Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #43
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
It's a quote from Stripes.. The DI tells that to a very uptight recruit.

Stripes? Isn't that some old ass movie? Never seen it.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #44
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
The same car will be dyno'd tomorrow morning i will post up on this thread the hp/tq as soon as i know. Videos and pictures will follow but with everyone here i might hold back on the video and just post up the information that is needed.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #45
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
Stripes? Isn't that some old ass movie? Never seen it.
It's very good give it a look.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #46
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Inferno... You're way off base by saying what you did. He just asked freakin question. Lighten up your panties, Nancy. I was wondering the same thing... how back to back pulls kept yielding higher numbers. Now I know better than to ask for fear of getting back lashed at. Chill man.

I didn't bother watching the video. You see on Camaro on a dyno, you've seen 100. Nice car tho!
You don't understand because your not a cali bad-ass. Just read the thread, post nothing, and thank your lucky stars you were fortunate enough for it to be posted in the first place.

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #47
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers171 View Post
The same car will be dyno'd tomorrow morning i will post up on this thread the hp/tq as soon as i know. Videos and pictures will follow but with everyone here i might hold back on the video and just post up the information that is needed.
Hugo, start a new one for CMS and post it in the Cali section. Ask the mods please don't move it, so there will be less people nit picking every little thing.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #48
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Inferno! Thank you for taking the time to post! We ZL1 fanatics can't get enough! Imagine... +500 HP to the rear wheels of a factory production cruiser. GM sure did a good job on this car. In ALL respects!

I'd like to know... do most dealers offer "tuning" similar to this and keeping the car within warranty specs? I'd like to have mine done by a dealer and keep all the numbers within factory specs! Just MAX out factory so warranty stays intact. Is that doABLE?
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #49
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Inferno! Thank you for taking the time to post! We ZL1 fanatics can't get enough! Imagine... +500 HP to the rear wheels of a factory production cruiser. GM sure did a good job on this car. In ALL respects!

I'd like to know... do most dealers offer "tuning" similar to this and keeping the car within warranty specs? I'd like to have mine done by a dealer and keep all the numbers within factory specs! Just MAX out factory so warranty stays intact. Is that doABLE?
Your welcome very much. I personally think the ZL1 is amazing. I'm sure GM is losing money on every one they sell. There is way more 15K in this over a stock SS. Everything is better on this car.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #50
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
So, how do you account for the numbers getting better with each run if no changes were made to the car? How much time was there between each run? One would think that making back to back pulls on a supercharged car would result in degradation in the numbers due to heat soak, not better numbers with each pull.

512 to the wheels sounds about right for a car rated at 580 at the crank. Congrats!
I was there and thats how it happen. Its because the car only have 250 miles on and it its not broken in. So the more harder you run it the more it brakes in. Thats why the number changes.

Quote:
First one was 483 then a full pull resulted in 509. Sat for about 10 mins then two more pulls at 510, and 512. Then sat for another 10 mins then pulled a 509 then a 490. The dyno room was starting to warm up. The tuner said the last run he saw the car was pulling timing.
I took the video and posted it in behalf of Alex. If you lame asses wanna question everything then you should've showed up. I'm not a expert and unless you are keep your opinions to yourself. Thank you very, I don't care if you have a good or bad day.
Jason, that was a bit too strong. lol
Old 04-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #51
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
I was there and thats how it happen. Its because the car only have 250 miles on and it its not broken in. So the more harder you run it the more it brakes in. Thats why the number changes.

Jason, that was a bit too strong. lol
Yah your probably right. Sometimes you have to try and stop the trolls from getting starting. That's why I posted it in the Cali section. A Mod moved it, probably for good intentions. To much useless opinions and questions because they don't want to believe the numbers are true.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #52
linkwpc
The punching cat

Quote:
Yah your probably right. Sometimes you have to try and stop the trolls from getting starting. That's why I posted it in the Cali section. A Mod moved it, probably for good intentions. To much useless opinions and questions because they don't want to believe the numbers are true.
Let people believe what everwhere they want to believe. You do not have to police them. lol
Old 04-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #53
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Nice run but I would knocked some heads in when they were leaning on my car.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #54
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Whats your oil psi at idle after dyno?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #55
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Cool, can't wait to see you ZL1 tomorrow Alex...
Old 04-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #56
linkwpc
The punching cat

I got a new video of that day! That exhaust doing sound great!