Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #43
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
LOVE IT and love camaro5 seems as if you ask and you shall recieve

thanks a bunch ive wanted to see this for a long time
No probem.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #44
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Ask and you shall recieve:

Stock displacement, 1.75' LT headers, Maggie w/OD cogs and a 3.8" pulley, Comp blower cam from CMS. Temp was in the 102* range and we only get garbage 91 octane fuel here.

This is the best Vmax dyno pull out of 3 runs, we let the car cool back down while we swapped out the Vmax with the BBK and did 3 more pulls. There was no change in the tuning, temp was the same, car never left the dyno/changed position, etc.

Attachment 606805
Those are great results and thanks for posting them. I do need to remind everyone else that he is seeing those gains because he has a positive displacement supercharger. Any restriction you remove before the blower will add boost and power. On a NA setup I wouldn't be surprised if this throttle body hurts power without port matching the intake manifold and even then I don't see the gains being that large.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #45
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Hey guys/gals, I did the port of the intake manifold on Friday. Very easy job. Good news is that the gas pedal feels even tighter and I would say that porting the intake to match TB is a must. Bad news is that there isn't much of a change with my issue. Meaning that the idle surges slightly, bouncing for several seconds while in neutral moving forward. I have been driving it for a few days hoping for a relearn, but nothing yet. Going to give it another 100 miles or so of learning just to be sure.

Killer, asked my tuner about the relearn and he confirmed that it was the first thing he did along with a few other parameter changes that are beneficial when moving to a larger TB. The tune came afterwards because the car continued surging to high rpms.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #46
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
I have the 95mm on my 620+rwhp maggie camaro and have put over 20k miles on it. My car was the first one other than the owner of BBK's to get the 95mm TB. I'm picking up the 102mm tomorrow to throw it back on for a dyno tune. I've ported the snout on my maggie for the 102mm but I never saw an issue with the 95mm.

There was an issue a while back where some of the TB's were not closing all the way at idle. Make sure your gearing in the electronic block are aligned correctly otherwise you will not have the correct blade opening based on what the computer is telling the TB to have. Having it off by as much as a single tooth can lead to problems.

I had the factory TB on and picked up 15rwhp and 20rwtq without changing the tune from just changing to the BBK TB. I'll see if I can find the dyno sheet from the Vmax vs BBK TB's. The 102mm put down the same numbers as the 95mm without a tune. I'm going to put the 102mm back on and have it tuned to see what the difference is on a stock displacement motor.

The 95mm was designed to be a direct bolt on replacement to the factory TB. If I'm remembering correctly, the Vmax and factory TB's are 88mm where they bolt on to the manifold and the BBK is 93mm.

Hope you get it all worked out.
Hmmmm, where can I find info about the gearing issue? I would really like to look into this. The electronics just lined up and snapped together. I assumed everything was set from BBK. It does make sense that this could be my issue though, because I get the surging while in neutral, moving forward, so air must be getting in while TB is closed right?
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
Old 03-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #47
TeelsBlack

Drives: 2013 Black-on-Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaSS View Post
Hey guys/gals, I did the port of the intake manifold on Friday. Very easy job. Good news is that the gas pedal feels even tighter and I would say that porting the intake to match TB is a must. Bad news is that there isn't much of a change with my issue. Meaning that the idle surges slightly, bouncing for several seconds while in neutral moving forward. I have been driving it for a few days hoping for a relearn, but nothing yet. Going to give it another 100 miles or so of learning just to be sure.

Killer, asked my tuner about the relearn and he confirmed that it was the first thing he did along with a few other parameter changes that are beneficial when moving to a larger TB. The tune came afterwards because the car continued surging to high rpms.
what did you use to port it?
TeelsBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:56 AM   #48
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeelsBlack View Post
what did you use to port it?
Dremel with an angled bit.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #49
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:

good to hear that you have a sharp tuner. did you ever get this resolved?
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #50
1989GTA

Drives: 1989 GTA Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
good to hear that you have a sharp tuner. did you ever get this resolved?
X2. Very interested in the 95mm throttle body myself.
1989GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #51
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Hey guys sorry didn't see your posts...I have tried some things to fix the surging:

1) relearn - TB relearn and Idle relearn for 2000 miles now without change.
2) re-adjust throttle plate - no change
3) port the intake - improved throttle response but no change in surging
4) smaller diameter crankcase hose - no change
5) Tune - As stated in my op, this made the surging bearable, but still there

