Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #57
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
love how people talk about stick is the only thing for muscle but yet they are ok with it in exotics. and auto stick?? wtf is that, a different set up but its still paddle shift. get over it. and comparing the tranny in a ferrari to our chevy is also retarded lol... ya your stick sucks cause its not a stick matted to a zr1 so your 30k car sucks. lol paddles are quicker than your slow ass shift DEPENDING on how its set in the car. stock auto camaro still beats manual camaro stock. (though gearing is slightly different) and higher end cars shift even faster with different trannies set up to paddles. in the end you killed yourself. paddles are used in F1, not the same set up but they are better and faster than your stick. that's why its used in real race cars....
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 AM   #58
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPP View Post
Now we need bigger, flashier aftermarket paddles. Anyone up for the task? Stick-ons maybe?
I'm up for the challenge of paddles. What were you thinking? Ideas? I don't have a '12 to work off of though so...
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #59
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
I'm up for the challenge of paddles. What were you thinking? Ideas? I don't have a '12 to work off of though so...
I think the easiest and simplest option is a replacement for the paddle or a larger paddle that sticks (with double sided tape) onto the factory one.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #60
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPP View Post
I think the easiest and simplest option is a replacement for the paddle or a larger paddle that sticks (with double sided tape) onto the factory one.

I agree. Either way I need to have the paddles in hand to do the design. I can't find the paddle at GMPartsdirect.com, so maybe they aren't available yet.

In general - how would you change the paddle? Larger, taller, wider, or change the shape? I'm thinking anodized or powder coated aluminum for a material. What price would you consider reasonable for this upgrade?
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #61
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
They still can't get it right though. I've posted this pic before. It should be finger pull for up shifts thumb push for downshifts on both sides. Down shift on the left and upshift on the right is retarded.

This is what it should be.

Either way, with todays automatic transmission offerings and their abilities, buying a manual transmission is like wiping before you poop, it makes no sense.

hmmm... disagree and disagree

That Mazda wheel does not look good, and I like keeping upshifts on one side and downs on the other. Thats proper.

Also, you must not be able to drive manual for making a statement like that! I look forward every day to getting out of my automatic work SUV to be able to drive my wipe-before-you-poop Camaro.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #62
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
I agree. Either way I need to have the paddles in hand to do the design. I can't find the paddle at GMPartsdirect.com, so maybe they aren't available yet.

In general - how would you change the paddle? Larger, taller, wider, or change the shape? I'm thinking anodized or powder coated aluminum for a material. What price would you consider reasonable for this upgrade?
I think I should play with them for a while before knowing what's needed.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #63
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
They still can't get it right though. I've posted this pic before. It should be finger pull for up shifts thumb push for downshifts on both sides. Down shift on the left and upshift on the right is retarded.

This is what it should be.

Either way, with todays automatic transmission offerings and their abilities, buying a manual transmission is like wiping before you poop, it makes no sense.
@ the manual part. But that steering wheel is kind of a pain to get used to. I prefer the up/down shift paddles on opposite sides.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #64
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Tell that to all the IndyCar and Formula 1 teams.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #65
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel

But still prefer my M6 LS3.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote