Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
MarkLS2
Administrator

Drives: 2009 Camaro
I've made a new design / look to the site, can I get your opinions?

So we have the current site design that everyone is familiar with but I made a new one which is called "version 5". The way to see the new design is to just scroll all the way to the bottom of this page, and on the left side there is a dropdown box, just select Version 5 from that list and you will get the new look, let me know what everyone thinks!?

thanks!!
MarkLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
looks very similar. I like the new logo banner in the upper left. The blue text is an eyesore against the gray background ("previous thread", "next thread" buttons for example.) Otherwise, I like it.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #3
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
It could just be my computer, but I don't like having to scroll sideways to get to bottons on the top banner... but it does look nice, I like the darker background.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
It's not easy on the eyes.
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #5
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
I like it…
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
It could just be my computer, but I don't like having to scroll sideways to get to bottons on the top banner... but it does look nice, I like the darker background.

It's your computer. Check your screen size.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindz
The blue text is an eyesore against the gray background ("previous thread", "next thread" buttons for example.)
Wow, really nice - but I'd change the blue on black text (mentioned above) back to red or maybe an orange (hugger). It is hard to read with blue. Oh!! or just put a white/grey background behind anything thats hard to read like that.

If I had my way, i'd change the banner back to the American flag behind the Car on version 2 of the site

Other than that, VERY nice job. The site has become cleaner-looking, if that was possible.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I like it.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It's not bad at all. I like it. The blue in SOME areas is an eyesore...previous thread, next thread. But, I never really use those so it doesn't bother me. The blue in all the other areas does not hurt the eyes. I like the header as well.

Someone said it's their computer screen, but IDK. I have to scroll over to get the rest of the buttons at the top of the page as well. I don't like having to do that. I like everything right there. I don't think it's my computer because it's been like this forever. If there's anyone else out there who can copy their screen and post it up to show me what they mean, I'd greatly appreciate it. I want to see what you see.

Right now, I run the V2 version (same as Dragon). Everything about it is perfect. All the buttons are up top and I don't have to scroll off to the right to get other buttons. The look of the web page is great. And...I love the patriotic look of the 5th Gen w/ the American flag behind it. V2 is awesome.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #10
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Right now, I run the V2 version (same as Dragon). Everything about it is perfect. All the buttons are up top and I don't have to scroll off to the right to get other buttons. The look of the web page is great. And...I love the patriotic look of the 5th Gen w/ the American flag behind it. V2 is awesome.
Ditto, I also have V2 up ... mine might be cut off because of MSN and the dumb toolbar that I need and use alot.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Someone said it's their computer screen, but IDK. I have to scroll over to get the rest of the buttons at the top of the page as well. I don't like having to do that. I like everything right there. I don't think it's my computer because it's been like this forever. If there's anyone else out there who can copy their screen and post it up to show me what they mean, I'd greatly appreciate it. I want to see what you see.
The only reason I can think of that this happens, is your computer screen. I have to agree with Killer.
Actually, I've played in IE 7 and in Firefox, It's not the browser's fault: the menus move with the window size...however, I run at 1440 x 900, so I never have any problems. But when I ran at a lower resolution, just for kicks, the described problem occurs. So my advice would be to up your resolution, or get used to scrolling....

I tried to get pictures, in fact, I have them, but I got a "fatal error" message telling me there wasn't enough memory space for pictures....
Old 07-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham

I wanted to ressurect this thread. More for the Newer Members than anybody else.

Mark LS2 did an amazing job on the most recent facelift of Camaro5, and I think he deserves some credit - soooo...go to the far bottom/left of your screen and choose "version 5" for a cool new look to the forums of Camaro5.com!

(if you don't like it - which I doubt - you can switch back to "version 3" which is the default version of the site)
Old 07-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I love it!!! Using it now!!
Old 07-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #14
MarkLS2
Administrator

Drives: 2009 Camaro
Yea I have to work on a lower resolution friendly version of this, I think I have an idea to make it work... I hope
MarkLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote