Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #253
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
well I just got my car back. it looks and feels the best it's been since it has been super charged. The bolt was of sub par quality they said. I was going to take the bolt fragment to the lab at our office and do a metallurgical test on the bolt to see what exactly the deal is. However they can't find it at the moment.

Owen the shop owner that just fixed the tensioner said he's worried about the design of the tensioner. There are only two bolts holding the tensioner in place and one of those is only for stability. So that means that most of the force on the tensioner is being put on a single bolt. So we will see what happens overt time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG SGH-1747 using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #254
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Baylor -

Any updates on your car since your last post?

Has there been a consensus on what was causing your MAFs to fail (guessing condensation from the SuperChiller?)

As for your OD pully on the stock HPFP , were you able to sort out the issues enough to either 1) keep the OD pully on or 2) solve the fuel delivery problem?

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #255
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
Baylor -

Any updates on your car since your last post?

Has there been a consensus on what was causing your MAFs to fail (guessing condensation from the SuperChiller?)

As for your OD pully on the stock HPFP , were you able to sort out the issues enough to either 1) keep the OD pully on or 2) solve the fuel delivery problem?

Thanks!
Condensation was the issue, I am certain of it. Tracy sent me a valve that I can adjust to regulate how much cold air is sent through the system. Ive had it installed for about a month now and seems to be working great. I have been running my AC everyday and I have pulled my MAF sensor several times and there has been absolutely no condensation. So it appears the valve solved the issue.

As for the OD pulley, I gave up on it and I have been running the stock pulley for over a month with zero issues, I will be going to the drag strip soon since its no longer in the high 90's.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #256
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Condensation was the issue, I am certain of it. Tracy sent me a valve that I can adjust to regulate how much cold air is sent through the system. Ive had it installed for about a month now and seems to be working great. I have been running my AC everyday and I have pulled my MAF sensor several times and there has been absolutely no condensation. So it appears the valve solved the issue.

As for the OD pulley, I gave up on it and I have been running the stock pulley for over a month with zero issues, I will be going to the drag strip soon since its no longer in the high 90's.

Hey Baylor.. Just sent you a quick PM let me know your thoughts.

Glad to hear this MAF issue seems to be resolved!

Thanks

Matt
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #257
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Good to hear Chris!!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #258
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post

Thanks for the update. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a FI system for my Camaro and I am leaning heavily toward superchargers. While being into turbos in the past, my skill level is still novice and I am looking for reliability over peak power. Still doing my research at this point - I like the fact that the "base" Rx kit is having good results, but wish the "upgrades - ie overdrive pully, HPFP-upgrade, meth kit, a/c chiller, etc, produced better results than what seems to be the case. I'm willing to bet in time they will be as more people have exposure to and learning about them...I also was not overly excited to learn your set up was producing only 350 whp - I had hoped the "base" Rx kit would produce 380-400 whp, but then again 350 whp is about 100hp over stock, which is pretty decent... Have you been able to generate a more lineal power band on the dyno? Or is there still peaks and valleys?

Glad you are enjoying your camaro and thanks for being one of first!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #259
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Well most ppl are dynoing with the base kit at around 350+ the reason I wasnt dynoing good because the fuel system fails at about 7 - 8 psi. I havent been to the dyno since but the normal pulley definitely pulls harder than the busted OD pulley.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #260
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

10-4 on the news about the normal pulley

thanks
Old 10-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #261
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Hmmm ran a 13.9 tonight no idea what's going on, I'm making boost too.

It was not the weather because V6owner is here and ran a 13.2

60 foot wasn't great, only 2.0 and im trapping 98-99 BUT before I got supercharged I ran a personal best of 13.7 at around same trap speed.

SO, in summary I was running fast N/A My AFR looked to be in high 11's, but I was only able to get get a glance since I was focusing on driving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.

Last edited by BaylorCamaro; 10-05-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #262
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Well a 2.0 60ft is not that bad. Does your track allow a passenger? Maybe you could get someone to ride with you while you drive so they can keep track of how things are looking?

98-99 is about what i trap

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:43 AM   #263
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
I ran a 13.2 @ 104
60' @ 1.910
Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #264
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Well a 2.0 60ft is not that bad. Does your track allow a passenger? Maybe you could get someone to ride with you while you drive so they can keep track of how things are looking?
Or mount a camera to record the AFR.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #265
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
. Does your track allow a passenger? Maybe you could get someone to ride with you while you drive so they can keep track of how things are looking?
Nope, not if you're running faster than 13.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Or mount a camera to record the AFR.
Yeah that's what I did last time I was at the track, I just forgot to bring the camera this time.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #266
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Glad to hear your back on the track, and nothing major
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote