Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #505
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
I will say that if GM is going to offer anything else up, especially performance wise, they need to make it known soon.

The mustang will be on sell very very shortly, this month. And if people are still in the decision making process then Chevy needs to give them a reason to wait for the 2011.
Not necessarily true. Performance doesn't matter to everyone. Some people will buy the Camaro/Mustang based on looks alone. Not to mention the fact that you have the die hard Ford/GM guys/gals that won't purchase the enemy even if it's rated as having more power, etc. That would be unthinkable. Both cars have their pros/cons and there are many more factors in play than just performance.

I bought the Camaro primarily because of it's performance capabilities but the design was a very close second. I'm also one of those people who has always owned a GM vehicle. That's just my opinion and as we know, opinions vary.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #506
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Mustang is going to sell its cars no matter what Gm does !!!!!!!!

The love of Mustangs and a lot of americans is like a Cult.

Gm doesnt need to do anything right now with hp they need to keep going like they are and play it safe.

There is no way a Camaro will get a bump in hp because if it would it would pass up Corvette and that wont happen.

simple you want a mustang go buy you one they will be at every light

You want a smooth car , fast , killer styling ? Get a Camaro and hey throw on a exhaust , Cai and Tune and let the mustang boys come play

we still dont know is it a typical ford motor meaning how does it react to mods ?

yeah go ahead throw a Supercharger on that car your compression is so high now thats going to be fun lol Ford had to throw everything is coud to get the stang where it is. ( they did a good job also ) however there isnt much room to work with if you want to improve .

I love my Camaro and would still buy another over mustang anyday.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #507
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 GT500
The car is a beauty, probably the only mustang I would ever own. Well I would still own a stock gt500, but not a regular gt. I might have more pictures of it somewhere, I have to ask someone first. LOL
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #508
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
GM Probably used the certification from the CTS to advertize the HP in the Camaro, if you read his statement
.. meaning it had not been certified for the Camaro as installed with it's lower restriction exhaust and possibly air intake.
A very real possibility.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #509
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
With the extra 8 HP, I feel like I stole mine from my dealer.
+1 kinda justifies me not paying an extra $6000 for the SS/RS package now!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #510
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post
It doesnt need a power passenger seat. Why so the passenger can see 1" extra of road? It would cost more and weigh more. This car costs enough and certainly weighs enough as is. Again, its supposed to be a muscle car, not a lexus, not a caddy (cts-v coupe would be perfect for you), not a lincoln ect ect. Its a Camaro, supposed to be fast and cheap. Not obese slow and expensive.
Agreed. My parents have an old Miata that I used to drive. Manual seats, manual top, manual windows, manual everything. Sometimes that simplicity is part of the charm of having a sports car.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #511
Sax1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Mustang is going to sell its cars no matter what Gm does !!!!!!!!

The love of Mustangs and a lot of americans is like a Cult.

Gm doesnt need to do anything right now with hp they need to keep going like they are and play it safe.

There is no way a Camaro will get a bump in hp because if it would it would pass up Corvette and that wont happen.

simple you want a mustang go buy you one they will be at every light

You want a smooth car , fast , killer styling ? Get a Camaro and hey throw on a exhaust , Cai and Tune and let the mustang boys come play

we still dont know is it a typical ford motor meaning how does it react to mods ?

yeah go ahead throw a Supercharger on that car your compression is so high now thats going to be fun lol Ford had to throw everything is coud to get the stang where it is. ( they did a good job also ) however there isnt much room to work with if you want to improve .

I love my Camaro and would still buy another over mustang anyday.
Whipple says they already have a new GT(5.0) supercharger kit that will make 600hp @ 7 PSI on the 5.0.

Compression isn't necessarily the enemy, remember the LS3 has very similar compression as the 5.0, it is detonation.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #512
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post
The car is a beauty, probably the only mustang I would ever own. Well it I would still own a stock gt500, but not a regular gt. I might have more pictures of it somewhere, I have to ask someone first. LOL
The GT500 is a beast and is a hell of a looking car. Much better than the base Mustangs.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #513
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Account Suspended

Im kind of relieved that they didnt do much to the 2011 SS. Because I was half way tempted to wait for it, instead I went with my gut feeling and bought a 2010 SS.....wait I mean GT500. And had it twin turboed. Is that how you spell turboed? It looks weird.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #514
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNacho08 View Post
not trying to be a dick or any thing, but isn't it a bit weird that you can afford a 50k car and then a twin turbo kit, but not a 100 dollar camera??
hell you can get a cheap one for less than 30 bucks at wal-mart. In fact I took this one with a $19 camera.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #515
Senojelyk

Drives: '95 Jeep Wrangler
Excited for the HUD.. still a couple years away from being in the market, looking forward to it more and more every day!

One day I will own a Camaro... One day.
Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #516
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
Whipple says they already have a new GT(5.0) supercharger kit that will make 600hp @ 7 PSI on the 5.0.

Compression isn't necessarily the enemy, remember the LS3 has very similar compression as the 5.0, it is detonation.

Good thats even better NEWS

if you have a LS3 get you a Maggy and go let Andy at ADM fix you up lol

if you have a L99 get you a procharger and let him fix you up.

again Gm wasnt going to bump Camaro in its 2nd year in hp especially make it to where the camaro will have more Hp than Corvette.

Do you honestly see Gm sitting here and letting Mustang wear a crown real long like Mustang did with gm for years ?

HELL NO

As Scott settlmire told me a Few years ago " have FAITH " GM WONT BACK DOWN

Congrats Ford you did a good job

The Giant isnt sleeping he is watching lol
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #517
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
hell you can get a cheap one for less than 30 bucks at wal-mart. In fact I took this one with a $19 camera.

Did you post up some maf pics or something yesterday.

I effing want that camera. It makes pictures look like they are from the 60's. I think I asked you that in the thread. Im going to check. Please tell me what camera that is though. I love it.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #518
Sax1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Good thats even better NEWS

if you have a LS3 get you a Maggy and go let Andy at ADM fix you up lol

if you have a L99 get you a procharger and let him fix you up.

again Gm wasnt going to bump Camaro in its 2nd year in hp especially make it to where the camaro will have more Hp than Corvette.

Do you honestly see Gm sitting here and letting Mustang wear a crown real long like Mustang did with gm for years ?

HELL NO

As Scott settlmire told me a Few years ago " have FAITH " GM WONT BACK DOWN

Congrats Ford you did a good job

The Giant isnt sleeping he is watching lol
The Giant is just coming off life support.

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls