Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #169
zzibradleyizz

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Bill View Post
Don't you just LOVE IT!!.....

Congrats!!!
Happiest man alive right now! The car is such a beaty

Love it A LOT!!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #170
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
So cool that your car has wiped away all those frustrations during the shipping process. Amazing how that happens.

I posted a message with the tracking forums this morning to see if they have an update. They didn't update the tracker last night (at lease I didn't get one). I am so annoying right now! I'll just be insufferable when my car arrives.

My husband thinks I'm a bit nuts because I have a pile of accessories for it already: car cover, no-drill front plate holder, lloyds mats, proclip console mount for my Garmin Nuvi, led bulbs for the dome light, trunk light, rear license plate, and I have leds ordered to replace the DRLs. I would have gotten a license plate frame already, but the folks at Camaro5 said they are working on a Camaro5 license plate frame, so I didn't buy one yet. It'll come with temp. tags that are good for a month anyway.

I'll keep you posted. (aren't you excited?)
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #171
RCLapCar

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 HB/JB
GRRR...ARRRRRGH......Hulk SMASH!!!!

Damn it I picked up a screw in my new set of winter tires. It's close to the edge so more than likely not fixable. These tires have less than 300 miles on them and I already have to replace one. At least it wasn't one of the Pirellis.

On a brighter note I still LOVE my car. I just attached (with zip ties) my front plate holder and it's not going anywhere. Oh and I just signed up for the Onstar diagnostics email. Tres cool.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #172
zzibradleyizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLapCar View Post
GRRR...ARRRRRGH......Hulk SMASH!!!!

Damn it I picked up a screw in my new set of winter tires. It's close to the edge so more than likely not fixable. These tires have less than 300 miles on them and I already have to replace one. At least it wasn't one of the Pirellis.

On a brighter note I still LOVE my car. I just attached (with zip ties) my front plate holder and it's not going anywhere. Oh and I just signed up for the Onstar diagnostics email. Tres cool.
Looks liek both of us are not having luck with our wheels!

My baby was up on a flatbed this morning! She's on her way to the dealership right now!

My front passenger wheel is completely loose. Something is not right in there. The lug nuts are torqued right on there. So there going to be taking a look at it soon and get back to me on what the problem is here. Hopefully it's something as easy as the wheels need a spacer and not some major problem!

I got all my little cosmetic modifications done yesterday morning though. It looks so much better just with these small little things! Set up my iPhone to the car too and programmed all my numbers in the car, and also set up the OnStar diagnostics also, very cool!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #173
Darth_Emma

You guys are having some bum luck. I'm sure you'll be back up and running in not time.

I checked this morning and my car is still in Dearborn. I think they're taking the day off because of the MLK, Jr. Holiday. I get to be at home wishing I had my car.

In the meantime, I've been reading up and watching videos by the Junkman on how to clean your car. I'm going to be buying a bunch of Adam's car care products!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #174
zzibradleyizz

Haha, my luck is not the best lately...

By the sounds of it your car will show up sometime this week!

I also forgot to mention that my headlights and front turn signal lights all have condensation inside them. No clue how the seal can already be broken, so that's something else they will have to fix. They want to re-seal the lights, I want them to replace the lights as my old grand prix always had problems even with re-sealing them in the past. So we'll have to see where this goes...

And then the reason why it took my car so long to get here for the stripes...well theres a problem with the bloody stripes too! On one of the hood stripes, the corner closest to the bumper never adhered to the hood so it's peeling up already. They want to trim that corner off and then trim the other stripe to match it. I don't know how much I like this idea. But I told them you can trim it, but if I don't like it you will be removing the stripes and putting new ones on...

Very disappointing how this is all happening. I love the car and all, just upset on how bad this has been going!

It's a new car, the thing should be flawless and since it's not, they are trying to cut corners (literally on the stripes) with bringing it up to a flawless state.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #175
Darth_Emma

zz-
Wow lots of QC troubles. I'll have to inspect mine very closely before I sign anything.

I'm curious to know what is wrong with the wheel.

I didn't get vinyl stripes for that very reason. I was afraid they'd peel. However, yours should certainly be perfect from the factory and last for years.

I agree with you on the lights. Have them put in new ones.

Glad you like the car inspite of these problems. Good luck with it and keep us posted.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #176
zzibradleyizz

Well we found out what was wrong with the wheel. We used a lugnut that was actually too short. So it was tightening itself against the bolt and not the actual wheel like it should. So it was a simple change of the lug nuts and everything is fine.

