Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #15
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Best explanation of a cleaner wax or a glaze I've heard.
Second that. Thanks JTruck.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #16
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Best explanation of a cleaner wax or a glaze I've heard.
I agree and I dont even know who Mike Phillips is
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #17
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I agree and I dont even know who Mike Phillips is
Mike Phillips is a leading expert in the field of auto detailing and reconditioning with 33 years of real world experience and a true passion for automobiles. He is the head detailer at Autogeek.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:03 PM   #18
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Mike Phillips is a leading expert in the field of auto detailing and reconditioning with 33 years of real world experience and a true passion for automobiles. He is the head detailer at Autogeek.
Ahh ok....I stand with Junkman
Old 04-26-2015, 11:07 PM   #19
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Meg's white wax is a really nice all in one. Super easy to use - easy to spread and easy to wipe off. It has light abrasives in it. It can actually remove a decent amount of swirl marks if used with a polishing pad on a PC.

As to the white vs black wax discussion, there is actually quite a difference between the two. The white wax has more polishing abrasives in it. The black wax has more polishing oils in it. Oily waxes tend to give darker colored cars a little more depth. It is very minimal though and most people would never be able to tell a difference.

I would highly suggest getting the meguiars wax at that price then topping it with 845. It looks even better than 845 alone because it cleanses the paint really well. It can turn a new polishing pad black even after using a clay bar. It can clean deeper than clay.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:35 AM   #20
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
Ahh ok....I stand with Junkman
There is a wealth of detailing information available online and I wouldn't keep "all your eggs in one basket".

Mike Phillips, Larry Kosilla (Ammo NYC), Garry Dean, Corey (Cee Dog) @ carpro, are all experts in the field and have a great tips and information when it comes to detailing.

If you want some "outside the box", detailing information and advanced technique, Kevin Brown is one of the most knowledgeable detailers in the world.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:49 PM   #21
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
There is a wealth of detailing information available online and I wouldn't keep "all your eggs in one basket".

Mike Phillips, Larry Kosilla (Ammo NYC), Garry Dean, Corey (Cee Dog) @ carpro, are all experts in the field and have a great tips and information when it comes to detailing.

If you want some "outside the box", detailing information and advanced technique, Kevin Brown is one of the most knowledgeable detailers in the world.
Im sure they are all very good at what they do...
Old 05-09-2015, 06:55 PM   #22
Muscle Car Memories

Well I finally got to use the White Wax that I ordered today and then I topped it with Collinite 845, and man what a shine!....I think it turned out real well but im not sure what made it shine more the Megs White Wax or the Collinite but either way it looks awesome!
Old 05-09-2015, 07:56 PM   #23
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I've read also that it's a marketing ploy - mostly from CD07 - and I do not doubt that for a second. That being said, I've used Dodo White Diamond on my girlfriends white pearl and I do think it looks better than when I use other waxes (Americana, Midnight Sun, etc). Whether that is just my mind playing tricks on me is up for debate, but at least with her white car, I like to use the white wax more than others.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #24
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I've read also that it's a marketing ploy - mostly from CD07 - and I do not doubt that for a second. That being said, I've used Dodo White Diamond on my girlfriends white pearl and I do think it looks better than when I use other waxes (Americana, Midnight Sun, etc). Whether that is just my mind playing tricks on me is up for debate, but at least with her white car, I like to use the white wax more than others.
Yea it probably is just a marketing gimmick, I dont know but it sure does make the white on my Camaro "pop"...
Old 05-10-2015, 02:05 AM   #25
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
http://forum.dodojuice.com/viewtopic.php?t=2011

This is a good read about Dodo color waxes and shows that they do indeed work, but to what extent is determined by other factors.

As to the shine on your car I would have to say it was probably due to polishing ability of Meg's white wax. I love the stuff. It is so easy to use. I hate the toothpaste like tube though. I put it into a normal squeeze bottle.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #26
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Never heard of it. I use my two favorites - zymol cleaner wax or meguiars ultimate. I just ordered zymol creame wax for light colored cars. Going to give that a try. Next on the experiment list is Adams Americana.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #27
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
Never heard of it. I use my two favorites - zymol cleaner wax or meguiars ultimate. I just ordered zymol creame wax for light colored cars. Going to give that a try. Next on the experiment list is Adams Americana.
I'm not a huge Americana fan - I don't think the ease of use, particularly with removal, is on par with other Adams products. I find the other paste waxes I've tried easier on removal.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote