys are usally undrated as to what they can handle anyway to caover the mfg butt.
I'm sure they are underrated but if it fails you kniw they would blame that. You would never get the full amount out of shorties without a tune anyway so might as well get the long tubes. Personally I wouldn't do it if you worry about warranty, work on something else like the seat belts Rob uses to keep you in place or driver mod lol

Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #25092
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
I'm sure they are underrated but if it fails you kniw they would blame that. You would never get the full amount out of shorties without a tune anyway so might as well get the long tubes. Personally I wouldn't do it if you worry about warranty, work on something else like the seat belts Rob uses to keep you in place or driver mod lol

Yeah thats true Not concerned to much about the warranty,Never had problems on the other cars and thats at 90000 or even 300000 miles like on the 83 z28 and both had tunes and all bolt ons and this motor is stronger, so is the trans. But there is that one time that something will go wrong! As to belts I dont go fast enough...lol More driver mod but finding out its hard for me to go 100%, All these years in traffic and my gas foot so used to not hitting the gas it doesnt do what I tell it to anymore..lol

As to long tubes I agree and may go that route. In 4.5 years I will have to take off and put stock stuff on, figure 600 for that,then every two years till I sell it(soon thereafter) If My muffler guy is retired or Mikes not around have to go elsewhere.
My main things are they are alot louder, may have to go with my magnaflow mufflers and J pipes for sure, but can be done, hear thats a nice setup, and cops maybe looking at this stuff more in the future and big fines there.

Other choice, F it and do it anyway...lol Told Doris that today and she agrees, I have 4-6 years left as I dont see myself in my 60's doing this stuff anyway so do it now

On another note Jason saw Taylors Camaro at the Camaro show today
Old 06-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #25093

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Yeah thats true Not concerned to much about the warranty,Never had problems on the other cars and thats at 90000 or even 300000 miles like on the 83 z28 and both had tunes and all bolt ons and this motor is stronger, so is the trans. But there is that one time that something will go wrong! As to belts I dont go fast enough...lol More driver mod but finding out its hard for me to go 100%, All these years in traffic and my gas foot so used to not hitting the gas it doesnt do what I tell it to anymore..lol

As to long tubes I agree and may go that route. In 4.5 years I will have to take off and put stock stuff on, figure 600 for that,then every two years till I sell it(soon thereafter) If My muffler guy is retired or Mikes not around have to go elsewhere.
My main things are they are alot louder, may have to go with my magnaflow mufflers and J pipes for sure, but can be done, hear thats a nice setup, and cops maybe looking at this stuff more in the future and big fines there.

Other choice, F it and do it anyway...lol Told Doris that today and she agrees, I have 4-6 years left as I dont see myself in my 60's doing this stuff anyway so do it now

On another note Jason saw Taylors Camaro at the Camaro show today
Yeah, when you hit sixty might as well throw in the towel...what's the use?...lol...I got a few months left, then just gonna hit the rocking-chair...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #25094
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yeah, when you hit sixty might as well throw in the towel...what's the use?...lol...I got a few months left, then just gonna hit the rocking-chair...lol...
More like 65...lol. Dont know about you but may not be doing this then, doubt it.I aint throwing in any towel...lol but may not be near or at a place where I can do this stuff
Old 06-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #25095

Quote:
More like 65...lol. Dont know about you but may not be doing this then, doubt it.I aint throwing in any towel...lol but may not be near or at a place where I can do this stuff
Rick, the mods sound good....I kind of started with the StainlessWorks, going from back to front..lol...Will probably stick with those...hi-flows and long-tubes at some point...
Old 06-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #25096
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Rick, the mods sound good....I kind of started with the StainlessWorks, going from back to front..lol...Will probably stick with those...hi-flows and long-tubes at some point...
I am thinking LT's also as prefered but alot to consider eith waranty, smog, ground clearance etc
Old 06-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #25097

Quote:
I am thinking LT's also as prefered but alot to consider eith waranty, smog, ground clearance etc
The changing the parts around from stock to aftermarket, and then back if needed doesn't bother me...I can do all that myself....I think the cat-back part is probably more work than headers and cats...lol

....I'm more concerned about the tune business...how drastic it may or may not be....and how a tune for the headers alone, basically, would affect a smog check and/or warranty....
Old 06-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #25098
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
The changing the parts around from stock to aftermarket, and then back if needed doesn't bother me...I can do all that myself....I think the cat-back part is probably more work than headers and cats...lol

....I'm more concerned about the tune business...how drastic it may or may not be....and how a tune for the headers alone, basically, would affect a smog check and/or warranty....
I cant do it here. And my lower back doesnt handle leaning over the engine bay at all for any length of time. Tune will void warranty, if you had a problem and they looked for it.Tune not needed per sey I hear but better, but maybe needed for the cel, whick I'm sure will come on...lol

Now smog I am concerned about. Haddads says they cant see if car has been tuned or if you put the stock one back in, but G.M. can so not sure about that. Guess smog people may not have the readers for that? That smog thread I will go back and read but not sure its all true either as it sayd they will be able to tell and you will fail right there. No messy with ecu, very bad, may put a Kappu on you...lol

Edit: going with shorties. Not hasling the smog, tune, which you have to have to run good and the rest. Solo cats can easily be swapped out, JBA'S are smog legal. The two get you around 20 hp, 32 range if tuned. LT'S seem to be around 28 untuned and 40 tuned, so only 8 hp difference.

Last edited by VR Baron; 06-09-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #25099
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
i am looking for a wheel and tire sponsor!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #25100
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Dannie needs one to! As do the rest of us I think...lol
Old 06-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #25101
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Yes, join the club....also a brake pad sponser would be good too....

Discount tire direct has a $100 rebate on 4 tires through June 16th...
Old 06-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #25102

Sponsors...lol...Then the pressure would really be on...Heck, there are Top Fuel, Funny Car, Nascar teams that can't get sponsors...lol...