I went with the vinyl for the reason that I can take them off if I ever decided to. Plus when you look at it, yes it's a vinyl, yes it can bubble, but when you buy them with your car. You get the full warranty on them. So if anything happens, they get replaced at no charge to me. The only time bubbles would happen would be in the beginning anyways if they were not applied properly. If they are applied properly, then you will not have any problem down the road.

I will be demanding to get new lights. I wont settle for anything less as it is a brand new car and I want brand new functioning lights they way they should!

I pick her back up in a couple hours, so excited! lol
Old 01-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #177
Darth_Emma

Glad the loose wheel wasn't a serious problem. Of those things you mentioned, that could have been the most serious, I think. Glad it was minor!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #178
zzibradleyizz

Yeah, the wheel was the most of my worries. Didn't even want to chance driving it to the dealer, hence why it was put on a flatbed and towed in.

All the other issues will work themselves out with time. I just want my baby back to make sure she's okay! Haha
Old 01-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #179
RCLapCar

My winter tires came with a complete set of lug nuts from tirerack. I made damn sure the dealer knew they had to use these instead of the ones they took off. I have the box with the stock lugnuts in the trunk. BTW zz you should keep 5 of the stock lugnuts just in case you ever need to put on the spare tire (if you got one).

As for my screw(ed) up incident. I went to a tire place and they put a plug in my tire but said "there are not gurantees" on it. I asked them to get me a new tire and they said they would try to find one. If they take too long I'll just order a single tire from tirerack and get them to mount it. At least for now I don't have to stand beside my car for 15 minutes whilte the little 12V compressor whines and struggles to fill the tire up.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #180
Darth_Emma

Here's hoping the plug works for ya. At least you had a spare. My 2SS doesn't come with a spare, but a can of fix a flat. I'd rather have the spare. However, the wheels are too big on the SS to fit in the trunk. They have to make them large enough to fit over the Brembo brakes. Seems like a tiny bit of poor planning. Oh yeah, when I asked the dealer, what do I do if I get a flat, he said "you have GM roadside assistance." I said "that's good for 5 years, what do I do after that?" He has no answer.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #181
RCLapCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Here's hoping the plug works for ya. At least you had a spare. My 2SS doesn't come with a spare, but a can of fix a flat. I'd rather have the spare. However, the wheels are too big on the SS to fit in the trunk. They have to make them large enough to fit over the Brembo brakes. Seems like a tiny bit of poor planning. Oh yeah, when I asked the dealer, what do I do if I get a flat, he said "you have GM roadside assistance." I said "that's good for 5 years, what do I do after that?" He has no answer.
Whatever you do never use the fix a flat crap. It's a great $5 product to screw up your $40 TPMS sensors. Not to mention the tire guys LOVE taking tires off the rims with that crap sloshing around inside. I did look at the spare and man is it tight in there. I really don't see how they could have made a spare for the SS fit without seriously cutting into the room for the wheel wells. I guess after the 5 years is up AAA should be a good replacement for it.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #182
zzibradleyizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLapCar View Post
My winter tires came with a complete set of lug nuts from tirerack. I made damn sure the dealer knew they had to use these instead of the ones they took off. I have the box with the stock lugnuts in the trunk. BTW zz you should keep 5 of the stock lugnuts just in case you ever need to put on the spare tire (if you got one).

As for my screw(ed) up incident. I went to a tire place and they put a plug in my tire but said "there are not gurantees" on it. I asked them to get me a new tire and they said they would try to find one. If they take too long I'll just order a single tire from tirerack and get them to mount it. At least for now I don't have to stand beside my car for 15 minutes whilte the little 12V compressor whines and struggles to fill the tire up.
Yeah I got a set of 25 Lugnuts. Will keep them handy if something ever does go wrong.

I never got a complete set of lugnuts with my wheels from TireRack. I guess they don't like me :( lol...But then again, I got the cheapest rim on the website lol.

Hopefully you can get a replacement tire for cheap. TireRack is still usually cheaper though with the shipping and duty charges. Check out GTA Wheel & Tire, Andrew is a good guy there, helps me out a bunch with anything related to tires. He just couldn't beat the deal I got on my tires since I have a buddy that works at a FORD dealerhsip now and got me tires at cost.

Good Luck with your wheels!

Ps. I got mine back, the wheels are perfect now and have no problems

Now time to get on them about the Stripes and Headlights!