Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-05-2014, 02:11 AM   #1
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Smile Saw an my old car

I was filling up at a gas station near my house and as I was finishing up I was a black Camaro with red stripes on the fender drive past me to the other side. I got in my car and drove around to get a peek and I saw the other red stripe on the passenger fender. As I drive forward past it I notice that it is missing the front bowtie and I was 100% that it was my old car. Shame that the dealership didn't replace the bowtie when he bought it. It was really funny seeing my car over a month later and already purchased. I hope that guy enjoys it as much as I did.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:27 AM   #2
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
My best friend had a 79 Z-28 in high school. 2 or 3 years after he sold it he saw it on a used lot. So he stopped and a salesperson comes up quick. To test the guy my bud asks him if it's ever been wrecked and is told several times "no she's perfect" and then Tim proceeds to walk around the car and tell him all the body repairs that were made. He said the dude was almost paralyzed as he pointed out three spots that had been repaired and repainted. He said it was funny to watch this slick dude squirm.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #3
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I see #230 driving down the street every day. Only one Rally Yellow SS with gill fades, Heritage Grill and Camaro5 stickers on the back side windows.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:01 AM   #4
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
based on the title of this thread...i was expecting to see a car in pieces...

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:03 AM   #5
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post

Me too...
Old 09-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #6
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
i once had a truck i traded at one larger dealer, they sent it to auction and a smaller ma-pa type dealer bought it i saw it on their lot when my buddy was looking for cars.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:51 PM   #7
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
It's an odd feeling, seeing old cars I've owned still on the street--even in some pretty populated areas I've lived in. It's more than oddly coincidental sometimes.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #8
elektrik

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
That *would* be the case if I saw my old car!
elektrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #9
mikeinmobile

My first Camaro was a 70 split bumper that I had for a year and a half in high school.. It was rough around the edges but a solid car to fix up and fun as hell to drive.. As I was too busy partying and chasing to spend time or money on the car it wound up with the guy (good mechanic) that told me about it and got it runnung when I bought it. I see him a couple years later and he's in her, running sweet, body work done and primered, interior under constuction and he'd converted the whole front end to flip up like a modern Vette. Not common in Birmingham in the early 80's and totaly cool. It was nice to see her coming to life and it was HARD to see because I loved the car and even though I ragged the sh*t out of it I respected her. If I could have any Camaro (besides my SS!) It'd be a 70 split bmpr no spoiler manual steering four speed.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 AM   #10
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I sold my old car in Enterprise, AL a couple years ago. I'll be back over there soon, it'd be nice to see her again.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #11
Michaels2011

Drives: 2014 2lt/RS
Still looking for my 2011….I traded for a 2014 in Oct last year…
Must have been sold out of state...

K&N cai..... WCC underhood lighting.... 1LE strut tower brace.... Custom painted Fuse box/engine covers & strut tower brace.... Pfadt 1.25 lowering springs.....Ghosted side markers.....
Michaels2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #12
CamarosThree

Drives: 2010 SSRS 97 Camaro SS 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmobile View Post
My best friend had a 79 Z-28 in high school. 2 or 3 years after he sold it he saw it on a used lot. So he stopped and a salesperson comes up quick. To test the guy my bud asks him if it's ever been wrecked and is told several times "no she's perfect" and then Tim proceeds to walk around the car and tell him all the body repairs that were made. He said the dude was almost paralyzed as he pointed out three spots that had been repaired and repainted. He said it was funny to watch this slick dude squirm.
I don't understand your point. Please explain how in the **** the salesman should have known about repairs done to this vehicle. Your post contributes nothing!
Old 09-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #13
GunnaBe2ss

Drives: '04 GMC 2500 9" lift, 2010 RJT 2ss
I traded a truck in Indiana, and 13 yrs later I saw it in a YouTube video filmed in Italy. I knew it was mine because I could see a sticker that I applied. Unbelievable! How in the world does a vehicle travel so far away? And what are the chances of ever seeing it?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #14
mikeinmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamarosThree View Post
I don't understand your point. Please explain how in the **** the salesman should have known about repairs done to this vehicle. Your post contributes nothing!
Just relating a funny story about seeing ones old car on a forum where people talk about Camaros, in a thread about seeing your old car. The salesman didn't ****ing know, which is why he shouldn't have been so adamant that the car was perfect. Your reading comprehension skills contribute nothing to your ability to flow with a thread.