Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Almost all the frequent posters in the V6 lounge have had more problems than its worth with trifecta
I have had trifecta for over 3 years very happy with how my car runs. Can't speak for anyone else.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #16
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I wasn't UN Happy with the Trifecta tune...but then againt I can't say I was ever completely satisfied with it either. Now that I'm on the stock tune again and have been months I can honestly say I have no desire to have the tune back. I even sold my cable. Car runs just as crisp and strong as it ever has.

I'm not saying Trifecta absolutely has ZERO gains. Obviously there are dynos out there showing it made power. Stock and modded. There are also dynos (one or two) showing a loss versus stock, and others who say the same as me...feel no difference.

I will go so far as to say... even though there are not as many IPF dynos floating around, they have consistently showed better gains than Trifecta. I'd love to give the IPF tune a go, and I hope to sometime soon (soon means...could be a long time from now lol)...but I have so many other goals, and things I want to do that its putting a tune a bit further down on the list.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
i dont believe in anything anymore lol... i know on my 08 gt the sct tuner was like 300 something bucks and u felt that shit when u tuned the car..
Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #18
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
Ive had trifecta for over a year now...I had my car dynoed before and after,the tune gave me NO POWER what so ever but on the dyno report it did make the TQ and HP curves a lot smoother.
CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #19
solteroblues

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM
I felt no gains from any of mods until after the trifecta. It was like it woke the other mods up. I may be in the minority, but I say it was worth every penny. I even get about 2 mpg more now than stock.
solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I saw a dyno sheet with a graph of one tuner where it lost HP and TQ down low, but made more HP on the top end. HP = (TQ•RPM)/5252 ? A dyno reads TQ and the math formula converts it to HP. Since Horsepower is TQ times RPM, divided by 5252, the higher the RPM at the same TQ would have higher HP.

Last edited by PieNsky; 08-02-2013 at 08:06 AM.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #21
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
I had the Trifecta tune for about a year and I didnt have any problems...I thought it was one of the best mods I did. I took it off 2 days ago and it seems the car runs more "smooth" but I can tell a difference in the gearing for my automatic. IPF, well I wont be able to help you with that opinion since the supercharger is going along with it lol It seems like it is pretty advance though and I havent heard one person complain about the IPF. Trifecta has been slammed and its pretty hard to get in touch, which is one of the downsides.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #22
Wilson_51

Drives: 2010 Lt Camaro
I have the Hypertech max energy programmer on my car and I can defiantly tell its there. It may not add any more HP but with being able to change shift points, shift firmness, and rev limiter it makes a difference. It feels like I'm getting more response from my car now. The only thing I don't like about its is the lack of being able to turn my speed limiter off. So I just say that my tire height has changed and that gives me 5 extra mph. Haha so instead of 118 it's 123. I've been thinking about maybe trying something else but I'm not real sure what I should go with yet
Wilson_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #23
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Almost all the frequent posters in the V6 lounge have had more problems than its worth with trifecta
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
I for one feel the difference with trifecta tune over stock. And they do list HP gains just like IPF.

And anytime you reload the EUC on our LLT's it always feels like it runs better. need to wait some time before comparing it.

You can even log it and/or monitor it yourself to see if there are issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I've tested the trifecta tune and the stock tune on the track and the stock tune posted better times.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #24
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I've tested the trifecta tune and the stock tune on the track and the stock tune posted better times.

This is the first time I ever heard this.

Still have the time slips so we can study them?

I was thinking of performing the same test this fall. Make some runs with it installed. Drive around for a while then remove it. And make more runs.

I also have heard it will take 100 miles for the sytem to reset and under stand what happened.

Maybe disconnect the battery for an hour while there before both testing runs?

I have no issue with my tune, but never did my own testing either.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #25
Botoasy

Drives: 2015 RRM 1LE
Another random question, could I keep the stock tune on my car and use the trifecta software to just clear it permanently?

2010 Camaro LS: BBK Longtube Headers with Hi Flow Cats, BBK CAI, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Magnaflow X-pipe and Resonators, Ported TB, Mace Ported IM and Spacer,Trifecta Tune, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars. SOLD!!!

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272765
Botoasy is offline   Reply With Quote