Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Driving the car as a DD

To all the members that say this car is a bad DD car, you dont know how much fun this car is for DD,Yes is low to the ground and that makes it fell more like a slot car when you turn, and the turns are the best part of it.

Friday we went up to LV ,its 130Mi up there, and we did some back roads runs, some drivers looked what was behind them and moved over to let us by, i was doing 80-85 on the roads with no effort on the car or me, car handles like its on rails, with no movement from side to side.

Ride Quality is firm but not to the point where you think your in a semi truck, To me it not as bad as my other car on Coilovers, Brakes are to the point you need only use them sparingly to bring this car down in speed, its like no Camaro before it for stopping.

The bad is the tires, there so good at trowing rocks on the side of the car, you dont want to drive it, get this bad boy covered with some kind of rock guards ASAP.

Any one that can get one IMO you need to get behind the wheel, but dont test drive the car if you dont have your Check book and your ready to buy, ones you drive the car your done, you will want it.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Nice review you sure make it tempting local dealer still has both a Black (14), and white (15) available under MSRP.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
MonteSS

Drives: 2010 1SS M6
ah man, just reading this post makes me giddy.

It'll be a few more years for me though
D1 Procharger
Blower Cam
Long Tubes
Alky Control Meth
Tuning by Shane Hinds
Built by STG Motorsports
MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
I've been making up reasons to drive this car because it is such a blast. If I were single, no problem driving this thing every day. I need to find some pics of baby seats to convince my wife it is safe to take my son to day care in the mornings. It's all In how you drive it and respect it.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
wow. i have yet to see a Z28 let alone drive one . i cant imagine how it must drive. sounds fun!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
soulsea

Drives: Fast
I think whether or not the Z/28 is a functional dd depends on where one lives.

There's no point in taking such a vehicle out just to sit in traffic, avoid endless potholes, pray that it doesn't rain, and play keepaway with angled driveways. Nevada seems like the perfect place for it to be daily driven, but hardly a place from which to extrapolate the dd argument.

Where I am it's possible as long as it's not raining and if I decided to yank the splitter ... but I have another vehicle as a dd so I'm happy to keep this one for play.

There's nothing inhently preventing the Z/28 from being a dd in more challenging locations ... but changes like the tires, splitter removal, and a few other bits would need to be changed to make it practical.
soulsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:13 PM   #7
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
but dont test drive the car if you dont have your Check book and your ready to buy, ones you drive the car your done, you will want it.
Well here the local dealerships are NOT letting you test drive without your checkbook... Gotta buy to drive!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #8
Qfastvette

Drives: 2014 camaro Z/28
It's a great car to drive all the time! The only problem I have with it, is it needs at least 100 more hp to the wheels and then this car will be unbelievable!
Qfastvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #9
Qfastvette

Drives: 2014 camaro Z/28
Daily Driver

It's a great car to drive all the time! The only problem I have with it, is it needs at least 100 more hp to the wheels and then this car will be unbelievable / unstoppable!
Qfastvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #10
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
I've been driving my SS for about a month now, and it's a near ideal daily driver. Since it's just a 2SS without the 1LE package, it's got a compliant ride, balanced handling at anything near reasonable road speeds, excellent gearing, and so far I haven't scraped the front on anything. As far as interior creature comforts, I've got heated leather seats, a backup camera, and Bluetooth audio streaming, items that were exclusive to luxury cars just a few years ago. That doesn't even include the styling, the brakes or the LS3. I've got winter tires on the way, which are the only on-road test I've got left for the car.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #11
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
I'm sure it's a thrill to drive an $80,000 track car on the street but the fact is, you're wasting your money if that's what you buy the current Z28 to do-and I'm OK with that if you can afford it but, you can't use its full capability on the street so, why pay up for it?
Old 11-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #12
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
I'm sure it's a thrill to drive an $80,000 track car on the street but the fact is, you're wasting your money if that's what you buy the current Z28 to do-and I'm OK with that if you can afford it but, you can't use its full capability on the street so, why pay up for it?
You really can't use a lot of cars full capability on the street.... legally. Just saying.
Myself, I have had a '69 Z/28 forever and just love the new one as well. It is truly a beast.
macalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #13
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post
I've been making up reasons to drive this car because it is such a blast. If I were single, no problem driving this thing every day. I need to find some pics of baby seats to convince my wife it is safe to take my son to day care in the mornings. It's all In how you drive it and respect it.
how old is your son?

A rear facing seat will not work but a forward facing or booster will fit.

I know I tried
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #14
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
They've got LATCH anchor points in the back seat, and have her look at the crash test ratings. These cars get 5 stars in everything. It would be a very safe car for your child.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote