Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
VJCamaro
Please not have any Delay

Drives: 2SS, RS, Sunroof, Polished
Audio Upgrade Subwoofer

This is in the initial ordering workbook.
Audio Upgrade Subwoofer
If you’re looking to upgrade the sound level of your
Camaro, consider this trunk-mounted subwoofer.

When I ordered my 2SS this option was not avialable. Can someone explain if this is included in my order, or is this option no longer available?

VJCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Tal

Drives: Old
Dealer installed option, don't think we've seen a production version though.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
My impression from my dealer is that the GMPP "aftermarket" accessories will not be available for order until cars actually start showing up. I wanted to add the catback, air intake, and shorty headers as well as the subwoofer package, but these are not options available yet in the system.

Either way, these options will be dealer-installed, so as long as you make sure your dealer knows you want these things in your car, then you should be good to go.

And if your dealer tells you they don't know what you're talking about, then refer to The_Blur's quote.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
delius
David Hayter

Drives: F-body
^^

not a great idea seein how ur order is timestamped... if u change the order last minute ... u risk new prices

I want my camaro....NOOOOOOOOOOW!!! /turn yellow
delius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Your order from the factory is timestamped, but all of the options I listed get installed at the dealer, so it shouldn't matter.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
I thought I read......there is a 7 inch mono sub woofer on the deck behind the rear seat!?? This is with the upgrade BA System.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #7
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

My understanding was, the Boston Acoustics system has 3 speakers on the dash (front right, front left, front center), 4 on the door (2 tweeters up high, 2 mid-range down low), and two mid-range on the back deck.

That would make 9. I've never heard anything about a subwoofer in the rear deck....
Old 02-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Here is a post from a subscriber earlier for this same question.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5268
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Yeah, that entire thread is all about people who can't count to 9. I don't know where they're getting their information from, but nowhere in that thread was there any kind of link to anything conclusive. Plus, the last post on that thread was back before we could even order the cars at the dealer. So it's really just a speculation thread.

People in that thread were even trying to say that a 2-way speaker is considered 2 seperate speakers. Please!

What we know for fact is, there will be a tweeter and a 6.5" midrange on the doors (that's 4), there will be at least 2 speakers on the back deck, and there will be a center channel speaker on the dash.

My opinion, and I have nothing to back this up, is that the last two speakers will either be midrange (4x6 size) speakers on the dash, or tweeters next to the 6.5's or 6x9's that are on the rear deck, probably under the same speaker cover.

It just doesn't make sense to me to put a subwoofer in the center of the back deck where it wouldn't have the kind of enclosure that would give you a clean sounding bass. It also wouldn't make sense to have an option to add two GMPP subwoofers to the system if the system already has a subwoofer.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
People in that thread were even trying to say that a 2-way speaker is considered 2 seperate speakers. Please!.
That seems to be a "trend" the past few years, a 2-way speaker and the OEM considers that 2 seperate speakers, sad but true..

=bobby
Old 02-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #11
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

If that's the case, my current car has 20 speakers and 2 subs.

If I tried to say that to any car audio person, they point and laugh at my "ignorance."

I seriously doubt the Boston Acoustic people would allow Chevrolet to say something that rediculous.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Honestly get over it. If says its there its probably there.....somewhere random but there none the less.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #13
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
If that's the case, my current car has 20 speakers and 2 subs.

If I tried to say that to any car audio person, they point and laugh at my "ignorance."

I seriously doubt the Boston Acoustic people would allow Chevrolet to say something that rediculous.
It's standard procedure in OEM audio today, BA will get their money and GM will count speakers however they wish.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #14
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

My soul hurts just a little bit for that... :P