Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
1LE Track Oil Separator Lid Blowing Off

Just curious...

When I got my 13 1LE delivered 4 hours fresh off of transport..Had the track separator installed and the daily driver oil filler neck and cap weren't included or possibly just forgot to put it in the trunk.

Here is my issue...don't track the car. three times now, the lid has popped off while driving and the last time, it had popped off and luckily wedged itself between a hose and engine cover.

Now...could driving the car for 300 miles with this lid off have sucked in whatever debris before I realized the issue? Secondly, the other two times occurred after a 5 mile drive. Thirdly, I am going to the dealer and getting the stock, as delivered filler neck.

Lastly, anyone else have such an issue?
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
I believe the separator lid will turn and lock. Yours is probably not locked on.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Nope...its a snap on with a 1/4" or so tab in front to align the space in the cutout in lid for the line in separator.

As well, the line into the separator will not lock in.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
We have had ours on the car since new almost 18K miles ago. The lid has stayed on. As far as you doing any damage, I think you are fine. I can remember taking a family vacation to Florida in our SS Monte Carlo back in 1986. We got to Daytona and I was about to go out in the car and I thought I had better check oil just to be safe from the long drive from Illinois. I opened the hood and the cap was not installed. I found it on top of the air cleaner, and from the indent in the hood insulation, it had been there for the whole trip (I changed oil in the car for my Dad the day before we left). That trip was 1100 miles with an open cap, 2 days drive, lost some oil out valve cover hole, but all was good. You will be fine.

Last edited by gajagfan; 07-31-2014 at 01:26 PM.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Should be covered under warranty.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:06 PM   #6
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Buy an Rx in your body color and be done with it. Get a catch can while you're at it.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #7
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Get a new one from the dealer. My guess is someone tried to open it, damaging the seal. I don't think it is designed to be opened.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
summit1le

Drives: 15 Lexus RCF, 17 Vette Grand Sport
The exact thing happened to me when I tracked the car last week I guess I well have v to go to the dealer shot oil everywhere
2013 Summit 1SS 1LE w/NPP, SW 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers, CAI Intake, Ported TB, Cammotion 224/232 113 LSA, BTR Valvetrain, Melling Oil Pump, 468 HP 423, Apex Catch Can, Tank Plates, RPM 4 Point Roll Bar with SCCA/NASA Cross Brace, Schroth 6 Point Han's Harness, OMP WRC Front Seats, F.M.T Trailing Arms, F.M.T Solid Aluminum Subframe Bushings, Moreno Motorsports Camber Plates, BMR Bushings Front and Rear, Essex/AP Racing Radi-Cal Endurance Front Brakes, Quantum Brake Cooling Ducts, ZL1 Rockers, ZL1 Air Deflectors, Heritage Grill, Pfadt Springs.
summit1le is offline   Reply With Quote