I hope a solution is found, I am open for suggestions. Thanks!
Old 02-27-2015, 05:57 AM   #52
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Hey guys sorry didn't see your posts...I have tried some things to fix the surging:

1) relearn - TB relearn and Idle relearn for 2000 miles now without change.
2) re-adjust throttle plate - no change
3) port the intake - improved throttle response but no change in surging
4) smaller diameter crankcase hose - no change
5) Tune - As stated in my op, this made the surging bearable, but still there

I hope a solution is found, I am open for suggestions. Thanks!
Did you find a solution? I got mine installed last week at the Dealer, worked good for one day, next day it started to surge, at idle I barely noticed it, but at cruising speeds, without WOT, it's annoying as hell, if I had a motion sickness problem my car would be cover in vomit.
I e-mail BKK and 1 day later got a this long response: "Was the negative battery terminal disconnected when you installed our unit?"
E-mail back explaining all the situation, and that was it was insllated at the dealer. 3 Days later nothing. BBK technical support is a joke.
**Besides a CAI, my car is stock**
Did you find a solution? Anyone out there had the same problem and found a solution?
Thanks.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:49 PM   #53
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLLDaFieL View Post
Did you find a solution? I got mine installed last week at the Dealer, worked good for one day, next day it started to surge, at idle I barely noticed it, but at cruising speeds, without WOT, it's annoying as hell, if I had a motion sickness problem my car would be cover in vomit.
I e-mail BKK and 1 day later got a this long response: "Was the negative battery terminal disconnected when you installed our unit?"
E-mail back explaining all the situation, and that was it was insllated at the dealer. 3 Days later nothing. BBK technical support is a joke.
**Besides a CAI, my car is stock**
Did you find a solution? Anyone out there had the same problem and found a solution?
Thanks.
There is a solution but you might not like it, because it involves going into the tune and changing the Area Scalar which tells your ecu that the TB is larger. Doing this is what ultimately fixed all issues for me. I believe the stock scalar setting is just over 5600 and you would need a tuner to go in and reduce that number to say 4600 which will most likely low enough to fix it, then little by little work that number as high as you can go before it starts surging again, so 4800, 5000, 5200. Try to get as close to 5600 as possible. Totally understand if you don't want to mess with the tune because of warranty issues, but this is a fix.

HPTUNERS: ENGINE>IDLE>AIRFLOW>ETC_AREA_SCALAR

Last edited by BubbaSS; 03-08-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #54
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
Quote:
There is a solution but you might not like it, because it involves going into the tune and changing the Area Scalar which tells your ecu that the TB is larger. Doing this is what ultimately fixed all issues for me. I believe the stock scalar setting is just over 5600 and you would need a tuner to go in and reduce that number to say 4600 which will most likely low enough to fix it, then little by little work that number as high as you can go before it starts surging again, so 4800, 5000, 5200. Try to get as close to 5600 as possible. Totally understand if you don't want to mess with the tune because of warranty issues, but this is a fix.

HPTUNERS: ENGINE>IDLE>AIRFLOW>ETC_AREA_SCALAR

Got your pm Thanks for the response. Well I got another e-mail from BBK saying to disconnect the battery again, which I did and I disconnect the Vittesse as well, next day reconnect the battery without Vittesse, same thing, the dealer mechanic says I have to keep driving until the computer relearn, I only drive the car 2 days a week, so far around 100 miles since the battery disconnect, still surging. I don't want to go to the tune, but if I do might as well put some LT headers and call it a day. I bought the extended warranty at the dealer, I wonder if I cancel I would get a partial refund...I will try ride 200 miles in one shot to see the the computer catch up if not...Either I will take it of or tune...decisions, decisions...
Old 03-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #55
Crashedf4izzle

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
I wish I would have seen all this a few days ago before I ordered mine...I probably wouldn't have, lol. I should have it Monday or Tuesday. After I install it, I will def post the results of nothing more than to compare and share results with everyone.
Crashedf4izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #56
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Hmmmm, where can I find info about the gearing issue? I would really like to look into this. The electronics just lined up and snapped together. I assumed everything was set from BBK. It does make sense that this could be my issue though, because I get the surging while in neutral, moving forward, so air must be getting in while TB is closed right?

Never got a notification on this one....sorry.

BBK sets the gearing in the TB but there is something in the electronics block that can get misaligned if it isn't in the right position when the two parts are matted. This misalignment can cause the blade to not fully close causing a surge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk