Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #15
xshortd

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
well to anyone who is interested:

So as I stated before i had the check engine light come on that onstar told me was related to the fuel pump delivery system as well as the fuel pump. On my way to the dealer upon stopping at a stop sign MY ABS, LIGHT CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, STABILITRAK, TRACKION CONTROL, pretty much any light on the dash came on and my breaks started to gurrgle and shake. When i got to my dealer they said that i had 19 ERROR CODES it turns out that MOST of them were because i had a leak in the car and the electircal control box was soaked which caused all the lights to go on. They stated they would order a seal kit to have that fixed. Then they stated that they needed to order a sensor that goes on the back wheels or near them which is causing the stabilitrak message. so they order the parts and give me back my car informing me all the lights will still be on. SO today i head off to work and drive for a bit. and all the lights turn off BUT the check engine light. Im waiting till tommorrow when the parts are suppose to arrive so that i can have this figured out. Hopefully everything works out ok. Thanks for all your help. Hopefully my next post regarding this issue is that the dealer fixed it and no problemo!!!
xshortd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #16
ABM/IOM

Drives: aqua blue ls and inferno orange ss
Good luck dude. Hope they replace the contol module also.
ABM/IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #17
xshortd

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Thanks...They didn't say anything about replacing the module so I don't think they will be. They said it was wet and they blew it out. You think it will give me problems in the long run? Thanks for your concern
xshortd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #18
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Never heard of "blowing a module out". If an electronic control module was soaking wet and causing trouble codes, I'd say - you'll be replacing that thank you or show me in the service manual where it says to blow the water out of a module. They are not meant to get wet, once wet - it's done. Tons of micro electronics in there that will corrode in no time.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #19
RipperFox
Grrr!!!

Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshortd View Post
Thanks...They didn't say anything about replacing the module so I don't think they will be. They said it was wet and they blew it out. You think it will give me problems in the long run? Thanks for your concern
DOOH!!!

I do believe that I would flip the hell-out. If they did not replace that module, You might give them a demonstration of what water does to electronics with that PC on their desk.
3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #20
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Yes the cas cap not being turned until it clicks a few times can cause that... It does that on GM and Dodge..
Cap says click once. - Air Force
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote