Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Installed subs in my 1Lt without the boston acoustics package

i have pictures and am writing a diy of how to put subs in a new 2010 camaro without the boston acoustic sound system. i got my wiring kit and enclosure from steve at ********. except the speakers i got from crutchfield, and amp from car audio deals. i highly suggest ordering steve's wiring kit and enclosure for the camaro.

Last edited by Iomcamaro; 03-25-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Very nice! Looking forward to the DIY and how does it sound?
Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

it sounds very good. i got kickers with 4 ohms each from crutchfield, even using the pac line out converter it sounds great
Old 03-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
Moriartii

Very nice! How did you hook the PAC up? Taps or solder?
K
Old 03-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

taps. im 16, i dont trust myself with a saldering iron lol
Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
Moriartii

Nicely done.
K
Old 03-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

i dont have pictures of the final install yet. it started raining as i finished (yay indiana weather!) and i didnt get to take pictures of the final. im still deciding where im going to stick my bass knob.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

This is the 4 gauge wiring kit and the pac converter box that i bought from steve@********. i also bought the full enclosure not the stealth boxes. you will also need electrical tape, wire strippers, and speaker wire.

1st you need to remove the ground wire from your battery.(no picture included, its obivious)

you need you take the 6x9 speaker harness clips off and remove the electrical tape from the wires. when you see the wires, cut the wire and trim room so you can fit the t-tap connectors onto the wire.

when it is finished it should look like this on the left speaker. the right speaker will look the same, but the wires are dark blue and light blue.

Now you should cut about 1 to 2 feet of speaker wire and strip both ends (you must do this twice, once for each 6x9 speaker). then on one end you should add the other parts of the t-tap connectors

now take one of your positive wires and add it to the purple wire on the line out converter. then add the negative wire of the same piece of speaker wire to the purple/black wire. the other positive wire will be done the same way to the green wire and the negative to that strip of speaker wire will be added to the green/black wire on the line out converter.

add electrical tape to all the connections securely or you can use crimp connectors.

now add your power cord for your amp to the battery (make sure that the end that is not connected to the battery does not touch the metal of your car!!!!!!!)

Run the wire through the same slot as your positive wire harness, but leave it in the trunk up against the mat in the back of the trunk.

now for the ground, my ground wire was short so i decided to make my own ground area. sand down the metal on the battery bracket and on the bolt around it.

now remove the bracket and sand the metal on the side the ground will be on. this shouldnt take much.

when you are finished, just put the bracket down and connect the ground to this bolt.(no picture)

now you can plug the 6x9 harnesses back into the speakers (no picture)

now you need to cover up all of the wires on the pac except for the yellow, blue, and blue/black sticking out of the end with the rca.

now you need to put your enclosure in through the back seat. once you have it in, you can mount the amp to the back of the box (optional).

before you connect the wires, you need to cut a hole through the mat in the back run the wires up through it for the amp.

you need to attach the remote trigger wire to the amp and to the line out converter. the blue wire sticking out of the side with the RCAs is the wire that should be connected to your trigger wire. (no picture)

now you need to connect the power cord and ground cords to your amplifier.

now you need to connect the t-taps together from the line out converter. the green(+) goes with the brown(+) t-tap on the left speaker, the green/black(-) goes with the yellow(-) t-tap connector on the left speaker.
the purple(+) goes with the dark blue(+) on the right speaker and the purple/black(-) goes with the light blue(-) wire on the right speaker.(no picture)

now its time to add power to the line out converter. you need to take the yellow wire and add it to the terminal on the amp with the power cord, and to connect the ground wire of the amp (blue/black) to the ground terminal of the amp.

now you can add the RCAs to the amp and to the line out converter. use the RCA ports closest to the C in PAC. make sure on the RCA side the switch is on RCA and on the speaker side, the switch is on wired. now you can connect the ground back to your battery. if the battery sparks it is alright. it is normal.
after you have connected the battery back you can put the compressor and cover back in the trunk and start your car and your subs should be ready to go. if you need help, pm me. i usually get on here at least once every day or two.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

i think i finished the diy lol. if someone needs help just ask. the estimated time for someone new to audio is approximately 3-4 hours of time, but this is the same amount of time for someone at a shop to do it and it will save you alot of money.
i'll post pics of my final looks sometime after it stops raining and i get time to take them.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #10
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
You've been busy. Great job. Post up some final pics when you get a chance
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote