Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 09-16-2016, 07:59 PM   #113
Switchy

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I thought the instructions said you can tap into the pink wire to make this switch off with the ignition?
You can tap into pink wire but I'm iffy with splicing any of my wires. I try to keep my car stock as possible thats just me though.

Do you still have the fuse pulled to have flaps open all time? Do you like it? Notice any difference really?
Switchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:56 AM   #114
gmorris

Drives: 2015 ZL1, Red Hot A6
Just wanted to add that I installed the 3 way controller last weekend and love it. I have a '15 and was able to program 2 of the homelink buttons to control open/closed. Closed flaps is great for hands free calls on the highway and will be even better when the headers go on. Steve has great support as well!
Old 09-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #115
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
I have a 2-way controller that was returned because the customer wants to exchange for a 3-way controller.

This 2-way controller is used, but it has been completely checked out and it is 100% functional. It looks new. Read more here ...
http://www.forzacomponenti.com/exhau...troller_c.html

As it is used, I am offering it for $40 + $7 shipping... that is $38.50 off regular price. Also, including an extra remote that is normally an additional $10. So, total discount is $48.50 off regular price.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Regards,

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:16 AM   #116
forzasteve

bump
Old 12-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #117
DsmRedSS

Drives: Boltons L99
One question, my camaro ss didnt come with this option from factory, however im installing the stock dual mode npp to it, would it work just the same or not?
DsmRedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 06:55 AM   #118
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsmRedSS View Post
One question, my camaro ss didnt come with this option from factory, however im installing the stock dual mode npp to it, would it work just the same or not?
As the car was not equipped with NPP originally, it would not have the vacuum system which is used to control the bypass valves. In addition to installing the NPP exhaust, you need to install a vacuum system. This consists of vacuum lines from a source for the vacuum (the engine), a vacuum accumulation tank, a vacuum solenoid valve, and vacuum lines to the flapper valves on the exhaust silencers. The Forza 3-way controller could then be used to open and close the valves, but, honestly, at that point you could also use a simple on/off switch as the means to power the vacuum solenoid valve on and off.

If you plan to proceed with this, I can provide more details for you.

Steve
Old 12-25-2016, 01:50 PM   #119
atn

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Silver Ice
Bought my controller from Forza and it is fantastic. Called for advice and customer service was top notch.
atn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:51 PM   #120
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
SHOUT OUT for the Forza controller and ForzaSteve for his great customer service!

I order the dual mode controller from a vendor and they screwed up when placing the order with Steve ...I wound up getting one for a 6th gen (the fuse taps are different). I called Steve and he shipped me the correct taps right away no charge

The controller is a quality unit. EZ PZ install thanks to the comprehensive instructions, quality fuse taps and connector wires. Totally plugNplay. Even the remote fob is quality, more sturdy than our own car's fob.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #121
Jcornwall

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet ZL1
!!

I just want to say that i purchased this controller and have had it on for about a month now and it is fantastic! I have long tube headers and a cat delete and i also live a very strict HOA neighborhood, and this is great for cold starts in the morning or when the wife is with me. Great product Steve and +1 on the great customer service. I highly recommend buying this controller if you need to quiet down your beast at times.

Jcornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:54 PM   #122
JBZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I have had the 3 way controller on for the season.. I stood behind it to test the flaps cold and wow! I have long tubes and cat delete too so its definitely a beast cold start up!

2012 ZL1 preproduction car #13
ROTO-FAB intake / IC reservoir , 2.85" upper , ported inlet
JBZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:56 AM   #123
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
There is this option.
FasNuf is online now   Reply With Quote