Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #15
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I personally wouldn't buy a car with that high of mileage but it should have plenty of good years a head for it. Found my 1LT on autotrader with 3K miles and got it for about 7K less than new ones were going for at local dealers. there are good deals out there, you just gotta be willing to search daily and be willing to travel a couple hours if need be to get what you want at a moments notice! drove two hours on a saturday morning after working a 12 hour shift on friday to get mine, small price to pay!
7K for two hours driving plus lets say 1 hour to close the deal , i don't know anyone that makes that kind a money /hour not even my lawyer [thank Good ] you did well!!!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #16
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
7K for two hours driving plus lets say 1 hour to close the deal , i don't know anyone that makes that kind a money /hour not even my lawyer [thank Good ] you did well!!!
actually the negotiations started in mid febuary when I knew thay had been sitting on the car since early december, did most of it via email for about a month, then a marathon session of 6 hours at the dealer. Took a while but I wore them out

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #17
Prospective Buyer

Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
At what point do you think a dealer would say enough and not move the price? How do they usually say it?
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
So if op gets this SS with 28k miles on, he still has remainder of the 60k mile warranty?
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
Bobbyosto

Drives: 2013 Camaro & 2012 Corvette GS
Comes new with 3/36 bumper to bumper, 5/100k power train if there are no mods on the car to cancel all that.
Bobbyosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #20
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospective Buyer View Post
At what point do you think a dealer would say enough and not move the price? How do they usually say it?

they will probably tell you that the next guy that comes around will pay that price, you are at a little bit of a disadvantage. it's summer and they know another fella hell bent on getting a 1SS will be just around the corner. In my situation I knew they had it setting in there show room for three months while we were having the worst winter in the last 25 years. I knew they weren't moving that thing till the gobs of snow was going away, so I kept chipping away, I knew there inventory of new SS's was going up and I figured it was a matter of time til they slashed the price. and I didn't waste time getting there when they did. I would suggest buying later in the year for obvious reasons, especially in the north east. and keep scimming Autotrader, it's a great resourse. and don't be scared to open some dialogue with salesmen. worked for me!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
Old 06-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #21
Prospective Buyer

Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
they will probably tell you that the next guy that comes around will pay that price, you are at a little bit of a disadvantage. it's summer and they know another fella hell bent on getting a 1SS will be just around the corner. In my situation I knew they had it setting in there show room for three months while we were having the worst winter in the last 25 years. I knew they weren't moving that thing till the gobs of snow was going away, so I kept chipping away, I knew there inventory of new SS's was going up and I figured it was a matter of time til they slashed the price. and I didn't waste time getting there when they did. I would suggest buying later in the year for obvious reasons, especially in the north east. and keep scimming Autotrader, it's a great resourse. and don't be scared to open some dialogue with salesmen. worked for me!
So you think going in during the winter, actually right before a snow storm would work?
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #22
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Quote:
So you think going in during the winter, actually right before a snow storm would work?
no/maybe, if they over stock and have a bad winter and have to sit on them for a while they might have to cut a deal. this only works IF you have a bad winter and maybe a dumb dealer. I had a lot of things work to my advantage. for instance the car I bought was used and they probably aren't going to do a dealer trade with it like you might with a new model. then it is winter and sports cars don't sale during a bad winter. also the fact that the next model would come out in three months probably played a factor also. they Put stripes on it at one point and that kind of signaled to me that they were trying to spruce it up and trying to move it. I just waited and thanks to the horrendous winter no one else jumped the gun and in the end I probably got lucky. of course I was persistant but that would all have been for not had someone else jumped in. actually I was watching a black one that was 2K more at the same time and talking with the saleman at a different dealer. Someone snagged it. and there was another I was also following and that one also fell throu. I could have easily been left out in the cold but it worked out for me.

Good luck to you, it aint easy

Old 06-25-2011, 03:37 AM   #23
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Quote:
I just figured I'd wash it off This one intrigued me because it's an 1SS no? So I was wondering how it got the leather.

Where in the ad does it say 1SS? It says SS with leather, etc. It's a 2SS. Still not a good deal.
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote