Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #29
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth6 View Post
Thanks dude.
Before it's initial install, I've called Moroso support with some questions about their can. The guy on the phone really knew his sh*t. In fact, he was able to explain as to why their can was designed in that particular manner and provide explicit details about it's function. Seems like Moroso is all about performance without any "fluff".
Exactly. Sometimes, when something doesn't work as expected you make a few phone calls, do a few adjustments and ta-da.
Like I say, some folks want a one size fits all solution, other don't and really don't mind the extra work to have something different and more suited for their particular application.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #30
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Thanks dude.
Before it's initial install, I've called Moroso support with some questions about their can. The guy on the phone really knew his sh*t. In fact, he was able to explain as to why their can was designed in that particular manner and provide explicit details about it's function. Seems like Moroso is all about performance without any "fluff".
So your not going to do the pull through test to see for yourself? I can prove it will function better with the filter media removed from the outlet side , but it's more convincing when you do it yourself.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #31
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Am I going to have to buy one of those cans and run the same test I did on the Elite and RX?

Someone link me to the cheapest place to get one. Oh and give me the part number so it can be a fair comparison.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #32
Stealth6

Drives: '17 GT350
Here you go:
http://www.race-mart.com/Moroso-MOR-85487.html

This was the lowest price that I was able to find.

BTW, there was some residual oil on the bottom of the can. However, there is no gunk or oil buildup where the hose from the separator enters the intake, meaning that the air/oil separator is effectively doing its job. Good luck with your test...
Stealth6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #33
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Here you go:

BTW, there was some residual oil on the bottom of the can. However, there is no gunk or oil buildup where the hose from the separator enters the intake, meaning that the air/oil separator is effectively doing its job. Good luck with your test...
Thanks for the info.

She is only memory now.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #34
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Here you go:

No need to but if there were residuals; I like the Moroso catch can's so much I'd put two of them on my engine.

@SC2150; Did you send your RX can to SPI for analysis? Last we spoke they received one but it was in no shape for comparison to the Moroso or even any testing.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #35
SC2150
Account Suspended

Call them and ask.....I think you will be surprised. The first one was damaged by the postal service.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #36
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Call them and ask.....I think you will be surprised. The first one was damaged by the postal service.
I think I'll wait to hear the results as it's a lot of money. Plus Calbert's shop will carry more weight since they are independant of any one here.

She is only memory now.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #37
trnsxck

Drives: flintstone mobile
LOL. god forbid there should be another catch can on the market...
Rx wont leave any other can alone until they beat it to death.
Seen this over and over in here.. This thread is about a Morosso can but Rx is in here preaching the same crap over and over. The rx can is good but isnt the best can on the market. It's just the most over hyped on this website.
trnsxck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #38
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsxck View Post
LOL. god forbid there should be another catch can on the market...
Rx wont leave any other can alone until they beat it to death.
Seen this over and over in here.. This thread is about a Morosso can but Rx is in here preaching the same crap over and over. The rx can is good but isnt the best can on the market. It's just the most over hyped on this website.
What is the best and what proof to back it up? I'm am always open to seeing a different design that's not been seen or tested. My car has a lot of blowby, so this is important to me. Because I drive 300+ miles a week and have a lot of blowby, testing is really quick and easy. RX gives props to the Norris and Elite cans as doing a good job too btw.

She is only memory now.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #39
SC2150
Account Suspended

And AMW & Saikou Micchi.

I will put the RX can up against any on the market....no one has tested more cans than we have, and we test for pull through (oil getting past the can) as that is what matters, then cut the cans apart and show photos with explanations on why a can works well or dosent, and how the design can be improved. On looks there are many that looks awesome, but function is the goal with our designs.

If we were anti any other can, we would NOT endorse the other direct competitors that we do that also perform extremely well as that cant help our sales, can it? All we have done is state the obvious that anyone can verify on their own (dont take my work for it....try it and see) and how you can easily modify the Moroso can to function better than how it comes. You and anyone are free to choose any can you want, but blind trust and faith are just that. I dont know how much more detail in the design I could go into, but if your trapping oil that is held right at the outlet you cant help but have it drawn through with the flow through any can. It is fact and you can verify it yourself. No where in ANY of these posts have I said "dont buy that, buy the RX".....I have stated facts, the reasons why, and how to make it function better than how it comes configured. This does me no benefit to help others with a competing brand........but closed minds and blind faith are the way of man in general.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #40
Thor S.

Drives: current not as cool as a 5 th Gen.
Dear Camaro 5 Forum members and Mr. RX

I don't why Mr. RX feels the need to jump in any forum that talks about a Moroso Air/Oil Separator.

The following is what I have written before when Mr. RX has bashed our company.

"First Off, when I am scrolling through posts on a forum I hate it when a manufacturer makes a comment then at the end of the comment finally states whom they are. My name is Thor Schroeder and I am the Marketing and New Product Manager here at Moroso Performance Products. It is our company’s usual policy to stay out of the conversations that enthusiasts have been each other. The reason I feel the need to get involved with this post is that somebody from RX Performance started their written out option of our product with the statement ”Moroso does not make it and did not have any input on the design other than their logo.” That statement is false, our air/oil separators have been designed, tested, manufactured, assembled and packaged in house. Our company is comprised of a group of loyal, ingenious, hard working, enthusiasts that I have the pleasure of calling my co-workers, so I felt the need to point out that this air/oil separator is our product. In regards to RX Performance’s test results, we disagree with what has been presented, from our own testing and from our loyal users. That is the great thing about our country we can have opinions and express them. I don’t want to go back and forward and waste people’s time with the opinions’ of two manufacturers."

So I find it ironic when he posted the following during this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Have to correct you...out of over 10,000 RX cans in use there has NEVER been a seal blown out from one.

No oil leaks caused (unless installed backwards).

And one reported valve frozen by condensation in the winter....so please get your facts straight if your going to make a statement like that.

If you would place a clear glass fuel filter between the can and your intake manifold you will seethe amount of oil pulling through...and thats fine if thats what you want, but please dont post lies about the RX can.

But let's get on with life and Mr. RX, I wanted to share with you the latest video that we made that shows a Moroso clear body air/oil separator that we made specifically for this video. The only difference between this air/oil separator and the Moroso production one for the 2010-up Cadillac CTS-V is the body is machined out of plastic instead of aluminum. Around the 3:14 mark the car was accelerating from around 35 mph to 149 mph, please enjoy this link;

Sincerely,
Thor Schroeder
Moroso Performance Products
Thor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #41
IndeedSS1

^^ Wow a very cool video

But in staying on point, could you please put a glass filter on the outlet outlet hose so we can see what oil, if any, is getting past the can. There never has been any doubt that a can will catch oil, it's what gets past the can that determines efficiency.

And I'll say it again...Wow...that was great to see.

She is only memory now.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #42
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Wow cool video!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote